New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't see how this is a bad in any way. It fixes the continuity errors that drive us crazy, and allows us to ride Star Tours II in its original form.
Because it cuts the capacity of the original ST2 ride in half? Continuity didn't bother me. I'd rather have a more varied choice of destinations in one ride.

And worse, for the short term at least, it forces the Disney version of Star Wars down guests throats.

britain

Because it cuts the capacity of the original ST2 ride in half? Continuity didn't bother me. I'd rather have a more varied choice of destinations in one ride.

I can't really believe this would be much different than picking Tomorrowland or Fantasyland sides of the Matterhorn. (Or Alpha and Omega on FL Space Mountain). As much as someone might want one time period over another, once one side appears to have a shorter line, people will find it more attractive. A self-solving problem.

cjkeating

And worse, for the short term at least, it forces the Disney version of Star Wars down guests throats.

Personally I will ride the attraction less when it is fixed as I don't have to re-ride to get different scenes.

When the Jakku scene went in rotation I rode the attraction 10 times at DL trying to get the scene but never did... if I'd got the scene on the first ride I probably would have only ridden the attraction 2 or 3 more times hence I made the queue longer.

I don't see this as cutting the attraction capacity in half... more like Mission Space Green/Orange where you make an active decision to ride one or the other.

Goofyernmost

And therein lies the beauty of not being a Star Wars fan. They could put up a picture of Jar Jar taking a leak in the bushes and as long as it was interesting and fun I really couldn't care less. I just hope it is good quality and exciting.

Next Big Thing

I don't think I'm the only one who finds this sequence to be... wrong. Can't think of another way to put it. I like inserting a scene from Ep8, but that should be the extent of the changes. Being locked into one sequence is really the antithesis of what Star Tours is supposed to be. But I guess that's never really mattered much to TDO before. :(
It was locked into one sequence for 20+ years before ST2.0 came along.

Jones14

Are we now again riding ST1.0? Is this 1997? No. ST2.0 is supposed to be random, not fixed.
Again, though, the ride will will still have tons of combinations, it’s just that you won’t be time traveling within a singular ride cycle. You’ll either see various (random) scenes from 1-6 or various (random? If not now, then when they add the Episode IX scenes) from 7-9. The idea of walking on the ride and not knowing what you’re getting into remains completely intact.

Barring them eventually cutting the ride in half and making one side 1-6 and the other 7-9 (which I think is a bad idea), I’m struggling to see what the problem is. The overall variability is going up for a second time, and is strengthening the ride’s continuity in the process.

PizzaPlanet

But capacity doesn't really matter since a majority of guests will be happy riding either side. I agree being forced to ride the new sequence for the first few months is frustrating, but at least it's temporary.

bclane

Given the 2011 changes I'd be surprised if you didn't already.
Lol! True story! :geek: My success or failure in that regard just depends on who I’m with on a given day. I just hope the rest of the sheeple go to the shorter line to balance wait times out, but I think you are probably right about capacity being cut (which is the only drawback with this for me personally).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom