Comfiest, and cutest women's shoes to wear?!

Hailie Veen

Original Poster
I'm preparing for our next WDW trip in December!
I always have trouble with my feet, so this time I'm thinking of purchasing some cute Nike's or something before the trip. What shoes work for you on those long days at the parks?

Spectro

Adidas climacool - they have got plenty of ventilation and are very lightweight and my crocs flip flops. Never had any issues with these brands in 15 years

DfromATX

I'm a sandal person. I don't like to have my feet confined in tennis shoes and socks. I agree with Crocs and you can't go wrong with Clark's sandals. My favorite pair of flip flops were Crocs and the only con I would say is they were slippery when wet. They just broke the other day so I need to get a new pair! Thanks for reminding me. :)

gawrshdanielle

Chacos sandals are my go to Disney shoes. They are waterproof and very comfortable. I've worn them rope drop to Wishes without any pain. They come in a variety of different prints and colors. You can even design your own if you want to. I bought a leather pair this year to be a little more dressy but I still love my printed pair as well.

gawrshdanielle

I also really like oofos sandals. They are soooo comfortable. They feel like I'm walking on clouds. They come in different colors as well but I will say they aren't the cutest design kinda like crocs in that aspect.

Weather_Lady

We tend to do our heavy-duty touring in the morning at rope drop, go back to the resort to relax in the afternoon, and then go back to the parks in the evening for a slower-paced tour and a sit-down dinner. In the mornings, I wear a comfortable running shoe (sneakers designed for runners have better cushioning and more breathability than cross-trainers) with moisture-wicking socks, and then for the evening I switch to a nicer-looking hiking sandal (which unlike flip-flops or Crocs, won't become dangerously slippery if it gets soaked by a downpour or a wet ride -- I brought a pair of Crocs sandals on our first Disney trip and they were great until it rained, at which point it was safer to walk barefoot then on that wildly slippery foam).

On my last trip, I wore memory-foam cushioned Skechers from the "Skech-air" line, and a pair of neutral-looking beige Teva "Tirra" sandals (photos of both below). They were perfect, and I got nary a blister despite walking miles each day. If you hate sneakers (and as another poster mentioned), Skechers has many cute slip-on sneakers that are styled more like ballet flats, Mary Janes, and loafers.

L18042732.jpg

41yRfrZuzML.jpg

Last edited:

newhorizons1

I just bought two pairs of Sperrys that I plan on taking for our next trip. They are both super comfortable and can both be worn with low cut socks.
Here's the Sayel Clew Diamond Sneaker:
upload_2017-9-17_15-51-12.jpeg

and the Sperry 7 Seas Sport
upload_2017-9-17_15-52-15.jpeg

DisneyDayDreamer

Chacos are my go to for park days. They are traditionally hiking sandals and don't make my feet feel tired or achy. Although some people don't think they're cute, they are completely customizable if you visit their website (so you can design a pair that meets your personality).

Corgi

A pair of Merrell’s sandals, or my Nike flip flops. I like to stay as cool as possible because my family goes at the hottest point of the year. But since you’ll probably want socks on your feet in December, I’d say any shoe with a soft, squishy foot bed will keep your feet comfy. That’s what works for me. :)

I am Timmy

I love fitflops - they are so comfortable and have loads of support for feet and back. They also make styles for summer and winter and everything in between - all with the same foot support. I have several pairs now, it's all I wear in the summer. I have boots for cooler weather, which I will be taking to DW in December.

slipperalwaysfits

We tend to do our heavy-duty touring in the morning at rope drop, go back to the resort to relax in the afternoon, and then go back to the parks in the evening for a slower-paced tour and a sit-down dinner. In the mornings, I wear a comfortable running shoe (sneakers designed for runners have better cushioning and more breathability than cross-trainers) with moisture-wicking socks, and then for the evening I switch to a nicer-looking hiking sandal (which unlike flip-flops or Crocs, won't become dangerously slippery if it gets soaked by a downpour or a wet ride -- I brought a pair of Crocs sandals on our first Disney trip and they were great until it rained, at which point it was safer to walk barefoot then on that wildly slippery foam).
won't become dangerously slippery if it gets soaked by a downpour or a wet ride[/QUOTE

We all want to look nice, but for most of us, Disney is about comfort over cute, especially when it comes to taking care of your feet! Like Weather Lady, I start out in tennis shoes and sometimes, especially if we have dinner at Cali Grill or BOG or somewhere else nice, I wear flip flops or my waterproof, airy Keen Sandals. The Keens are amazingly comfortable and not totally ridiculous-looking. Sometimes, it's good to switch from sneakers to give your feet a break but the sneakers offer amazing support. The keens will work through major downpours or post-downpours when certain areas of the park still have puddles! Flip flops get too slippery in downpours!

Be flexible but definitely prioritize comfort!

Rista1313

Anyone have any suggestions for sandals for someone who has plantar faciitis? I have a new pair of tennis shoes waiting to be broken in about a month before. But I would really like a sandal option as well.

ClassyCrab

Anyone have any suggestions for sandals for someone who has plantar faciitis? I have a new pair of tennis shoes waiting to be broken in about a month before. But I would really like a sandal option as well.
Vionics! I have plantar facsiitis too and tried Vionics a few years ago and now have several pairs- they are the best! I wore them everyday for week at WDW and had no issues. They are a little pricey but well worth it and hold up well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom