iPhone buyers - which one are you buying in 2017?

Which new iPhone are you planning on buying?

• iPhone 8

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • iPhone 8+

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

BalooChicago

I'm in the same boat as Monty. I have always done every other year (skipping the "s" model) and while they went from 7>8 the 8 feels like a 7s, and the X and + are too big. There was a chance I'd go with an 8, but so far I'm not convinced. Will probably be an 8s for me unless next year the X goes to eleven.

lazyboy97o

The iPhone 8 really does seem rather pointless. It seems like having something just to do something because this is when they announce a new phone even though they can't seem to be bothered to spec bump their computer line up. Apple's whole product line up and naming schemes have become bloated and unorganized. Just wanting to have the latest and greatest would have me inclined towards the iPhone X but there is nothing about it that really feels all that compelling.

I also can't believe they did the same stupid, silly random numbering that Microsoft already did with Windows and the Xbox.

5thGenTexan

I have been wondering about the $1000 tag and so looking around today. I bought my first smartphone in Dec 2014 and so my contract ended in Dec 2016. So my LG G3 is going on three years with no issues. I just found I can buy a new LG G5 on the Sprint site for $145 total price, no monthly charge or any of that nonsense. What am I missing? :)

lazyboy97o

I have been wondering about the $1000 tag and so looking around today. I bought my first smartphone in Dec 2014 and so my contract ended in Dec 2016. So my LG G3 is going on three years with no issues. I just found I can buy a new LG G5 on the Sprint site for $145 total price, no monthly charge or any of that nonsense. What am I missing? :)
The LG G6 is one better.

NYwdwfan

My 6S has been doing some interesting things lately - I'll probably trade it in for an 8 sometime soon. Verizon is offering $300 trade in value towards the 8 so I'm considering it but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger just yet.

21stamps

I just preordered a "plus" 256gb for the first time.
The camera pushed me to the decision, but I may end up exchanging for the normal 8 immediately. My issue with phablets is the inability to fit in my pockets!

I think it's weird that they've taken out the 32gb and 128gb. Last year only the 16gb disappeared, right? Which makes sense because 16gb is no where near enough, the 32 isn't much better, but a lot of people like the 128.

njDizFan

I have been waiting for the announcement for months. I am still sitting with an old iphone 6, cracked face and all. I am heavily leaning towards the X, since I really don't use a home computer, I find myself using my phone for everything including streaming. I'm not a huge fan of the little cut out on top but I'll have to see it in person to get a feel. I like the face ID, OLED, 4K and edge to edge design. Wireless charging I something that should have happened years ago. The price may be the tipping point on my decision.

21stamps

I have been waiting for the announcement for months. I am still sitting with an old iphone 6, cracked face and all. I am heavily leaning towards the X, since I really don't use a home computer, I find myself using my phone for everything including streaming. I'm not a huge fan of the little cut out on top but I'll have to see it in person to get a feel. I like the face ID, OLED, 4K and edge to edge design. Wireless charging I something that should have happened years ago. The price may be the tipping point on my decision.

I am an apple fanatic, have had every iPhone, several Macs, MacBooks, iPods, and iPads. But I can not bring myself to spend over $1000 on a phone. The 4 digits freak me out.lol.
It looks neat though!

njDizFan

I am an apple fanatic, have had every iPhone, several Macs, MacBooks, iPods, and iPads. But I can not bring myself to spend over $1000 on a phone. The 4 digits freak me out.lol.
It looks neat though!
I totally understand that, for me it's basically my laptop/tablet home device and I have not upgraded in 3 years so I am splurging on myself...lol

21stamps

I totally understand that, for me it's basically my laptop/tablet home device and I have not upgraded in 3 years so I am splurging on myself...lol

Buy it at the store and make them throw in "extras" for you!! I do this every year.. it works :)

Last year I got 2 extra chargers and 3 extra wireless ear buds, plus a 10% discount on my case and super strength screen saver... and all I bought was a regular 7.
If you're splurging on the X make sure they do something similar!

njDizFan

Buy it at the store and make them throw in "extras" for you!! I do this every year.. it works :)

Last year I got 2 extra chargers and 3 extra wireless ear buds, plus a 10% discount on my case and super strength screen saver... and all I bought was a regular 7.
If you're splurging on the X make sure they do something similar!
Wow, thanks I didn't know that was a thing! Extra wireless ear buds? Don' they go for like $100 a pop?

21stamps

Wow, thanks I didn't know that was a thing! Extra wireless ear buds? Don' they go for like $100 a pop?

I have no idea because I've never bought them. Still have 2 pair in their cases.

My exchanges typically go something like this- (Quick disclaimer.. it really hasn't been with every iPhone, only the last 3 or 4 years when a guy I work with told me that he did it lol)

"I use a lot of chargers, one at the office, one in my car, and one at home. Could you please throw in a few extra chargers?"

If they laugh- "Come on now, I'm spending $800+ on a phone every year, at least cut me a break and throw in a charger or 2."
Usually they laugh again and agree.

With the 7 I said,
"Oh I hate these new ear buds! I just know they're going to get lost. I use my ear buds often and always misplace a pair. Can you just throw in an extra pair, actually 2, I'm really scared of these. Why would Apple do this? What do you think about the new vs the old?"

We chatted about being forced to switch to the annoying new ear buds. Then SalesGuy threw in 3.

Case/Screen Saver-

"It's so annoying to buy a new case and screen saver every year. Can you give me a discount on those as well? 50%?"

At this point the salesperson is laughing more, I've never actually received more than 20% off of both, and the 20 was only once, usually it's 10%. But I try for 50% off every time.

Just be nice to your salesperson. I think they get commission from the purchase and accessories, and maybe even the warranty, so that's probably why they're willing to throw in a few extras. Last year was definitely my biggest score.lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom