Favorite food no longer sold

wendysue

There are sooo many good things gone now and much of what's left is generic (same flavor everywhere). We only eat once or twice during the week we are at WDW. Usually bring our own food or go offsite. Not complaining....it is what it is.

Sam H

The coconut almond chicken from Kona Cafe! I’ve never been able to find anything like it. Also sort of food but also an experience was the candy person in the Japan pavilion in Epcot. She was always so mesmerizing to watch!

correcaminos

There are sooo many good things gone now and much of what's left is generic (same flavor everywhere). We only eat once or twice during the week we are at WDW. Usually bring our own food or go offsite. Not complaining....it is what it is.
We were pleasantly surprised with Spice Road Table and Skipper Canteen recently. Definitely not the same old same old and quite flavorful. Of course we also love Sanaa so that says something. Otherwise I kind of agree that the rest of thee food is ho hum.

crxbrett

I miss the cinnamon buns they use to have at the original Main Street Bakery. They where huge, plate size affairs. Me and my kids use to split one and they loved getting them as a first in the morning treat.

Have you tried the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's? I tried one recently and was quite impressed! It's a beast. A monstrosity. And quite yummy I might add!

breesus

Old Flying Fish menu is definitely missed. Not just the actual food but it was one of the best values in dining. Although, I would not drink them knowing what's in fruit juices now, but as a kid I loved the fruit shaped juice drinks you could get from the open top ice filled carts in the late 70's early '80's. But if I had to pick one item, it would be the Oreo bon bons that were available on Cape May dessert bar. For years, it was by far the main reason my family ate there 2-3 times per trip.

Dizknee_Phreek

Pizza from Pasta Piazza Restorante in Future World...before they changed it to the Mickey shape. It was never as good after that. I was at least able to get the good version at Plaza Pavilion for a while, but they got rid of it/went seasonal.
Burgers from Pecos Bill. My sister always preferred Cosmic Ray's, but PB was way better.
The old Main Street Bakery with Toll House cookies.
The old restaurant outside of Mexico.
Pizza Planet (any word on if they're opening a new one in Toy Story Land?)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pizza Planet (any word on if they're opening a new one in Toy Story Land?)
PizzeRizzo opened earlier this year in the former Pizza Planet location. Menu is unchanged.

IMG_4362.JPG

jwakja

Boardwalk bakery went from great lobster rolls sandwiches to same type of menu at many of the other restaurants. Pulled Pork, Tomato-Cheese, Meatball and Turkey sandwiches. Get that anywhere. Fancy place needs fancy menu items. However the good bakery items get my vote here.

hiddenmickey75

The pork shank lasting less than three years will be a travesty I'll never forgive.

And the previous menu at Boatwright's was better across the board.

I so miss the pork shank, and I was only able to have it twice before it was removed. Dare I say I found it better than the turkey leg :jawdrop:

Dizknee_Phreek

PizzeRizzo opened earlier this year in the former Pizza Planet location. Menu is unchanged.

View attachment 232106
Yep! And I appreciate their nod to Pizza Planet on the side of the building. But I'm a big Toy Story fan. And although I love The Muppets as well, I was disappointed in the lack of thought and themeing that went into PizzeRizzo. It just seems a shame not to have a Pizza Planet in a Toy Story themed area.

mikewdw

apple pie. years ago you could get it on a lot of menus. then disappeared except for Liberty tree tavern. then left there. there are lots fo apple crumb stuff but NOT the same. couple of years ago there was kiosk next to American Adventure that had it but it was gone last year. I love it when I get it but cant find it now

TwilightZone

apple pie. years ago you could get it on a lot of menus. then disappeared except for Liberty tree tavern. then left there. there are lots fo apple crumb stuff but NOT the same. couple of years ago there was kiosk next to American Adventure that had it but it was gone last year. I love it when I get it but cant find it now
oh wow, I completely forgot that disney once sold apple pie in their parks. now that was good stuff. :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom