DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

P_Radden

Ok, I was turned around. When I saw the new entrance to the parking lot to the north, I assume it was from the intersection of Victory and Buena Vista by Riviera. But, it is indeed coming from Victory and W. Osceola by the ESPN/AoA area.

So, in the picture below, dark grey is parking, light grey is roadways. And the orange is the area marked as 'suitable.' Though as @danlb_2000 mentioned, everything in that section is no longer in the reserved for conservation category, however difficult it may be to build there in the swampy flood plain.

View attachment 241442
Nice job here. Is there any possibility the SW resort could be located within the canal adjacent to SW:GE?

roj2323

Original Poster
A recent water management permits shows some details of the parking lot expansion.

View attachment 241322
Wow ok now we're talking. this is showing the new cast parking, the tram lane reconfiguration, the removal of the existing bus transportation loop, a truncation of the existing guest parking in the north corner of the lot which is presumably to account for the new bus area and even the gondola path is shown. Additionally it's plain to see now that the existing guest entrance on the south end of the property is going away entirely and the area will be used for cast parking. The weird part of this is there will actually be no actual increase of note in the number of guest parking spaces. there might be an extra 500-750 total which isn't much.

roj2323

Original Poster
Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 1.40.11 PM.png

Here's a visual that better illustrates how the guest parking is not really growing but instead just being reshaped mostly. The caveat to this is the old Cast parking (Music lot) will now be a Guest lot permanently so there is an actualized parking increase but no actual growth on a sq footage basis.

peter11435

Music looks bigger to me than the area of the current guest parking that goes away.

My question is how security will work, with the gondola station being inside the security perimeter, but the bus station appears further away from the entrance. I've seen a few attempts at sketching this out, but don't think any of those were official.
Gondola guests will be screened before boarding their gondola.

peter11435

Right, but it looks like the unscreened (unwashed) masses will be dumped off their buses behind the gondola station, and then walk past the gondola station to get to the park. Is bus screening pushed that far back? If so, it would seem to be separate from the screening of guests coming from parking.
My assumption is that buses and parking guests will have seperate screening locations. If also appears that the tram drop off loop is moving as well.

roj2323

Original Poster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Permits filed today for new bus shelters..

1/18/2018 - Disney Hollywood Studio - H o a r Construction Llc
783 Studios Drive #A - DHS Bus Shelter A - New Bus Shelters

783 Studios Drive #B - DHS Bus Shelter B - New Bus Shelters

783 Studios Drive #C - DHS Bus Shelter C - New Bus Shelters

783 Studios Drive #D - DHS Bus Shelter D - New Bus Shelters

Mainahman

Permits filed today for new bus shelters..

783 Studios Drive #A - DHS Bus Shelter A - New Bus Shelters

783 Studios Drive #B - DHS Bus Shelter B - New Bus Shelters

783 Studios Drive #C - DHS Bus Shelter C - New Bus Shelters

783 Studios Drive #D - DHS Bus Shelter D - New Bus Shelters
I hear the h o a r construction company really gets around property too! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom