Recipe???

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You can't really go wrong with a Danish, made from of butter and cream cheese, that is deep fried.

Absolutely worth all the gunk it leaves in the arteries.

What's the matter--you want to live forever??

Paula Dean would be so proud of you.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm so glad this thread popped up - I didn't even know it existed

I apologize if this has been posted before (not going to read all 105 pages), but does anyone have a recipe for the bread pudding served at Raglan Road? I have recipes for making the caramel sauce, but need the recipe for the bread itself.

Thanks!

jme

I'm so glad this thread popped up - I didn't even know it existed

I apologize if this has been posted before (not going to read all 105 pages), but does anyone have a recipe for the bread pudding served at Raglan Road? I have recipes for making the caramel sauce, but need the recipe for the bread itself.

Thanks!

Yes, from page 39. (You can use the search feature at the top of the page and select "Search this thread only")

Raglan Road Irish Pub's Bread and Butter Pudding
Yield: 4 servings.

12 slices medium-sliced white bread

3 ounces salted butter, at room temp

2 ounces raisins

1/2 pint cream

1/2 pint milk

4 egg yolks

3 ounces super-fine sugar

Sauce of choice for serving

1. Butter ovenproof dish. Remove crusts from bread; butter on both sides and cut into quarters. Arrange layers of bread in triangles (overlapping slightly) in bottom of dish, scatter raisins on top. Cover with another layer. You should have some bread pieces leftover to use in Step 4. Press down gently with spatula.

2. To make custard, heat cream and milk in pot until it almost comes to boil. Remove from heat.

3. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in large heatproof bowl set over pan of simmering water until thick and whisk leaves a trail in mixture. Remove from heat and beat in cream mixture. Pour 2/3 of the custard over layered bread. Let stand 30 minutes or until bread has soaked up custard.

4. Heat oven to 350 F. Pour remaining custard over soaked bread and arrange remaining bread slices on top. Press down gently with spatula so that custard comes halfway up bread slices. Bake 30 minutes until custard is just set and top is golden brown. Serve immediately with sauces of choice.

Recipe note: A custard or butterscotch sauce works well.

found in the Orlando Sentinal.

tigsmom

So late to the party here.

Index?

Can you link that please for us Johnny come latelies?

The index is very out of date. I cannot participate as much as I did in the past. If anyone wants to take on the task of re doing the Index please feel free and I'm sure an administrator will let you add a new one and delete the old if need be. Thanks!
I check in when I can, but life has changed and I just can't keep up anymore

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The index is very out of date. I cannot participate as much as I did in the past. If anyone wants to take on the task of re doing the Index please feel free and I'm sure an administrator will let you add a new one and delete the old if need be. Thanks!
I check in when I can, but life has changed and I just can't keep up anymore
so understand. thanks.

John park hopper

My wife and I ate at Jiko and had the butternut squash curry soup which was fantastic. Have tried to find the recipe no luck. At home we grow buternut squash and looking for new ways to serve it.

Last edited:

mf1972

IMG_0669.JPG
i recently found this at bed, bath, & beyond. i've read it's pretty much close to what WDW uses for their waffles. it was cheaper here than it was on amazon. my apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Beacon Joe

Some of Trader Sam's drinks use their "Gorilla Grog" as a mixer. I have not found an official recipe, but this comes really close (courtesy of a thread at Tikiroom - http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45752&forum=10)

3 oz Pass-o-Guava juice
1 oz pineapple juice
2 oz lemon juice
1/4 oz orgeat
1/4 oz falernum

Lemon juice notes:
Mix all other ingredients and incrementally add 1/4 oz of lemon juice and adjust to taste. I find 2 oz of fresh lemon juice a bit much.

Orgeat & Falernum notes:
I do know that Trader Sam's uses BG Reynolds' falernum. I assume that they also use BG Reynolds' orgeat, though I am partial to Liber & Co. as I prefer it for my mai tais, volcano bowls, and fog cutters. Whatever you do, do not use Torani which is far too sweet and contains no almonds.

Pass-o-Guava notes:
For simplicity's sake, I usually use Hawaiian Sun brand POG juice which is periodically available for a good price on Amazon (you need to dig through all sellers because some charge ridiculous prices for it. When Amazon stocks it, it's reasonable).

When mixing my own POG, I tend to go with a 2:1:2 ratio of passionfruit : orange : guava which to me tastes more like the pass-o-guava from my youth and also tastes and looks more like the POG they keep on tap in the Kamehameha Club and Animal Kingdom concierge lounges.

Beacon Joe

No need for the orgeat, it's not in there.

Hmmm... might you possibly have the real recipe? Or a recipe that's closer to the real recipe?

I mix a lot of Schweitzer Falls for the kids and would be more than happy to present them with a version that is closer to Trader Sams'.

kkocka

Hmmm... might you possibly have the real recipe? Or a recipe that's closer to the real recipe?

I've contributed on that Tiki Central thread because I was once obsessed w/Sam's cocktails - now that I know there's better stuff out there, I've mostly backed away or done my own tribute recipe variations. I have a Krakatoa Punch riff that I make which calls for Gorilla Grog, though split up. When I need a very small batch of my Grog I do:

4 oz POG
4 oz Pineapple
1 oz Lemon
1 oz Falernum

This'll give me enough for my test drinks, or just by itself if I wanna drink that. Though honestly, for the kids, there's so much syrup and juice that no matter how you make it it'll probably pass.

wdwnat

Does anyone happen to have a recipe for either the Asian Noodle (cold) salad from Bradley Falls kiosk at Animal Kingdom, or the Asian Noodle Salad from Sunshine Seasons in Epcot?
Had both on this trip and fell in love. I suppose it's mostly the recipe for the sauce/dressing that's needed as the other ingredients are mainly noodles and mixed veggies.
Or do you have a recipe that's similar taste wise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom