'Maria and Enzo' Italian Restaurant coming to Disney Springs this fall

trainplane3

It's like the budget went completely to The Edison and then they remembered about this place. If the food is good, then I won't complain much. But it'd be nice if there was some nice eye candy aside from a couple pictures and the mural-thing around the roof.

Bairstow

Wow.
This is the worst Disney restaurant concept I've ever seen.
Everything about this is wrong.

First off, the choice of theme is moronic. If I'm at Disney, the last place I want to go is an airport terminal. Either I've have had to wait in airports for hours making my connections to get there and I'm sick of them by the time I get there OR going to the airport means my vacation is over and it's time to go have to home. Either way, it's bad news. Second, what they built doesn't even look like an airport terminal, let alone an Art Deco 1930s one. It looks like a shopping mall food court circa 1996. I'm sure that carpet is going to look even better after a year's worth of spaghetti sauce and red wine being spilled on it. The "1st Class" section is even worse, with its speckled white flooring, light wooden chairs, and framed posters, bringing to mind the dining area at a university student center. The $25 plates of pasta on the menu is no surprise, and I'm glad to see Disney is keeping their clientele happy with the perennial Bud Light on the drinks menu.

I really don't consider myself a doom-and-gloomer when it comes to Disney's current direction, but this is just pathetic.
Surely this is just a placeholder until Landry's or someone signs a lease, or else this is some kind of creative accounting maneuver by Disney to create a restaurant that intentionally fails in 18 months, assuming it lasts that long.

Maria-and-_Enzo_Full_31979.jpg

I feel you man. I feel you.

JBIRDTO

Welcome do the doom and gloom portion of the show. I for one will wait to see it in person to judge. This is not about being at an airport its about travel. And 1930's aviation is a grand expression of personal adventure and freedom. It is a timeless style which they have captured quite well in architectural elements while adding some whimsy and mid-century modern elements.

All comes down to personal taste but man some people thrive on negativity.

See you at Enzo's

Magic Feather

Wow.
This is the worst Disney restaurant concept I've ever seen.
Everything about this is wrong.

First off, the choice of theme is moronic. If I'm at Disney, the last place I want to go is an airport terminal. Either I've have had to wait in airports for hours making my connections to get there and I'm sick of them by the time I get there OR going to the airport means my vacation is over and it's time to go have to home. Either way, it's bad news. Second, what they built doesn't even look like an airport terminal, let alone an Art Deco 1930s one. It looks like a shopping mall food court circa 1996. I'm sure that carpet is going to look even better after a year's worth of spaghetti sauce and red wine being spilled on it. The "1st Class" section is even worse, with its speckled white flooring, light wooden chairs, and framed posters, bringing to mind the dining area at a university student center. The $25 plates of pasta on the menu is no surprise, and I'm glad to see Disney is keeping their clientele happy with the perennial Bud Light on the drinks menu.

I really don't consider myself a doom-and-gloomer when it comes to Disney's current direction, but this is just pathetic.
Surely this is just a placeholder until Landry's or someone signs a lease, or else this is some kind of creative accounting maneuver by Disney to create a restaurant that intentionally fails in 18 months, assuming it lasts that long.

Maria-and-_Enzo_Full_31979.jpg

I feel you man. I feel you.
This is not a Disney-owned restaurant group, in fact, the entire cluster is owned by Patina. Maria and Enzo's suffered from some relatively last minute changes that threw a wrench into things. Nonetheless, out of the four new restaurants, 3 out of four seem like they are/ will be hits.

PS: Opentable ressies for M&E's start 1/15 alongside the Edison and EH on 1/29

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
All comes down to personal taste but man some people thrive on negativity.

Problem with your theory is that there are myself and others who praise other things who don't like this. To claim we don't like it because we don't like anything is an ad hominem... one that is based on a falsehood. So, can it.

I gave very specific reasons why they missed the mark. You, however, gave vague pronouncements.

I am Timmy

I've seen actual airports with more color and theme. The first class lounge looks like a cafeteria. A cheap one. The food courts at the value resorts have more ambiance. I know it's not all about looks, however my family is very visual. For the money we'd be spending to eat here we expect to enjoy our surroundings as well. We've also come to expect a dining experience when we travel to DW, the total package. I think many do. I get the travel and adventure theme, I just think Jock Lindsey's did it better. I would pay more to eat there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is not a Disney-owned restaurant group, in fact, the entire cluster is owned by Patina. Maria and Enzo's suffered from some relatively last minute changes that threw a wrench into things. Nonetheless, out of the four new restaurants, 3 out of four seem like they are/ will be hits.

PS: Opentable ressies for M&E's start 1/15 alongside the Edison and EH on 1/29

This space was originally being called "Walt's", do you know what that plan was for that? The configuration of the building almost makes it look like there was going to be a performance space of some sort on the main floor.

JBIRDTO

Problem with your theory is that there are myself and others who praise other things who don't like this. To claim we don't like it because we don't like anything is an ad hominem... one that is based on a falsehood. So, can it.

I gave very specific reasons why they missed the mark. You, however, gave vague pronouncements.
Perhaps it was your specificity on how they missed the mark that comes across as searching for reasons. Perhaps it is my ever decreasing tolerance for negativity in today's world that sparked my response. However it is still down to personal taste and ultimately the in-person experience.

KBLovedDisney

Is Disney Springs now heading into an Art Deco style decor with their new restaurants? I certainly don't mind because that era's decor has always fascinated me. But, with color scheming and furniture choices, it could easily be a swing and a miss.

Feels like they should put that fancy restaurant from the Rocketeer somewhere in Disney Springs now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom