New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

Darkbeer1

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201801/5889/

>>That track placement would support the chatter that the new Harry Potter coaster will be North America's first Mack Rides Inverted Powered Coaster, the same model as the Arthur coaster at Europa Park and Dragon Gliders at Motiongate Dubai.
I have not been yet on either of those coasters (the Dreamworks Animation indoor land where the "How to Train Your Dragon"-themed Dragon Gliders is located was not open when I visited Motiongate, and I haven't been to Europa Park yet), but both provide an excellent platform for a more narrative-driven experience than your typical roller coaster ride. <<

Bairstow

>>That track placement would support the chatter that the new Harry Potter coaster will be North America's first Mack Rides Inverted Powered Coaster, the same model as the Arthur coaster at Europa Park and Dragon Gliders at Motiongate Dubai.
I have not been yet on either of those coasters (the Dreamworks Animation indoor land where the "How to Train Your Dragon"-themed Dragon Gliders is located was not open when I visited Motiongate, and I haven't been to Europa Park yet), but both provide an excellent platform for a more narrative-driven experience than your typical roller coaster ride. <<
Wow. That How to Train your Dragon ride looks kind of great.
Shame they can't just port that wholesale and plop it down in the Poseidon's Fury building and build a "Berk" mini-land.

bhg469

This is what I want in the states. This, to me is so much more exciting than any trackless dark ride. It doesn't even have to be that trilling, I just feel like this technology can deliver a much more fun ride.

imperius

It is and Universal is ramping up the Potter stuff in general. I'm not that big of a potter fan but I'm surprised by how many people are walking around in full robes. LOL. Also it seems at least some of the stuff sold is Universal park specific, in other words you can't just order it on line.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo but I'm afraid it will take a decade to ramp that up. First a small land and see how it does then another attraction etc. etc. What's been happening with Potter and Potter is starting to become big. I'm fine with that. Wasn't sure if Potter over load was coming but so far so good.

Wouldn’t call SNW with two E tickets and a C a small land. Also will be way less than a decade.

imperius

After the first build there will be more I bet, Nintendo has a lot to offer in characters etc. Potter is going on 10 years by the time the replacement for Dueling Dragons is open. Rumors about FF becoming a Potter attraction as well. Same thing will happen to Nintendo.
Of course, but SNW itself will be large and have top tier rides. It will just take a little for the expansions just as it did for Diagon.

BrianLo

Wouldn’t call SNW with two E tickets and a C a small land. Also will be way less than a decade.

I'd kind of go in with more a C-D-E expectation. Which, IMO, is more of what Universal Studio's needs anyways.

Unless I'm totally off, but I believe Donkey Kong was described as a softer Big Thunder length/level.

imperius

I'd kind of go in with more a C-D-E expectation. Which, IMO, is more of what Universal Studio's needs anyways.

Unless I'm totally off, but I believe Donkey Kong was described as a softer Big Thunder length/level.
Yeah should be, but with the new track parent and hopefully indoor/outdoor and sets should be pretty good.

Rowlet

New aerial shots of the construction site for the attraction via bioreconstruct (https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct)

1.jpg

JT3000

I find it interesting that they're seemingly keeping the queue building. It makes sense from a cost-saving perspective, but are they going to retheme it? I'm not big on Potter, but I don't believe there are supposed to be any other castles near Hogwarts, and I can't imagine Rowling is okay with finally ridding herself of Dragons but keeping the castle anyway.

lazyboy97o

I find it interesting that they're seemingly keeping the queue building. It makes sense from a cost-saving perspective, but are they going to retheme it? I'm not big on Potter, but I don't believe there are supposed to be any other castles near Hogwarts, and I can't imagine Rowling is okay with finally ridding herself of Dragons but keeping the castle anyway.
She must be okay with it since they’re keeping it.

danpam1024

maybe they're putting some kind of facade on the outside so it won't be so castle-ish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom