7th and 8th Hotels Announced For Universal Orlando

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Per Universal's Blog Post This morning:
https://blog.universalorlando.com/w...ouncement/?__source=av.FBPAGE&linkId=44375947

"Not one, but TWO new hotels are coming to Universal Orlando Resort.

And here’s the best part… Both hotels will offer our lowest price tag yet, with nightly rates starting at less than $100.

Of course, when you stay at the new hotels you’ll enjoy the awesome benefits that come with staying at a Universal Orlando hotel. Early Park Admission to our three theme parks, complimentary transportation across the destination and resort-wide charging privileges are included.Universal's Aventura HotelBut don’t let that price tag fool you. This new hotel complex will be a destination unto itself. Guests will enjoy the sun, surf and sand with a laid-back coastal feel. Vibrant and natural colors will set a free-spirited and beachy tone, inviting you to hang loose and enjoy your family vacation. Not to mention three pools, poolside bars, two food courts, coffee bars and fitness centers, just to name a few of the amenities.

So to recap, that’s theme park thrills, exclusive benefits and a seamless Universal Orlando experience with nightly rates starting below Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Universal’s Aventura Hotel.

The new hotels will be located at the intersection of Universal Blvd. and International Drive, just minutes away from Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal’s Volcano Bay and Universal CityWalk’s dining and entertainment options."

Aventura-blog-2.jpg Aventura-blog-1-1170x731.jpg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, the former Wet 'n Wild site.

And while it's sure to have bus shuttle service to Uni Parks, it's only a 1 mile walk, too. It's actually closer to the old parks than the new gate (1.6 miles away).

For comparison, the walk from Cabana Bay to Uni is .8 miles, and the walk from DHS to Epcot IG is 1 mile.

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

JT3000

Is it too late to hope these are just early conceptual renders? Because good lord are those ugly. And no attraction of any sort, just as I feared, despite I-Drive being a corridor that's supposed to attract tourists and not just give them a place to sleep. This wasn't worth tearing down Wet 'n Wild for.

That should free up some land because it will do a job on the other low priced hotels around the area.

Yeah, this is going to be the exact opposite of the rejuvenating project that part of I-Drive needed. Even if Universal eventually snatches up more land, they'll just build more butt ugly hotels.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wow, the theme's both are similar to Sapphire Falls IMO. Do we know if these will be Loews property's as well?

lazyboy97o

Is it too late to hope these are just early conceptual renders? Because good lord are those ugly.
It’s probably too late. I don’t know why, but Universal always seems to release rather lousy renderings. You’d think it wouldn’t be that hard to find someone who knows how to use a decent rendering engine and Photoshop.

lazyboy97o

Or they do it on purpose????

Those hotels look like what they are, big squares piled up with some paint. What do you want for sub-$100 a night? You can't make it too nice or people won't go to your more expensive hotels. Looks fine to me. Should serve Universals goal of capturing off site budget guests.
I’m not talking about the architecture, I’m talking about the renderings. It doesn’t look like a single scene. The site context looks like a bunch of copied elements pasted onto lower quality renderings right out of Revit.

lazyboy97o

That's why I said maybe they do it on purpose as far as having renderings that aren't very good. You know there is a good copy somewhere from the architects. That one I'm sure looks life like, the ones that were released? Not so much. Does look like a copy paste project.

Maybe Universal wants you to be more impressed with the real buildings/
It makes no sense to pay someone to spend time making a bad version of something.

lazyboy97o

Some times it does if you really don't want to show your hand.
That’s just dumb. These aren’t mandated public records. If Universal didn’t want to show something they just wouldn’t show it, not waste money creating stuff that reflects poorly on them.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It’s probably too late. I don’t know why, but Universal always seems to release rather lousy renderings. You’d think it wouldn’t be that hard to find someone who knows how to use a decent rendering engine and Photoshop.
Lousy is an understatement. Those look like something created by a 3rd grader in comp science class.

captainkidd

Shocking to me that Universal hasn't picked up on Disney's success with Value Resorts. With all the characters they could use, you would think we would get something a bit more fun. I'm starting to worry about Universal a bit. It seems to be they're just getting very lazy with new attractions and hotels.

Coaster Lover

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
With all the characters they could use, you would think we would get something a bit more fun.

Agreed. Now that Universal Owns DreamWorks, it just seems odd that they didn't capitalize on that to make a "DreamWorks Hotel:" that would really appeal to families.

Disneyhead'71

Will the Secret Life of Pets Resort allow pets?
;)

I was a little disappointed with this announcement, but I see the logic. Being isolated like it is, I can see why they wanted to make it pointless to visit unless you are staying there. These will be nice clean modern rooms with benefits (Constant transportation, early entry, resort wide charging privileges.) That's about it. Nothing fancy, just $89/night rooms with benefits.

It makes sense to have the resorts that can command a higher rack rate to be adjacent to the new park. And given the proximity to the convention center putting the more adult themed Cirque resort down there also makes sense.

Pixieish

That's why I said maybe they do it on purpose as far as having renderings that aren't very good. You know there is a good copy somewhere from the architects. That one I'm sure looks life like, the ones that were released? Not so much. Does look like a copy paste project.

Maybe Universal wants you to be more impressed with the real buildings/

It makes no sense to pay someone to spend time making a bad version of something.

The sad part is that these renderings more than likely came from the architects. The architechs don't need the renderings themselves, they work from plans. The renderings are for the client to base their approval/disapproval/change requests on.

lazyboy97o

The sad part is that these renderings more than likely came from the architects. The architechs don't need the renderings themselves, they work from plans. The renderings are for the client to base their approval/disapproval/change requests on.
These renderings are “the plans.” They are very much what the architect is working from as they are one and the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom