Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Does anyone think the 10k or Half might reopen? [I can hear y'all laughing on that one]? Since rD cancelled all the Anaheim races, I was thinking of doing Marathon weekend, but just the 10k or Half. I thought of registering via one of the listed charities, but the ASPCA has all their bibs spoken for and I thought since I'm already a member, I didn't mind giving them some more cash.

dreamfinder

Does anyone think the 10k or Half might reopen? [I can hear y'all laughing on that one]? Since rD cancelled all the Anaheim races, I was thinking of doing Marathon weekend, but just the 10k or Half. I thought of registering via one of the listed charities, but the ASPCA has all their bibs spoken for and I thought since I'm already a member, I didn't mind giving them some more cash.

I'd put chances at pretty slim. Every event outside of the kids dashes has sold out. So it's not like they can break down and split up Goofy/Dopey entries if those weren't selling like they have done in the past. And it looks several of the charities have sold out as well, so they won't be getting many bibs back from the charities either. If you want to do it, I'd pick another charity and do it that way.

Greenlawler

We have run for several charities, of the listed ones we have for Catch-A-Lift and RODS. Mainly because those two were pretty flexible. Looking over the list though I wish we could run for Give Kids The World. Wife and I have volunteered there often.

When we have our own hotel booked we usually try and run for the lowest priced charity we like. When we don't we like to run for charities that include hotel in the fundraising.

However we discovered about eight years ago, some charities, including our own favorite will let you "run" for them. All you have to do is raise 4 times the amount of your hotel/or registration, even charities not listed as sponsors. We have been running for our local charity for 8 years during WDW weekend.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

We have run for several charities, of the listed ones we have for Catch-A-Lift and RODS. Mainly because those two were pretty flexible. Looking over the list though I wish we could run for Give Kids The World. Wife and I have volunteered there often.

When we have our own hotel booked we usually try and run for the lowest priced charity we like. When we don't we like to run for charities that include hotel in the fundraising.

However we discovered about eight years ago, some charities, including our own favorite will let you "run" for them. All you have to do is raise 4 times the amount of your hotel/or registration, even charities not listed as sponsors. We have been running for our local charity for 8 years during WDW weekend.

There are several charities that participate in WDW that still have no fundraising minimums so anyone that does have entry already, you can help them out and potentially get cool gear or access to their tents pre/post race. St. Judes, Alex's Lemonade Stand and the Michael J Fox foundation are 3 of the big names this year along with a few smaller ones I forget the names of. Most of the others start at around a $600-700 minimum if you have your own bib. GKtW and ASPCA both fall into that group this year.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There are several charities that participate in WDW that still have no fundraising minimums so anyone that does have entry already, you can help them out and potentially get cool gear or access to their tents pre/post race. St. Judes, Alex's Lemonade Stand and the Michael J Fox foundation are 3 of the big names this year along with a few smaller ones I forget the names of. Most of the others start at around a $600-700 minimum if you have your own bib. GKtW and ASPCA both fall into that group this year.

I've checked and most of them are sold out...or have fund raising minimums that start at $1k. But more importantly, no rooms at the inn. Not paying over $1000 to register and then more $$$ for a room, especially since I'm DVC. Maybe next year, since SW Light Side won't return until 2020.

lukacseven

Does anyone know when the corrals will be announced?
In past years, the email was sent around the 10-14 of December - looks like the emails were dated the second Saturday of the month. This included race number, corral assignment, notification that course was revealed and race program was added to the runDisney site.

Seminole09

In past years, the email was sent around the 10-14 of December - looks like the emails were dated the second Saturday of the month. This included race number, corral assignment, notification that course was revealed and race program was added to the runDisney site.
Awesome, thanks for the info! Looking forward to running this half for the first time!

werac

Hi- I am wondering if anyone has received any race communication at all? I signed up for the 10K and this is my first one and the RunDisney website said they would send out communication 3 months prior to the race and I haven't gotten anything yet and I don't have any emails blocked so there is no reason for my not to get the emails. I just wasn't sure if maybe nothing has been sent out and I am just nervous for no reason since this is my first race with RunDisney. Thanks :)

Joe_90

Hi- I am wondering if anyone has received any race communication at all? I signed up for the 10K and this is my first one and the RunDisney website said they would send out communication 3 months prior to the race and I haven't gotten anything yet and I don't have any emails blocked so there is no reason for my not to get the emails. I just wasn't sure if maybe nothing has been sent out and I am just nervous for no reason since this is my first race with RunDisney. Thanks :)

Don't worry. ;) Nobody has anything for the Marathon weekend yet. Just change that "months" to "weeks" and it will be nearer to when they start sending stuff out.

Wine and Dine half was 2 weeks, Paris was a week!

werac

Don't worry. ;) Nobody has anything for the Marathon weekend yet. Just change that "months" to "weeks" and it will be nearer to when they start sending stuff out.

THANK YOU! I got a little paranoid when I saw on the website 3 months prior and I didn't receive anything!

OG Runner

So, is anyone else just getting excited! I mean there is always the thought that maybe I didn't
practice enough, but the excitement is great. None of the other races I run during the year
can compare with Disney.

dreamfinder

Also, the runDisney emails are notorious for their lack of consistency. Routinely someone will post about an email, and a bunch of us pipe up that we didn't get it. Back when you used to be able to register multiple people to the same email, I would sign up my DW and myself, and would get some emails to just her, some to just me, and some to both of us. It's all over the place. Check online, we are pretty good about posting when something important gets out.

Texas84

So, is anyone else just getting excited! I mean there is always the thought that maybe I didn't
practice enough, but the excitement is great. None of the other races I run during the year
can compare with Disney.

Yes, and nervous. I keep telling myself, the course is flat, the course is flat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom