Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

FigmentFan3

Forgive me if it's already been asked, but does this mean that they can expand guest areas onto what I believe is the strawberry lot beyond Cirque? It seems like this in conjunction with the revamps going on around west side lead to a natural expansion further down.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Forgive me if it's already been asked, but does this mean that they can expand guest areas onto what I believe is the strawberry lot beyond Cirque? It seems like this in conjunction with the revamps going on around west side lead to a natural expansion further down.
I don't know officially, but it will depend on how much the third garage increases capacity.

My gut is telling me that keeping it as parking will most likely be the best option right now as I don't think the current tenant space is at 100% occupancy.

jt04

Agreed. I expect that is exactly what will happen sooner rather than later.

FigmentFan3

I don't know officially, but it will depend on how much the third garage increases capacity.

My gut is telling me that keeping it as parking will most likely be the best option right now as I don't think the current tenant space is at 100% occupancy.

Agreed. I expect that is exactly what will happen sooner rather than later.

Both interesting perspectives. I was unsure of tenant space occupation but I’m sure that will play a part in it. I think it’s easier to get people down that way with the location of the bus stop being behind the market house now, but when they do expand onto that lot, it’s going to have to be something universally interesting (I.e. not the NBA). It’s gonna take a hefty amount of gravity to get people all the way over there from the marketplace if you see what I’m saying.

jt04

Both interesting perspectives. I was unsure of tenant space occupation but I’m sure that will play a part in it. I think it’s easier to get people down that way with the location of the bus stop being behind the market house now, but when they do expand onto that lot, it’s going to have to be something universally interesting (I.e. not the NBA). It’s gonna take a hefty amount of gravity to get people all the way over there from the marketplace if you see what I’m saying.

It is close to the Orange garage so distances aren't as limiting as some seem to think. It does appear the west side pads are for the bigger venues. Time will tell.

Rob562

There's also two expansion plots they can use beyond Cirque without taking out any parking. One is currently a campus of temporary buildings that I think is construction offices for the whole Disney Springs project (or maybe it's Cast support while they're working on a new place for them?)

But there's also a prime waterside plot of land just beyond House of Blues, next to the water taxi dock, that's available. A visually-alluring tenant could easily go there and be visible across the water, drawing people there on foot and by water taxi.

-Rob

Next Big Thing

Disney springs is down the street from me and i refuse to go. Just another mall.
I'm not sure why you would "refuse" to go. I don't go often - at least not anymore. There was a period we went fairly often, but now, it's just every one in awhile.

However, there are still plenty of reasons to go individually. Star Wars VR experience, Cirque (I know it's closing, but new show is in the works), House of Blues, etc. Much of the dining locations are exclusive to Disney Springs and many others are exclusive to at the very least Florida.

All of that is just exclusive stuff, not to mention if you want to see a movie (although as a local it would never be my first choice) or go shopping at many Orlando-exclusive shops, like Uniqlo, which is actually pretty inexpensive.

disney4life2008

I'm not sure why you would "refuse" to go. I don't go often - at least not anymore. There was a period we went fairly often, but now, it's just every one in awhile.

However, there are still plenty of reasons to go individually. Star Wars VR experience, Cirque (I know it's closing, but new show is in the works), House of Blues, etc. Much of the dining locations are exclusive to Disney Springs and many others are exclusive to at the very least Florida.

All of that is just exclusive stuff, not to mention if you want to see a movie (although as a local it would never be my first choice) or go shopping at many Orlando-exclusive shops, like Uniqlo, which is actually pretty inexpensive.

I go to the cheap movie theaters, fashion Square comes to mind. Honestly I have no reason to go to Disney springs. I used to enjoy going to world of Disney then eating at rainforest cafe. But i refuse to pay 20 for a burger im not on vacation. And with the updated apple version of world of Disney that is the nail in the coffin for me.

Next Big Thing

I go to the cheap movie theaters, fashion Square comes to mind. Honestly I have no reason to go to Disney springs. I used to enjoy going to world of Disney then eating at rainforest cafe. But i refuse to pay 20 for a burger im not on vacation. And with the updated apple version of world of Disney that is the nail in the coffin for me.
I certainly agree with you on the movie theater part, much cheaper theatres around (Cinemark at Artegon, West Oaks 14, even CityWalk works for me given the discounts I get at that theatre)

jt04

I certainly agree with you on the movie theater part, much cheaper theatres around (Cinemark at Artegon, West Oaks 14, even CityWalk works for me given the discounts I get at that theatre)

I think there is a lot of added value with going to DS and AMC theaters in general. Always found it to be a more pleasant experience. You get what you pay for in most cases.

Next Big Thing

I think there is a lot of added value with going to DS and AMC theaters in general. Always found it to be a more pleasant experience. You get what you pay for in most cases.
Nah, not at DS.

You can get a much better viewing experience - with reclining seats and buttons to call servers - elsewhere in Orlando for only $5 whereas just a regular, 2D seat at DS AMC is about $10.

jt04

Nah, not at DS.

You can get a much better viewing experience - with reclining seats! - for only $5 whereas just a regular, 2D seat at DS AMC is about $10.

Hopefully the theaters get upgraded and a real Imax would be nice too. Or at least one of the new wide screen theaters which may be even better than Imax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom