News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's large enough to be a pavilion with the ride attached, similar to Soarin'. Don't know if that is the actual plan. You could have pre-show queue, exhibits, and maybe a counter service restaurant similar to Sunshine Seasons.

I think you’re right that they could put all that in there and still have room to spare. I don’t think that’s the plan though which just makes whatever their actual plan is such a mystery.

The current building will be purely queues, preshow, load and unload. With a pre launch show area.

Hard to believe I know.

raymusiccity

Yes. The Eiffel Tower in France is one area of WDW where the forced perspective never worked for me. I'm not sure if it is the Swan, though since it happens from other directions as well. Instead of looking like the Eiffel tower in the distance, it just looks like a small Eiffel tower on top of the buildings to me.

That's only because you're judging from a photo taken with a telephoto lens. You can maneuver yourself in any of the parks to cherry pick a view that 'doesn't work for me' :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, but that would be... dastardly!

And it would require more investment in an attraction with no apparent ROI, so the suits and the accountants would nix that right away.
The original plan was unload, bridge corridor over the queue, leave the building where Ellen did but the doors would lead into a post show connecting corridor which led into the gift shop.

The shop exit led to a Guardians themed eaterie to please the accountants.

Given the central spine project is so messy I don't know if this will still happen.

P_Radden

The original plan was unload, bridge corridor over the queue, leave the building where Ellen did but the doors would lead into a post show connecting corridor which led into the gift shop.

Given the central spine project is so messy I don't know if this will still happen.
OMG Computer Core being converted to a GotG merch shop!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :grumpy:

Horizonsfan

I know I'll be in the minority, but IMO that's a great use of that dead end corner & CC NE. It could solve a number of issues. Namely, you've got a replacement for the tired Electric Umbrella and a post show. Of course the gift shop and over-IP'd aesthetic isn't great, but I'll take the built realm over more trees for that area of EC.

That spine project stresses me out, I really hope they come to their senses and don't just give us an arboretum.

P_Radden

I know I'll be in the minority, but IMO that's a great use of that dead end corner & CC NE. It could solve a number of issues. Namely, you've got a replacement for the tired Electric Umbrella and a post show. Of course the gift shop and over-IP'd aesthetic isn't great, but I'll take the built realm over more trees for that area of EC.

That spine project stresses me out, I really hope they come to their senses and don't just give us an arboretum.
I guess I can agree with you that this proposal would be a good use of that dead end. I also do like the idea of the old Computer Central area being reopened to guest use. BUT it just hurts to think about what that space used to be (pure EC Edutainment), and what it will be (GotG merch), although I guess that is better that what it is now...storage.

An Electric Umbrella replacement does sound interesting. I wonder if it will be a simple renovation of the existing facilities or a complete gut and new build?
20170626_111440.jpg

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
An Electric Umbrella replacement does sound interesting. I wonder if it will be a simple renovation of the existing facilities or a complete gut and new build?
View attachment 239766

An original proposal was to switch the QSR location around to where the exhibit space is / was. Half of central and the current Unbrella would become exhibit / attraction space.

One of many proposals.

rocketraccoon

Not much of a change today. A cherry picker was parked behind the pavilion.

The compressed grass out by the door in the front wedge makes me think they're taking the equipment out of the water feature or something like that. Don't have a photo of it, but there's no visible difference to the exit yet.

The automatic doors are still covered up.

The biggest difference would be that someone stole the trees from the old exit pathway. Why get rid of these now? Why leave this area open? Who knows!

The old entrance to Innoventions East out by the Electric Umbrella has changed from Universe of Energy to Mouse Gear. I believe the only remaining reference to UoE as an actual operating thing is in the braille maps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom