WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

ILOVEDISNEY

Major road preparation/work in the area of the fire station for some time now. I’m guessing they are building a roundabout, or an intersection. I would estimate the connecting road from Reams Rd to Floridian Way should be done by spring since the fire station area is a wetlands and much fill must be brought in and compacted and allowed to settle before paving. Right now it looks like drainage is going in. I don’t see this as a true north entrance for guests, but a faster way for CMs to get to the other parks and resorts. I do know us locals are looking forward to saving a few minutes of driving time.

ILOVEDISNEY

With the sheer volume of people that come and go through that entrance to property, I don't see how it would really be feasible to do so anymore. Besides guests passing through to get to other destinations (a gray area in terms of access), there are plenty of people who have a legitimate reason to be back there (vendors, contractors, other people going to DU, etc.) that wouldn't necessarily have a company ID.

For years the sign on Center Drive stated access was also for resort guests.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For years the sign on Center Drive stated access was also for resort guests.

I use it every time I go to the Lakeside Center Publix. There's no guard house to question me. And I know that line of cars includes other guests.

Phil12

DW and I live across CR 535 from that Publix. Funny to see dozens of CMs in costume shopping, usually after work.
The gas station at 12748 S Apopka Vineland Rd has a couple of pizza joints behind the pumps and one has outdoor seating. I once saw Snow White and a Disney bus driver eating pizza and drinking beer at that location. Snow White was also having a cigarette with her beer.

Next Big Thing

The gas station at 12748 S Apopka Vineland Rd has a couple of pizza joints behind the pumps and one has outdoor seating. I once saw Snow White and a Disney bus driver eating pizza and drinking beer at that location. Snow White was also having a cigarette with her beer.
As a former entertainment CM, that makes no sense. You aren't allowed to take your character costume off property.

Phil12

As a former entertainment CM, that makes no sense. You aren't allowed to take your character costume off property.
Snow White was obviously not playing by the rules. I believe she and Mr. Purple Pants were creating their own magic. Also, this event I observed occurred about 20 years ago and it was during the month of March.

RichKermitFan

Obviously an inaccurate story or you just misremembered it. That wouldn’t ever happen.

Phil12

Obviously an inaccurate story or you just misremembered it. That wouldn’t ever happen.
Actually I remember it quite clearly. I was staying at the Downtown Disney Hilton and I drove up to the gas station to get some gas and purchase a few snacks and a Florida lotto ticket. Couldn't help but notice Snow White and the Disney bus driver mainly because they were seated outside of the pizza shop at a table and she was smoking unfiltered Camel cigarettes.

peter11435

Actually I remember it quite clearly. I was staying at the Downtown Disney Hilton and I drove up to the gas station to get some gas and purchase a few snacks and a Florida lotto ticket. Couldn't help but notice Snow White and the Disney bus driver mainly because they were seated outside of the pizza shop at a table and she was smoking unfiltered Camel cigarettes.
I feel confident she was not wearing an actually Disney Snow White costume. It's really not something you can just easily walk out of their with.

WDW95

Anyone have any updates as to when this road will be completed?

Also, is it going to be just one lane in each direction or will it be multiple lanes? Right now past the GF and Shades of Green it is only one lane so I don't see why they would make it wider if there really isn't a need. Furthermore, will they add a new "entrance" arch like elsewhere on property or has Disney given up on that notion? It isn't the prettiest sights past the parking lot and power stations up there so I wonder how (or if) Disney is going to address aesthetics.

JoeCamel

Also, is it going to be just one lane in each direction or will it be multiple lanes? Right now past the GF and Shades of Green it is only one lane so I don't see why they would make it wider if there really isn't a need. Furthermore, will they add a new "entrance" arch like elsewhere on property or has Disney given up on that notion? It isn't the prettiest sights past the parking lot and power stations up there so I wonder how (or if) Disney is going to address aesthetics.
I believe is is a realignment of the intersection and entrance to the CM lots. What they will do between there, central shops Disney U, Golden Oak and the rest of that area is still to be seen but the major change is to move the traffic light and widen/straighten the intersection. Probably done with that by now but I haven't gone that way for a year or more.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is a recent aerial from Google Earth.

1522359441033.png

mm121

right now theyve been prioritizing redoing world drive by the toll booths

makes sense to fix that first before they end up with even more traffic coming in from the north.

i'd guess they'd aim for 4 lanes,

dunno about an entrance arch but if it becomes an official entrance they probably would add one, or at least a big sign

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom