DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

S 2

IMG_2874.JPG
IMG_2875.JPG

What would this forum be without the courtesy of https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

Dr.GrantSeeker

Will the side entrance (across from Speedway) to the parking lot remain open for buses? Or will that shut down as well, only to leave the new entry was as the only option?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where the heck is the SW hotel going? It is going next to SW:GE right?

No insider has told us yet where it's going. On the map below (based on Disney's own Comprehensive Plan [see here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/maps-of-the-reedy-creek-2010-2020-plan.935133/#post-7935696 ] ) the white areas are already designated as build spaces and the orange is "suitable" for development. Additionally there is a lot of suitable building space west of World Drive and south of Osceola Pkwy.

upload_2017-11-2_14-27-10.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Where the heck is the SW hotel going? It is going next to SW:GE right?

We don't know for sure, but I would guess it would go somewhere around here:

upload_2017-11-2_13-42-39.png

No insider has told us yet where it's going. On the map below (based on Disney's own Comprehensive Plan [see here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/maps-of-the-reedy-creek-2010-2020-plan.935133/#post-7935696 ] ) the white areas are already designated as build spaces and the orange is "suitable" for development. Additionally there is a lot of suitable building space west of World Drive and south of Osceola Pkwy.

View attachment 241331

A lot of the land between DHS and Victory is considered un-suitable, but it was recently removed from the conservation easement which indicates to me they have plans for it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
We don't know for sure, but I would guess it would go somewhere around here:

View attachment 241323

A lot of the land between DHS and Victory is considered un-suitable, but it was recently removed from the conservation easement which indicates to me they have plans for it.

Don't suppose you know of any map that shows what 'conservation/wetlands' was moved to 'suitable' in that latest land swap?

P_Radden

View attachment 241331
That area in white will be taken up mostly with the new interchange:
rc-plans-st.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't suppose you know of any map that shows what 'conservation/wetlands' was moved to 'suitable' in that latest land swap?

There is a map somewhere but it's basically everything between World Drive, Buena Vista, Victory and Osceola. The land hasn't been moved to suitable, it's still considered un-suitable for construction, but it is no longer conservation land.

RAXIP

Looks like the re-striped portion of the lot in the foreground of this picture uses spaces perpendicular to the aisles, while the older areas have diagonal spaces. Is this a philosophical change based on higher density parking, or just easier to manage? Also cast parking seems to alternate directions.

All Guest parking is at an angle. The angle of the photo and of the tram lane makes them look perpendicular. The Cast parking has always been alternating directions. This will change when it permanently switchs over to Guest parking.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Ok, I was turned around. When I saw the new entrance to the parking lot to the north, I assume it was from the intersection of Victory and Buena Vista by Riviera. But, it is indeed coming from Victory and W. Osceola by the ESPN/AoA area.

So, in the picture below, dark grey is parking, light grey is roadways. And the orange is the area marked as 'suitable.' Though as @danlb_2000 mentioned, everything in that section is no longer in the reserved for conservation category, however difficult it may be to build there in the swampy flood plain.

upload_2017-11-3_3-1-15.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom