Van Eaton Galleries Remembering Disneyland: Auction Gallery Visit & Pics

mickEblu

Original Poster
Stopped by the auction gallery today which isn't too far from my house. They have some really cool stuff. From an assortment of vintage collectibles to many of the props from the Tower of Terror Lobby. Oh how I wish I had more disposable income. Here's a "few" pics...

IMG_8660.JPG
IMG_8661.JPG
IMG_8662.JPG
IMG_8663.JPG
IMG_8664.JPG
IMG_8665.JPG
IMG_8667.JPG
IMG_8668.JPG
IMG_8669.JPG
IMG_8670.JPG

mickEblu

Original Poster
There's some really neat stuff there. For whatever reason, I've always admired the fire screen from Tower and I echo your disposable income comment.

Check out th rest of the pics. I’ve added a lot more since you commented.

I guess I could always sell a few organs.

D

Deleted member 107043

I’m stunned that Disney is getting rid of so much of this stuff. Wow, and the things from TOT are especially nice.

Darkbeer1

It made the OC Register this morning, on top of the fold on the Front Page.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/12/08/how-to-buy-your-own-piece-of-vintage-disneyland/

>>Disneyland fans have the chance to see and buy rare memorabilia right now, including an original prospectus that Walt Disney used to lure investors to the park, a cast member’s costume from Pirates of the Caribbean, artifacts from the extinct Tower of Terror ride, a 1967 body of an Autopia car, a concept drawing of the Sleeping Beauty Castle and much more.

Want a piece of the Disneyland railroad? Buy an actual wheel from a train, estimated to fetch $3,000 to $5,000. The item expected to draw the highest price is the animatronic “Fuzzball” character from the “Captain EO” attraction, which has an estimated auction value of $50,000 to $60,000.

Potential bidders for the “Remembering Disneyland” auction can view the exhibit of more than 800 items now at the Van Eaton Galleries in Sherman Oaks, bid early or big live during the auction on Saturday, Dec. 16.<<

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom