Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

FullSailDan

The track is around 3000 feet which is longer then the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which is 2000 feet. But since this has two launches instead of lift hills I would expect the ride time to be much shorter.
Still looks like a fun little coaster to me. I know a lot of people are knocking it but I think the area seems to be kinda coming together. Most cohesive and immersive land ever? No. More interesting to me than Dinoland... yes.

OliveMcFly

These pictures have me excited for this now. Do we know if they plan on adding Pizza Planet? That one building looks a bit like it could be.
This may have already been confirmed and I'm so out of the loop.

stretchsje

The track is around 3000 feet which is longer then the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which is 2000 feet. But since this has two launches instead of lift hills I would expect the ride time to be much shorter.
The best comparison I'm aware of would be Wave Breaker at SeaWorld San Antonio. It similarly has two somewhat low-speed launches and is 2,600′. It's a short ride but has a lot of elements, the type of ride that is enjoyable but not something for which I'd wait long. Stating the obvious here, but ride time for SDD will depend on the speed of the launch and whether the trains are stopped (and for how long) before a launch.

Doing the best I could estimating height from other objects in the aerial views, I estimated the largest drop at 49 feet (15 meters) which would accelerate the train 38mph from whatever speed it's going at the top of that hill (actually slightly less, because of friction, wind resistance, and that every car in the train does not reach the lowest or highest part of the track simultaneously). So figure a ~50mph top speed and probably closer to 30mph for an average. A half mile per minute over a half mile of track is a minute of ride elements. Then again, I don't really trust my own estimates here.

Disneyhead'71

The best comparison I'm aware of would be Wave Breaker at SeaWorld San Antonio. It similarly has two somewhat low-speed launches and is 2,600′. It's a short ride but has a lot of elements, the type of ride that is enjoyable but not something for which I'd wait long. Stating the obvious here, but ride time for SDD will depend on the speed of the launch and whether the trains are stopped (and for how long) before a launch.

Doing the best I could estimating height from other objects in the aerial views, I estimated the largest drop at 49 feet (15 meters) which would accelerate the train 38mph from whatever speed it's going at the top of that hill (actually slightly less, because of friction, wind resistance, and that every car in the train does not reach the lowest or highest part of the track simultaneously). So figure a ~50mph top speed and probably closer to 30mph for an average. A half mile per minute over a half mile of track is a minute of ride elements. Then again, I don't really trust my own estimates here.
I've heard no stop before the first launch. A short hold before second launch.

Approx. 50 secs. ride time.

djkidkaz

Noticed that the slinky coaster was in that same place all day today. The ride vehicle is motionless on that turn. I saw workers working on it this afternoon.

I wonder if there’s an issue with it or if it’s normal to work on it while on the track.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Memorial Day Weekend 2018 is the internal projected Grand Opening.

Most are expecting a rather long AP Preview/Soft Opening prior to that. So by May 1st, people should be riding these rides.
Booooo. I'm going May 5 and now my Touring Plan will be a shambles. I'd rather 100% miss it than MAYBE miss it and have my plan go wonky.

phi2134

The pizza planet idea just needs to be dropped. Trying to armchair engineer an already weak "land" and an overused IP is like trying to put lipstick on a pig. Every time I go back to WDW I notice the decline in food quality and options. We only eat at Epcot for dinner because of their options, minus a few of the nicer restaurants in the other parks. But we also don't do the quick service meals like we used to. Why? Because the food is all starting to be the same options and taste the same everywhere. Pizza.....Burger.....Cupcakes......Nachos. I'm not expecting much from the quick service in Toy Story Land, but dreaming of a Pizza Planet when we could have something better seems like a waste of time to me. Dream Big kids!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom