News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

TROR

SSE is at the front of the park ;)

But I know what you mean, it's weird not having the icon be the main focal point. But then when you consider how DCA and TDS don't really have one centralized icon either, or how both Universal's icons - the globe, the archway, and the IOA lighthouse are outside the front gates. it's less weird.

Although Disney has a hard time realizing it, Carthay Circle Restaurant/Theater is DCA's icon. Once Pixar replaces Mickey's Fun Wheel, maybe they'll finally get to using CCT on more of their marketing.

rocketraccoon

Any new demolition news besides the Alien/Tarzan scenes that were earlier reported? Anything else been hauled out?
I'd be surprised if any scenes are still complete. Most (all?) animatronics were gone weeks ago.

Unless someone on the inside leaks what's happening we probably won't know. The photos of the Alien deconstruction was probably very lucky timing.

AEfx

I think that is what I said (without the yearly numbers). We were talking about the Theater, which was also shown on promotions, but, was never considered the official Park Icon, nor was the BAH. We will call that the era of indecision on the part of company executives and also highlights the insignificance of making any single item an Icon unless it is what greets you as you walk into the park or what the park was build around. We as "guests" decide, for ourselves, which item that brings us the most significant memory and representation. Personally, I think, that with the inclusion of Mickey in the Theater, that will become the Icon. It encompasses all of Disney with the corporate Icon that started it all.

Eh, I think Disney was pretty clear that unfortunately the BAH was indeed the park icon.

51bGU-Ts74L._SX255_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Please tell me they're re-purposing all of them somehow? The thought of losing such a giant cast of AAs is killing me.

I certainly hope they can re-use The Wicked Witch since that was a full articulated AA with great motion. But the rest? Ripley only turned her head. Tarzan was a mannequin on a stick. The rest had limited motion with just one or two joints moving and really old and dated facial expressions.

Let's not think anywhere near the majority of AAs in this attraction are suitable for a new, state of the art attraction. After a few decades, servos and pistons and whatevers are no longer serviceable. A good portion will be trashed. At least, I hope so, since what was there is barely usable as a store-front mannequin.

AEfx

Yes, I think this thread needs to get back on topic.

Maybe it's time to wrap up the thread then?

The discussion came from a few pages ago regarding the GMR being an icon or not, and what the icon really was.

Aside from a few pics of where the stuff inside has ended up, it's been "off-topic" for a good 50 pages now. Everything from SWL, to if Main Street USA is "American" or not and everything in between.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom