Upcoming three day trip: Magic Kingdom only? Thoughts?

ohioguy

Original Poster
Thinking of spending all three days of my upcoming trip exclusively at the Magic Kingdom. Is there enough to do for three whole days? I'm thinking it would give us a lot of casual time to just putz around and take it easy; and (except for SDMT) re-ride what we want again and again. It would actually be 2.5 days... the other half day would be spent exploring the Boardwalk and maybe Fort Wilderness. The Studios are a mess, Epcot is also lacking right now, and the Animal Kingdom holds little appeal (and the Pandora area is still too busy to enjoy). Just curious if I was being crazy for ignoring the other parks.

Schneewittchen

Not crazy.

I routinely spend two days in MK to get to almost all of the rides and to re-do the favorites. I don't like missing Epcot, but it was my favorite when I was 8, so nostalgia.... I like Animal Kingdom, but I am a little concerned about Pandora chaos too. And I've been to the parks many times and have never been to Studios (zero appeal for me).

I'm taking a quick trip in November and we are planning 2 days at MK and one at Epcot.

Think of all the cool stuff you can do if you aren't rushed. Wander around Tom Sawyer Island, take a cruise on the Liberty Belle, climb the Swiss Family Treehouse, ride the Walt Disney World Railroad, do some character meet and greets, ride the People Mover during the fireworks, actually stop for the parade, watch a street show.....

ohioguy

Original Poster
I just realized Mickey's Very Merry Christmas is being held one night when I'm there. Is that worth the $89??

DisneyFreak

Not crazy at all. There is plenty to do in the Magic Kingdom for at least two days and having the luxury of taking it easy in the parks is a wonderful experience. I think you will find you will enjoy the park much more!

KBLovedDisney

Not crazy whatsoever. Every trip planned we usually reserve two days just for Magic Kingdom (we could easily make it into a 3-day park). There's just so much to do, to see, to smell (yes, I said smell).

:(Missing the confectionery smell on Main Street this morning.

They should make a park candle that smells like Disney World's Magic Kingdom. That would be so awesome.

Raineman

Out of all 4 WDW parks, the only one that makes sense spending 3 days at would be MK. We'll be spending 2 1/2 days at MK in a month (2 full park days and a half day at MNSSHP). Three days eliminates any need to go park commando, and allows you to see/do/eat the things you like the most multiple times, and try anything that you maybe haven't tried before. I've done the three day visit twice (my first two visits); the first time I was 16, and only going to MK once was OK, cause DHS and Epcot were more my thing back then, but the second time, I found myself wanting to go back to MK by the third day when we were in another park.

DfromATX

Out of all 4 WDW parks, the only one that makes sense spending 3 days at would be MK. We'll be spending 2 1/2 days at MK in a month (2 full park days and a half day at MNSSHP). Three days eliminates any need to go park commando, and allows you to see/do/eat the things you like the most multiple times, and try anything that you maybe haven't tried before. I've done the three day visit twice (my first two visits); the first time I was 16, and only going to MK once was OK, cause DHS and Epcot were more my thing back then, but the second time, I found myself wanting to go back to MK by the third day when we were in another park.

I've had a brain freeze... what is "MNSSHP?" I know when you tell me, I'll feel silly, but I keep seeing it and for the life of me can't figure that one out...

JIMINYCR

There is enough to do at MK if you want to spend your entire time there. A lot would depend on the types of things you like and prefer to do. There are enough shops and kiosks you can wander through shopping or just gazing at the displays. I spend a lot of time watching the glass blowers create their magic. You can discover all the Main Street windows, search for hidden Mickeys, do scavenger hunts, play the many levels of Sorcerers of MK game or Pirates Adventure, take a try at the shooting gallery in Frontierland, wander through TSI and its caves. And thats not including all the rides. I could make it work and be very happy.
Ive done MVMCP before and I thought the event was worth the cost. But I do prefer MNSSHP more though.

crxbrett

Not crazy at all. On my most recent trip of 10 days, I split each day into 2 park visits (essentially had 19 split visits total). MK easily had the most with 8 visits, equaling 4 full days. Definitely enough to do!

MichRX7

Premium Member
If I had three days we'd spend two at MK and attack the other parks in one. HS in morning, AK in afternoon and end at EPCOT if it had extra magic hours the night of MNSSHP. We paid for that once and it was fun and I loved the parade with the Headless Horseman beforehand, but would probably not do it again as you can get so much more done in the other parks that night. But we've been there hundreds of times so it might not be a fair comparison to your situation.

Edward M

Well, my favorite park is Animal Kingdom, and my favorite land is Avatar Land. As a result, I would highly recommend visiting Animal Kingdom for at least one day if you’ve yet to go to Avatar Land. It’s well worth it. However, the other two or 1.5 days are best spent at Magic Kingdom. All the parks, other than AK, are a wreck right now, but MK is certainly the best park to be at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom