Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Timothy_Q

You know what? I'm doing a 180. I just rode Dinosaur today. Some ceiling tiles had water damage. The displays in the queue had silver fish. The effects all worked fine but I just think how lacking it is compared to Indy. I want Indy and if they give Indy the correct treatment then it works in the park.
For what it’s worth, Indy has broken effects all the time too. And some that have been permanently shut off

AEfx

And yet over at Studios, Mickey ended up being a gut and replace rather then a new build in a park desperate for more capacity even after all of its big expansion projects open.

True, but I would argue that was an entirely different situation. GMR has been on the block for a long time, very unfortunately.

The only reason people even speculate about Dinosaur/Indy is because of the "clone" status of the building/ride system with the Disneyland ride. It is really doubtful that some 25 years later, they are going to want to brick for brick replicate the California attraction in Orlando, and even though the layout of the ride path is the same, it would still be far far more than just replacing show scenes even if they did wish to go that route.

There is a long list of reasons that I do not believe it would happen, including that especially now that UoE is gone, there is no representation (or places to sell the highly popular merchandise category of) Dinosaurs at WDW aside from the attraction.

Bocabear

With Pandora just opened. I would guess they will do a whole lot of nothing but marketing...Maye fix the yeti...I would not expect more....especially not an e-ticket boat ride based on Moana.... Though it would be lovely....

Bocabear

Lion King Log Flume? Do those things go together? Now a Pocohontas canoe flume based on the Just Around The Riverbend sequence of the film....that has a split point midway in the ride and two separate endings....Grandmother Willow at the center of the load/unload carousel....it could be epic, and sell a ton of Meeko plush ...THAT would be a good IP integration...

drizgirl

Lion King Log Flume? Do those things go together? Now a Pocohontas canoe flume based on the Just Around The Riverbend sequence of the film....that has a split point midway in the ride and two separate endings....Grandmother Willow at the center of the load/unload carousel....it could be epic, and sell a ton of Meeko plush ...THAT would be a good IP integration...
I would LOVE that!

bclane

Yes please!

Cesar R M

With Pandora just opened. I would guess they will do a whole lot of nothing but marketing...Maye fix the yeti...I would not expect more....especially not an e-ticket boat ride based on Moana.... Though it would be lovely....
Didnt @marni1971 i reported that Disney wanted to expand capacity on Avatar already?

Or who said it?

jt04

Forget putting it here. Give us Indy where he belongs...in DHS or MK Adventureland.

Not enough space I'm MK to do the franchise justice. Plus the content is bit not MK compatible. DHS will be overwhelmed by Star Wars fans for the next decade or century.

DAK doesn't have these issues.

Timothy_Q

Not enough space I'm MK to do the franchise justice. Plus the content is bit not MK compatible. DHS will be overwhelmed by Star Wars fans for the next decade or century.

It's exactly because DHS will be overwhelmed by SW fans that more needs to be built there.

The park needs more stuff to do for the hordes of people waiting for their SW fastpasses

jt04

It's exactly because DHS will be overwhelmed by SW fans that more needs to be built there.

The park needs more stuff to do for the hordes of people waiting for their SW fastpasses

Agreed in principle. Prefer Pixar over Indy to serve that roll but that is just my opinion.

cheezbat

Wrong. There's a whole expansion pad in MK south of Pirates. It also seems to be just fine in Disneyland in California and Paris. It would work fine in MK too.

Not to mention with the horrible crowding SWGE is going to bring, DHS needs all it can get to spread out those crowds.

RobotWolf

IMO, Mystic Manor would be a terrific addition to MK Adventureland. It really is the only thing released recently (along with Shanghai Pirates) that has reassured me that Imagineering is still a creative force in the parks rather than an adjunct to marketing. And as a new, fresh IP, Mystic Manor can at least move some merchandise.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ic-point-merchandise-at-hong-kong-disneyland/

And the premise would make a great for a cartoon series or two.

Does anyone know when the exclusivity clause expires for Mystic Manor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom