Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

KBLovedDisney

IMHO, eh, I say HS over AK. Not a huge Star Wars fan, but I still prefer HS over AK.
I know there are some cool attractions (and a new park side) to AK along with some good places to eat, but I feel HS is less of a headache to walk through. That and I still love the classics that exist there (and one they took away, darn them). Not to mention the restaurants like Sci-Fi and Prime Time.

disneygeek90

IMHO, eh, I say HS over AK. Not a huge Star Wars fan, but I still prefer HS over AK.
I know there are some cool attractions (and a new park side) to AK along with some good places to eat, but I feel HS is less of a headache to walk through. That and I still love the classics that exist there (and one they took away, darn them). Not to mention the restaurants like Sci-Fi and Prime Time.
Interested why you feel AK is a headache to walk through? HS currently feels like you are just walking from one dead end to another.

KBLovedDisney

Interested why you feel AK is a headache to walk through? HS currently feels like you are just walking from one dead end to another.
For some reason the past few times we went to AK, it just wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be for me. Nothing to do with the usual crowds and Florida heat.I think, for me at least, it has something to do with the flow of the parks. Like say in HS, you have this "such and such" street with these attractions/shops/etc. Whereas in AK, yes it is more of a walk-adventure type land, but at the same time it gets kind of grueling having to "find" the next attraction. Don't get me wrong though, I love the AK park, but the seek-and-find factor can somewhat get to me after awhile.

Still love the park though. It is very beautiful and very different from other Disney parks. I truly believe that is where it appeal lies. It has a more mysterious charm to it.

disneygeek90

For some reason the past few times we went to AK, it just wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be for me. Nothing to do with the usual crowds and Florida heat.I think, for me at least, it has something to do with the flow of the parks. Like say in HS, you have this "such and such" street with these attractions/shops/etc. Whereas in AK, yes it is more of a walk-adventure type land, but at the same time it gets kind of grueling having to "find" the next attraction. Don't get me wrong though, I love the AK park, but the seek and find factor can somewhat get to me after awhile.

Still love the park though. It is very beautiful and very different from other Disney parks. I truly believe that is where it appeal lies. It has a more mysterious charm to it.
The flow is probably one of the reasons it's maybe my favorite park right now, but I am local and enjoy just strolling around and seeing what street entertainment and new things I can find.

TXDisney

Granted, I haven't been to DAK since Pandora opened (I'll be there in a couple weeks, though), but based just on the posted wait times, it seems like the Na'vi River Journey is at or around an hour most of the time, right? If that's the case, getting the Flight of Passage FP is a must, and then the wait for NRJ isn't long enough to really take up the whole day or anything. I think I am basing some of this on going during one of the busiest weeks of the year whenever we would go when I was a kid, so I got used to waiting one-two hours for Space, Splash, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, etc. As an adult, going during slower times (and using FP+), I generally TRY to stay away from anything over 30 minutes.

True. But FP for FoP are few and far between. My next trip is early December and I'm already planning on having to get FP for FoP right at the 60 day mark bc of how hard it is to get FP for it. So if you don't have a FO you're looking at at least a 2hr long wait generally speaking. Even if you get there at opening it's still crowded by the time you get back there. If you don't mind waiting in lines I'd say go Ron AK for sure over HS that day, but that's not the case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom