Comcast Giving $1000 Bonuses To "Front Line" Employees

TP2000

Original Poster
I just read that Comcast is one of the growing list of American companies now giving out big bonuses to employees after the tax bill passed through the Legislature this week. http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/20/news/companies/wells-fargo-bonuses-tax-cuts/index.html

I assume this means employees at Universal Studios parks will also receive a $1000 bonus since they are Comcast employees and the Comcast press release said that "front-line and non-executive employees" will all receive the bonus?

Anyone know anything about this? A $1000 bonus would seem to be a huge deal for a front line theme park employee, especially in Florida where it is taxed at a very low rate and an extra 750 dollars in the bank after taxes would be a big windfall for a lot of hard working people. (A Universal Studios Hollywood employee would be subject to a 50% California state tax on that bonus, making it only 500 dollars going into their bank account. Florida employees are taxed at just 25% for bonus payments.)

If Universal Studios is passing out $1000 bonuses to its theme park employees, how does TDO respond for the WDW Cast Members who work just as hard as the Universal Studios folks? I'd love to see a Bonus War break out for the hearts and pocketbooks of the front-line employees and CM's!

Last edited:

seascape

Universal is not giving $1,000.00 bonuses to its Team Members. Comcast is to it's employeed on the cable side and NBC is for it's employees but no to the themerpark employees.

Bob Harlem

Universal is not giving $1,000.00 bonuses to its Team Members. Comcast is to it's employeed on the cable side and NBC is for it's employees but no to the themerpark employees.

They are, This was clarified and announced today

Dear Fellow Team Members,

Brian Roberts, Chairman and CEO of Comcast, recently announced awarding special $1,000 bonuses to eligible frontline and non-executive employees.

Universal Parks & Resorts is honored to be a part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, an organization that believes in the promise and potential of our Team Members. Whether you work in Orlando, Hollywood, Osaka, or on the planning team for Beijing, you bring to life compelling entertainment and immersive experiences for our guests like no one else in the world. Our exciting growth demonstrates Comcast’s continued investment in our parks and resorts.

You can be proud, not only for our company, but that you are truly part of something bigger – just as I am proud to share this special bonus with you as we start the new year.

Thank you for everything you to do keep our guests entertained, and for making Universal Parks & Resorts the choice of millions worldwide!

Tom Williams
Chairman & CEO, Universal Parks & Resorts

JoeCamel

Brian Roberts, Chairman and CEO of Comcast, recently announced awarding special $1,000 bonuses to eligible frontline and non-executive employees.

Universal Parks & Resorts is honored to be a part of the Comcast NBCUniversal family, an organization that believes in the promise and potential of our Team Members. Whether you work in Orlando, Hollywood, Osaka, or on the planning team for Beijing, you bring to life compelling entertainment and immersive experiences for our guests like no one else in the world. Our exciting growth demonstrates Comcast’s continued investment in our parks and resorts.

You can be proud, not only for our company, but that you are truly part of something bigger – just as I am proud to share this special bonus with you as we start the new year.

Thank you for everything you to do keep our guests entertained, and for making Universal Parks & Resorts the choice of millions worldwide!

Tom Williams
Way to go Universal/Comcast!

huszyourfather

I am full time salaried team member with Universal in Orlando and can 100% confirm that Universal is giving its team members this bonus. Just another example of how much better Universal treats its employees than disney does. I left last year and have never looked back.

Tom Morrow

Before everyone is all "boo hiss Disney!", a reminder that Universal does not allow their TM's to basically ever get overtime pay, and their full time workers scrape by at 32 hours for most of the year. At Disney you can work as much OT as you are willing to do.

But overall, yes, Universal treats their employees better than Disney.

Last edited:

seascape

I am glad I was wrong and very happy for the employees. It is now time for Disney to step up and do the same thing, thanks to the tax cut.

UOTM

Before everyone is all "boo hiss Disney!", a reminder that Universal does not allow their TM's to basically ever get overtime pay, and their full time workers scrape by at 32 hours for most of the year.

OT is approved during peak times of the year in Universal Orlando. Such times include Mardi Gras, Spring Break, Summer, Halloween Horror Nights and Christmas/New Year.

At Disney you can work as much OT as you are willing to do.

Maybe for those who work at locations that always needs the people, but the majority of CM I've spoken to, confirmed to me they can't always work as much OT as they want, only during peak seasons.

Tom Morrow

OT is approved during peak times of the year in Universal Orlando. Such times include Mardi Gras, Spring Break, Summer, Halloween Horror Nights and Christmas/New Year.

Maybe for those who work at locations that always needs the people, but the majority of CM I've spoken to, confirmed to me they can't always work as much OT as they want, only during peak seasons.
Thank you, Universal Orlando PR department.

LogicalDefense

I am full time salaried team member with Universal in Orlando and can 100% confirm that Universal is giving its team members this bonus. Just another example of how much better Universal treats its employees than disney does. I left last year and have never looked back.
Does this bonus only apply to salaried employees? I am a server on Citywalk, and a "Casual" employee. I have been an employee since november of last year.

LogicalDefense

Tom Williams
Does this bonus only apply to salaried employees? I am a server on Citywalk, and a "Casual" employee. I have been an employee since november of last year.

raven

I am glad I was wrong and very happy for the employees. It is now time for Disney to step up and do the same thing, thanks to the tax cut.
Rumors of this first broke back in October...way BEFORE the tax cut decision. While the timing of the bonus makes it look that way, the decision was due to the recent Comcast/NBC Universa restructure.

raven

Fulltime or Part Time status by December 31, 2017. Casual and Many executive levels aren’t included.

seascape

Rumors of this first broke back in October...way BEFORE the tax cut decision. While the timing of the bonus makes it look that way, the decision was due to the recent Comcast/NBC Universa restructure.
Rumors were based on the tax cut coming. Comcast and the other companies clearly say the money for these bonuses come from lower taxes. In other words by letting companies keep more of their money, it allows for the to have more money to give to their employees. This is basic economics.

The Mom

Premium Member
Or maybe you could let adults talk like adults on this forum for adults. Nobody even said anything politically charged. All your preemptive warnings do is kill the conversation.

You've been here long enough to know the rules .
9. If a moderator or staff member makes a directive in a thread (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to these directives. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.

10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom