Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Leia

In regards to Brazil from the Circle of Life thread!
Adding these two quotes as well, thanks Feather & Martin!!
Bingo. This was just a convenient move to clear the space without shifting the resident park (not like they had an entire innoventions area...) and move things along on plans for Circle of Life, who’s replacement we should get pre 50th.

It is true. Prep for Brazil is due to start soon.

21stamps

I think they would have to include the Christ the Redeemer statue,. But who knows...we live in a strange world, I can see petitions and protests if it was announced.

Does anyone know of anything being tossed around? A churrascaria would be mandatory, I would think.. and a samba band. What else?

nickys

Premium Member
I think they would have to include the Christ the Redeemer statue,. But who knows...we live in a strange world, I can see petitions and protests if it was announced.

Does anyone know of anything being tossed around? A churrascaria would be mandatory, I would think. What else?

Beach volleyball?
There would need to be some nod to the carnival too, surely.
And a river ride along the Amazon. Aka the river ride that never got built in Germany, just redesign it with a rain forest back drop - sorted!

21stamps

Beach volleyball?
And a river ride along the Amazon. Aka the river ride that never got built in Germany, just redesign it with a rain forest back drop - sorted!

Definitely carnival. I’d hope there would be a nod to soccer as well within the pavilion.
I’m not a huge fan of another boat ride, but I agree with you.. that would be a perfect fit.

El_Tomato

I'm curious to see what Brazilian architecture they'd use. The Christ statue is the most obvious choice but I wonder if Disney might not want to use it due to it being religious imagery.
I can only imagine they’ll probably rely on colonial architecture, seen in cities like Ouro Preto:
C19CC751-1442-4B4E-8DD3-57D98A7BF23D.jpeg
40D6D54F-9571-4DA2-B1A8-99F9ACFDEB3D.jpeg

Maybe they’ll even throw in some nods to Oscar Niemeyer’s famous Brasilia buildings (which, funny enough, kinda remind me of EPCOT Center’s old architectural style and its grandeur):
16C39122-2BEA-431A-8CF5-08A2BB972D9E.jpeg
740A636D-FE75-468A-AE21-0E132B9D8762.jpeg

The thing is, Brazil is such a mashup of different cultures that you could build practically anything (from small villages near rivers and such to European-looking colonial towns to even futuristic buildings full of sweeping curves) and still call it “Brazilian”.

EPCOTCenterLover

I can only imagine they’ll probably rely on colonial architecture, seen in cities like Ouro Preto:
View attachment 254476 View attachment 254477

Maybe they’ll even throw in some nods to Oscar Niemeyer’s famous Brasilia buildings (which, funny enough, kinda remind me of EPCOT Center’s old architectural style and its grandeur):
View attachment 254478 View attachment 254479

The thing is, Brazil is such a mashup of different cultures that you could build practically anything (from small villages near rivers and such to European-looking colonial towns to even futuristic buildings full of sweeping curves) and still call it “Brazilian”.
I would love this! Especially the more traditional colonial look. If the Imagineers go this route, however, I could see some reconsideration of a Spain pavilion as there are some - not all- similarities.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would love this! Especially the more traditional colonial look. If the Imagineers go this route, however, I could see some reconsideration of a Spain pavilion as there are some - not all- similarities.

It's not Disney considering if they want a Spain pavilion. It's Disney waiting for enough corporate sponsorship money to OK a Spain pavilion. Which rumors indicate is in the works... by 2025, or, it falls through and never happens.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh let's open that can of worms! Inside Out is actually a study of mental illness from a Freudian viewpoimt.
Aha! Sigmund Freud attraction coming to Germany, confirmed! To be called Journey Into Your Mother Obsession

Beach volleyball?
They'd need to make this an 18-and-over-only attraction...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom