News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

deWild

A portion, I heard. The other MK locations, I'm told, didn't have the fireworks viewing potential that CP does.

Makes sense. They can market the "new" view of the fireworks and castle show if they take over a portion of the Crystal Palace. Instead of using a part of it though, why not just add on? New Yorkers figured that out a long time ago.

MinnieWaffles

Knew it wouldn't be long before the usual crowd came in to spend their precious time on earth, whining about a theme park. Methinks some people are over invested...

DisAl

According to Wikipedia:
"The first and official explanation states Club 33 gets its name solely from its address of 33 Royal Street in New Orleans Square at Disneyland."
"A second and less-well-known story speculates that the name honors there being 33 corporate sponsors at Disneyland in 1966-1967 when the club was being built and opened."

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
According to Wikipedia:
"The first and official explanation states Club 33 gets its name solely from its address of 33 Royal Street in New Orleans Square at Disneyland."
"A second and less-well-known story speculates that the name honors there being 33 corporate sponsors at Disneyland in 1966-1967 when the club was being built and opened."
Wasn't there some rumor that involved 33d Degree Masons?

GCTales

Wasn't there some rumor that involved 33d Degree Masons?
There is also a rumor his head was cryogenically frozen and is stored somewhere.

There is no credible evidence that Walt Disney was ever a member of Freemasonry, much less a awarded the 33rd degree.

The credible reasons are the address (official) and the number of original sponsors (unofficial- there were supposedly 33 original corporate sponsors when Disneyworld opened)

I also saw a rumor that if you turn 33 on its side with the open end down, it looks like MM or mouse ears....

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Im guessing Disney has found that in Orlando while Lifestylers and Bloggers are plentiful.

Lifestylers and Bloggers WITH MONEY are not.

Orlando is NOT The LA basin which as a metro area has many incredibly weathly communities and by extension wealthy disney fans.

Perhaps Disney you should not have driven away long term DVC members because quite a few of them have the scratch to pay for a Club 33 Membership and the annual fees as well.

But with poor service and availability we'll give you points but there is no guarantee that you will be able to actually USE them other than to exchange at a usurious rate into CASH rooms you made us sell.

But hey we were 'Bad Business' because we diluted the holy PRGS metric.

Ah, The Law of Uninteded Consequences strikes again.

P_Radden

A portion, I heard. The other MK locations, I'm told, didn't have the fireworks viewing potential that CP does.
Why don't they do something really nice and build a dedicated location on the empty pad next to crystal palace? Plenty of room and they could hide the construction. Also it could feature a dedicated bridge connecting across from Sunshine Tree Terrace which could add to the "curb appeal"
Adventureland Resturant Pad 2017.png

Magic Feather

Why don't they do something really nice and build a dedicated location on the empty pad next to crystal palace? Plenty of room and they could hide the construction. Also it could feature a dedicated bridge connecting across from Sunshine Tree Terrace which could add to the "curb appeal"
View attachment 238739
Originally that was going to be an Adventureland Restaurant conjoined with Crystal. Kind of like Canteen is to Liberty Tree/ Horseshoes (never can rembember which it is).

castlecake2.0

Another site is showing a large construction wall wrapping around the skipper canteen/ adventureland verandah in the area facing the castle... related to this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom