least favorite past attraction

TwilightZone

Original Poster
something fun I thought of. what is your least favorite past attraction in the parks? mine is sounds dangerous, which wasn't really that bad, just a waste of time and space. you can also include attractions that are about to close permanently as well.

Simba's Mom

I've gotta admit that I wasn't a fan of "Food Rocks". The only time I saw it was after they announced it was closing and when I saw it, I could understand! For some reason, I liked "Sounds Dangerous". It reminded me of an old "Firesign Theater" skit.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I've gotta admit that I wasn't a fan of "Food Rocks". The only time I saw it was after they announced it was closing and when I saw it, I could understand! For some reason, I liked "Sounds Dangerous". It reminded me of an old "Firesign Theater" skit.
It's the opposite for me, I have a soft spot for food rocks, but not for sounds dangerous. But I can totally understand why disney closed both, they're not the most rewatchable shows out there.

AceAstro

It's the opposite for me, I have a soft spot for food rocks, but not for sounds dangerous. But I can totally understand why disney closed both, they're not the most rewatchable shows out there.
It’s funny. I absolutely adore Food Rocks. Like to the point where I have an old recording of it on my phone so I can listen to it throughout the day. It’s one of my favourite past Disney attractions.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Body Wars. On top of being extremely squeamish to begin with when it comes to blood (I am the fainter sadly) and add 'very prone' to motion sickness to that as well, let's just say it wasn't a good day for me after my mother forced me to ride this with her.
I always heard stories of this being THE throw up ride.
perhaps even more so than mission space...maybe

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Star Jets in Tomorrowland, WDW. I recall when my mother and I went on those (first visit to WDW), and we were both scared that we were going to fall out of those, when they were in flight!! They really banked inward during flight.

That ride has been updated a bit through the years, but I still won't go on it. Looks too much like the original. ;)

The Empress Lilly

gimmie more, you are the first person I have seen in recent memory who dislikes the first version of test track.
usually it's the second version that is hated..and only because of bad theming
I just thought that TT was hideous. An eye and earsore. It ruined the calm geometric zen of that side of FW. All the gentle uplifting aesthetics of a garage workshop. Loud, ugly, screamerish. I guess the idea was that a theme park must be loud, thrilling and fast from all directions, all the time.

Like plopping a Death Metal band in a Japanese garden because a few tourists who showed up in clown outfits with beer cans in hand yapped they were bored by the stupid rocks and trees and demanded a bar and coasters.

TT2 made the best of the hand it was dealt.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I just thought that TT was hideous. An eye and earsore. It ruined the calm geometric zen of that side of FW. All the gentle uplifting aesthetics of a garage workshop. Loud, ugly, screamerish. I guess the idea was that a theme park must be loud, thrilling and fast from all directions, all the time.

Like plopping a Death Metal band in a Japanese garden because a few tourists who showed up in clown outfits with beer cans in hand yapped they were bored by the stupid rocks and trees and demanded a bar and coasters.

that is the best analogy I have ever read
also I agree, I was confused at first when people were upset at the retheme. but the problem is the retheme lacks the soul the old one had, it just feel robotic now...even if that is technically the new theme. and the soul is more than the ugly garage theme, it was the two hosts that helped it have a soul that the new version lacks. If I were to redo the theming into something else, I would totally bring new hosts in.

The Empress Lilly

that is the best analogy I have ever read
also I agree, I was confused at first when people were upset at the retheme. but the problem is the retheme lacks the soul the old one had, it just feel robotic now...even if that is technically the new theme. and the soul is more than the ugly garage theme, it was the two hosts that helped it have a soul that the new version lacks. If I were to redo the theming into something else, I would totally bring new hosts in.
At the risk of turning this into a TT1 vs TT2 thread, I totally agree with your take on TT2. It's sleek, prettier, better fitting the park. But also a bit soulless, less engaging than its predecessor.

An odd lesson in interactivity and personalised rides. TT1 talked you through the process of vehicle design. TT2 lets you be the designer. And yet TT1 felt less distant and impersonal.

KBLovedDisney

My second least favorite attraction was World of Motion. I liked the ride system itself, but I was so lost in what was going on throughout the entire ride that I got bored.

[takes cover under desk]

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

*ahem* and there's something wrong with Death Metal? I'd choose Arch Enemy over Its a small world any day, any time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom