Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Apparently they are filming the Disney Christmas show this weekend. Today is at Hollywood Studios....guess which park I'm at. Tomorrow starts 3 days at MK. And the Houston Astros parade is at MK tomorrow afternoon. Guess which park I will be in tomorrow. Oh, joy.

surfsupdon

I'm hearing rumors that at the New Balance Expo booth, it is advertised that 2017 is final year for NB runDisney sneakers.

Anyone know more??

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm hearing rumors that at the New Balance Expo booth, it is advertised that 2017 is final year for NB runDisney sneakers.

Anyone know more??

That is the one vendor I don't patronize...

But, I read on a Disney running mom's blog (not the official Disney Mom's panel) that 2017 would be the last year. And shoes were going for 50% off. That might explain people walking out of the Expo with several pairs each.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Time changes at 2:00 am Sunday. I'm assuming rD recognized this and I can sleep in an extra hour, 'cause I'd sure like that hour back that we lost in March this Sunday.

Mousekeeping has slipped notices about road closures due to the races under all the resort room doors. Includes a reminder about the time change Sunday.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My favorite was still the Halloween 5k. Ran it at the MK, and the entry fee included a MNSSHP ticket. Yeah, it was like a $90 5k, but thats what they cost now without the party ticket.

Was it an evening race? That does sound fun. And my son in law would have loved to do it - Halloween is his favorite holiday and we always come down for the party.

Figment82

Anyone know more??

I heard rumors that the New Balance sponsorship is coming to an end, so that would make sense.

Just left the expo. Confused the lady handing out the shirts - the perfect bib is a light orange and she thought I was doing the challenge. :D Congrats to all the 5Kers this morning, and good luck to everyone doing the 10K tomorrow! Here’s hoping the humidity stays nice and low.

LAKid53

Premium Member
10k done. I'm taking 5 minutes off my time since I had to stop and take the piece of gravel out of my shoe I managed to kick up on the Osceola Parkway overpass. It's not easy trying to get your shoe back on after you've been running a few miles. And the pathway from DHS to Epcot was a major bottleneck with that fencing. So, I did a PR today. Woo hoo!

Half tomorrow...and we get an extra hour of sleep.

Banzai

Does anyone have bib numbers for tomorrow’s balloon ladies? I like to track them so I know how much time I have for picture stops

RunningKoen

10k done. I'm taking 5 minutes off my time since I had to stop and take the piece of gravel out of my shoe I managed to kick up on the Osceola Parkway overpass. It's not easy trying to get your shoe back on after you've been running a few miles. And the pathway from DHS to Epcot was a major bottleneck with that fencing. So, I did a PR today. Woo hoo!

Half tomorrow...and we get an extra hour of sleep.

First of all, I'm so proud of you.

However, I laughed a lot when reading this. 'I have a PR when I take some time off'.
I havent told you guys yet, but I own the world record for marathons, when I take a few hours off my time ;-)

All jokes aside, you're doing great :D

LAKid53

Premium Member

Anyone know more??

To better answer your question, yes that is true. Ran into a runner in the elevator at the resort after the 10k yesterday who had on a pair of Disney New Balance. She said, yes, the relationship was ending this year. And the shoes were buy one, get one 50% off. And she bought several pairs to complete her collection.

And before you ask, "why is LAKid posting at 6:20 am, she should be running the Half....." that's another post.

LAKid53

Premium Member
First of all, I'm so proud of you.

However, I laughed a lot when reading this. 'I have a PR when I take some time off'.
I havent told you guys yet, but I own the world record for marathons, when I take a few hours off my time ;-)

All jokes aside, you're doing great :D

It's just the 5 minutes it took to get that dang piece of gravel out of my shoe that I tried to ignore for half a mile and then stuff my foot back into my shoe..ended up having to re-lace my shoe. And it was only a few minute difference between my previous 10k in April.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So why am I posting at 6:25 instead of running? Because when walking over to Thunder Mountain frim the Hub yesterday, I stumbled and somehow did something to my knee - I felt it right there and then. Yes, I tried to trip on a flat surface, which I do more frequently than I like, it's the klutz in me. When we stated at the Boardwalk, it was a running joke with my running partners in crime if I was going to trip while walking through the lobby. Because. I. Did. It. Every. Single. Time. And always my right foot, lol.

Soooo, when my alarm went of at 2:30 this morning, I knew when I got up I wouldn't be running the half. Not only was my knee hurting, my left hip decided to join it. I knew there was no way I was going to make that race and it would be foolish to even try. So I hobbled to the ice maker for some ice and put an ice pack on my knee. And went back to bed. Woke up about an hour ago (really difficult to sleep with a somewhat damp towel laying on your knee). Am i disappointed? Yeah. But the way that knee was feeling, I could very easily have stumbled and fallen. That I wanted to avoid. There's that broken left arm from May 2016 that's always in the back of my mind as I'm "running" on the always damp Boardwalk.

So, no Half or Challenge medals for me this time. :( But I'm happy, considering everything, that I finished both the 5k and 10k.

Time to get up for real and eat breakfast! And have several cups of tea because, well, I don't have to worry about consuming quantities of liquid before running 13.1 miles with few bathrooms...and those Balloon Ladies lurking in the background, lol. :p

Nemo14

So why am I posting at 6:25 instead of running? Because when walking over to Thunder Mountain frim the Hub yesterday, I stumbled and somehow did something to my knee - I felt it right there and then. Yes, I tried to trip on a flat surface, which I do more frequently than I like, it's the klutz in me. When we stated at the Boardwalk, it was a running joke with my running partners in crime if I was going to trip while walking through the lobby. Because. I. Did. It. Every. Single. Time. And always my right foot, lol.

Soooo, when my alarm went of at 2:30 this morning, I knew when I got up I wouldn't be running the half. Not only was my knee hurting, my left hip decided to join it. I knew there was no way I was going to make that race and it would be foolish to even try. So I hobbled to the ice maker for some ice and put an ice pack on my knee. And went back to bed. Woke up about an hour ago (really difficult to sleep with a somewhat damp towel laying on your knee). Am i disappointed? Yeah. But the way that knee was feeling, I could very easily have stumbled and fallen. That I wanted to avoid. There's that broken left arm from May 2016 that's always in the back of my mind as I'm "running" on the always damp Boardwalk.

So, no Half or Challenge medals for me this time. :( But I'm happy, considering everything, that I finished both the 5k and 10k.

Time to get up for real and eat breakfast! And have several cups of tea because, well, I don't have to worry about consuming quantities of liquid before running 13.1 miles with few bathrooms...and those Balloon Ladies lurking in the background, lol. :p
Sorry to hear this but as one who can and has tripped over a shadow, I can sympathize. Feel better soon.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Sorry to hear this but as one who can and has tripped over a shadow, I can sympathize. Feel better soon.

We should probably start a support group, lol. But thanks. I'm resting up so I can make it to the party - that $15 gift card will come in handy.

RunningKoen

So sorry to hear that @LAKid53 :( hoping for a quick recovery.
thank god you're happy with the 5K and 10K with PR.

I was just joking with the PR, it sounds funnny ;-) I have several kinds of PR, based on my weight.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So sorry to hear that @LAKid53 :( hoping for a quick recovery.
thank god you're happy with the 5K and 10K with PR.

I was just joking with the PR, it sounds funnny ;-) I have several kinds of PR, based on my weight.

I wish there was a way the tracker in your bib could recognize when runners take bathroom breaks. I've lost close to 15 minutes waiting in long lines at the scare porta potties along the course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom