New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

tk924

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/11/13/star-tours-star-wars-the-last-jedi-prequel-sequel-disney/ said:
On November 17, the popular attraction will get an update which will be comprised of a sequence featuring Canto Bight and a sequence featuring Jakku, which debuted in 2015 to celebrate The Force Awakens. All guests will embark on this adventure for the foreseeable future, with Walt Disney World News Today reporting that, in the future, fans will either choose to experience the new trilogy of films or sequences focusing on the first six films.

In the most recent incarnation of the ride, guests enjoy a ride which takes them to a variety of planets from a variety of points in the Star Wars timeline, jumping from a pod race on Tatooine from The Phantom Menace to the Battle of Hoth from The Empire Strikes Back. While these events take place decades apart, fans have gladly suspended their disbelief of the inaccuracies of these timelines, but, going forward, guests will decide which timelines they will encounter on the ride.

According to the site, when the old sequences are brought back to the ride at some point in the future, guests will choose a path in which they'll enjoy sequences from The Phantom Menacethrough Return of the Jedi or they can choose to experience sequences from The Force Awakensand The Last Jedi.

More OT on Star Tours! Sign me up!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to The Site of Pure Evil, which does not list its source, the change-over is Nov 17, just days away.

And according to them, just like the second scene was locked to Jakku last year, for the new SW Episode, all the scenes will be locked to one script.

1. a new New Trilogy opening
2. Jakku
3. transmission from a New Trilogy character
4. Crait
5. and supposedly, a New Trilogy ending​

Then after the Episode 8 hype dies down, then they'll reset STours to a choice between the old way and the new way.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
According to The Site of Pure Evil, which does not list its source, the change-over is Nov 17, just days away.

And according to them, just like the second scene was locked to Jakku last year, for the new SW Episode, all the scenes will be locked to one script.

1. a new New Trilogy opening
2. Jakku
3. transmission from a New Trilogy character
4. Crait
5. and supposedly, a New Trilogy ending​

Then after the Episode 8 hype dies down, then they'll reset STours to a choice between the old way and the new way.

I don't think I'm the only one who finds this sequence to be... wrong. Can't think of another way to put it. I like inserting a scene from Ep8, but that should be the extent of the changes. Being locked into one sequence is really the antithesis of what Star Tours is supposed to be. But I guess that's never really mattered much to TDO before. :(

Jones14

I’d be down with keeping the timelines separated, but the idea of cutting capacity in half and having to choose when you get in line is unappealing. Hopefully the ‘way down the line’ of guests getting to choose what they get never happens.

Bender123

I’d be down with keeping the timelines separated, but the idea of cutting capacity in half and having to choose when you get in line is unappealing. Hopefully the ‘way down the line’ of guests getting to choose what they get never happens.

I like the idea...I hate the prequels and on four rides, all I got was prequels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom