Has anyone ever had a Christmas tree in their room?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Original Poster
ScreenHunter_161 Dec. 25 04.52.jpg

I am out of town and not at Disney (where I should be) for Christmas. My wife and I were feeling the blues and went out and got a tree and put it up in our hotel room. I guess there is a first time for everything. Has anyone put up a tree at Disney or had Disney do it for them. I have a close friend who hosts Disney vacations for people and does a lot of decorating in the rooms before guests arrive. I used to joke with him about it, but now I understand.

Edit: We went to many stores to find what we needed. I was shocked by how sold out everything was. We started with a 3 foot tree, returned it for a 4 foot, and finally ended up with a 6 foot one :)

Last edited:

drizgirl

When we visit during the holidays, we bring our own table top tree. It really doesn't take much room and it's a nice addition to the room. Some years we put together a specific Disney theme to the tree.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've purchased Disney Christmas decorations and the little Disney Christmas tree at the Christmas shop in Disney Springs and dragged them back to my room and decorated it. And that included the string of lights.

Done the same for Halloween the year we attended the party on Halloween night. But those I brought with me.

nickys

Premium Member
I've purchased Disney Christmas decorations and the little Disney Christmas tree at the Christmas shop in Disney Springs and dragged them back to my room and decorated it. And that included the string of lights.

Done the same for Halloween the year we attended the party on Halloween night. But those I brought with me.

Last year we brought a 3 ft tree, battery powered lights and some decorations from the UK and put it up at BLT. Brought back the lights and decorations, not the tree though!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have a close friend who hosts Disney vacations for people and does a lot of decorating in the rooms before guests arrive. I used to joke with him about it, but now I understand.
With 95% occupancy rates and very short turnovers, I don't see how this line of business can continue...

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Original Poster
With 95% occupancy rates and very short turnovers, I don't see how this line of business can continue...

We are talking big money folks that stay a couple of weeks. He gets the room "ready" delivers groceries and the acts as their guide at the parks all around Orlando during their stay.

I am Timmy

I bring an entire suitcase ( big one) crammed with xmas decorations - we go all out in the room. Lights, garland, door covers, seat covers, pillowcases and blankets, table covers, wall decorations, welcome mat, mirror and window clings, plates and napkins, and we get a tree. It literally looks like Clark Griswold decorated the place by the time we're done. Have at it!

nickys

Premium Member
Several companies do it. This is him.

http://themeparkconcierges.com/

Wow! Pay for someone else's ticket to show you around? I mean I get the idea of getting some help planning, that's what a good Disney TA can do for you. But to actually pay them to take you round a park? It's not that hard ;). And if you come for 2 or 3 weeks, like we do, you have plenty of time to do what you want, without paying someone else to help you navigate the parks.

Each to their own eh? :p Great job if you can get it I guess.

Still intrigued how he gets into the room though ahead of them to decorate, unless he's on the reservation. Disney shouldn't/wouldn't allow that surely?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow! Pay for someone else's ticket to show you around? I mean I get the idea of getting some help planning, that's what a good Disney TA can do for you. But to actually pay them to take you round a park? It's not that hard ;). And if you come for 2 or 3 weeks, like we do, you have plenty of time to do what you want, without paying someone else to help you navigate the parks.

Each to their own eh? :p Great job if you can get it I guess.

Still intrigued how he gets into the room though ahead of them to decorate, unless he's on the reservation. Disney shouldn't/wouldn't allow that surely?

He has an annual pass to WDW and all Orlando parks, as do his employees, so the guests don't pay that. He has told me that most pay for his meals as he eats with most parties. He was a CM and gets a contract with the client which he files with Disney to get access. He is well known to the staff at most resorts. A 2 week vacation with their services is about 15k. The people who hire him can afford it. It also helps he is fluent in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. I came real close to taking a job with him. I am fluent in Spanish ( and Swedish which never matters). He takes good care of his guests and employees. The odd thing to me is he gets huge return business. I guess some people like their hand held.

nickys

Premium Member
He has an annual pass to WDW and all Orlando parks, as do his employees, so the guests don't pay that. He has told me that most pay for his meals as he eats with most parties. He was a CM and gets a contract with the client which he files with Disney to get access. He is well known to the staff at most resorts. A 2 week vacation with their services is about 15k. The people who hire him can afford it. It also helps he is fluent in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. I came real close to taking a job with him. I am fluent in Spanish ( and Swedish which never matters). He takes good care of his guests and employees. The odd thing to me is he gets huge return business. I guess some people like their hand held.

Hey! Swedish could be useful.... and I'm willing to bet he'd find it hard to find anyone else fluent in a hurry :p (Reminds me of the time I decided to do a Danish evening class, because I wanted to learn a language that wasn't "run of the mill". Boy those Scandinavian languages aren't easy to pick up, kudos to you. Unless of course you have a Swedish parent or lived there for 10 years..... ;)).

Back to topic. It makes more sense now then. Except the repeat business, but there are some very rich people around. Does he get a lot of clients from South America by any chance?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom