'Coco' El Mariachi Coco de Santa Cecilia show joins Epcot's Festival of the Holidays

Cmdr_Crimson

Where exactly is Donald doing is his M&G In the Temple? Seems it would make it much buisier within the marketplace.....But, if this is a test to see how it works well inside who knows if Coco characters would pop up there....

dreamfinder

Where exactly is Donald doing is his M&G In the Temple? Seems it would make it much buisier within the marketplace.....But, if this is a test to see how it works well inside who knows if Coco characters would pop up there....

I've seen him doing sets by the fountain in the middle of the staircases in the past. Not sure if that is the rainy day location or what.

Mad Stitch

This is the first thing I thought of when I looked at that picture.
three_amigos_film5_2086.jpg

JeffH

No, its a different group.
...RIGHT, he was asking if the Mariachi Cobre (the original group) would still be playing, or as I am asking...have they been replaced? If they've been replaced it would be horribly ironic since the "YOUR BACK" featuring the Mariachi Cobre runs more than any other commercial here in SW Florida. I've loved and gotten to know the members (many are family and/or close friends of each other) since Epcot opened and LOVE their music, so it would be very horrible (and crass considering the commercials Disney is running) if they've been replaced. It would be nice if they got the holidays off (assuming they want that).

peter11435

...RIGHT, he was asking if the Mariachi Cobre (the original group) would still be playing, or as I am asking...have they been replaced? If they've been replaced it would be horribly ironic since the "YOUR BACK" featuring the Mariachi Cobre runs more than any other commercial here in SW Florida. I've loved and gotten to know the members (many are family and/or close friends of each other) since Epcot opened and LOVE their music, so it would be very horrible (and crass considering the commercials Disney is running) if they've been replaced. It would be nice if they got the holidays off (assuming they want that).
He meant its a different group and does not effect Mariachi Cobre. Both are performing.

Bolt

You know this information exists on WaltDisneyWorld.com instead of having to type long messages that Steve needs to answer and tend to start swirls/rumors.

Also, *you're

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
People are worried about Epcot and TDO "selling out" to IPs, and yet here's a group of musicians who have committed the ultimate "sell-out" to a Disney IP... El Mariachi Coco de Santa Cecilia

And they're pretty good at what they do. I enjoyed their music. But I can't believe they were a group before WDW put them on stage... can someone confirm my suspicion that they're a WDW pick-up band?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People are worried about Epcot and TDO "selling out" to IPs, and yet here's a group of musicians who have committed the ultimate "sell-out" to a Disney IP... El Mariachi Coco de Santa Cecilia

And they're pretty good at what they do. I enjoyed their music. But I can't believe they were a group before WDW put them on stage... can someone confirm my suspicion that they're a WDW pick-up band?

Do you even blog, bro?

From here: https://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/?aud_id=8724

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is seeking Male performers for a 5-piece Mariachi band to activate an exciting new limited time offering running from November 22 to January 6 at the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot® during Holidays Around the World. These musicians will convey the spirit and tradition of Dìa de los Muertos through music and narration. Musicians should be comfortable with storytelling and fluency in Spanish is a plus.

Seeking the following roles:
Male Mariachi Musicians with Vocal Ability: Must have a knowledge of the Mariachi music style and traditions. Must be experienced on at least one or more the following instruments: Guitar, Vihuela, Guitarron, Violin, and Trumpet. Doubling is a plus.

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom