Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria Questions

I have never eaten here before but would love to. Is the pizza very gourmet? I have a dominos only kid that has turned their nose up to brick oven before!!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Via Napoli's idea of an individual pizza is different from the average. They are small and the people go there for the burnt crusts. If you want better pizza - then Blaze pizza in Disney Springs and Wolfgang Pucks place by the bowling alley are vastly cheaper, much bigger and taste better in our opinion.

The individual pizza is a 10" - that's bigger than most pizza delivery companies. And the pizza is thin crust (as all true Italian pizza is) and cooked in a wood fire oven at screaming hot temperatures, as all good pizza should be.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I have never eaten here before but would love to. Is the pizza very gourmet? I have a dominos only kid that has turned their nose up to brick oven before!!!!

The pizza can be as simple as you want it (traditional Margarita) or as fancy as you want it. You can add whatever toppings you want, also. They have several different pizzas, including white. My daughter loves the prosciutto and melon. I like the base Margarita individual pizza with artichokes, olives and mushrooms. I'm a "there's no such thing as too much garlic" person, so our server brought me some fresh garlic infused olive oil to drizzle over my pizza - wow! I completely consume a 10" individual pizza - not even a piece of crust is left.

One of these days I'm going to order the meatballs, instead of pizza - they are huge - the serving is just 2 - and look amazing.

I've not had a bad meal or service.

BuddyThomas

It the trendy places are really good there is no chance... This is the most overrated place at Disney... Loud... Slow service... Where is Buddy Thomas with the picture of his pizza... One piece has no toppings...A couple had a couple... Some had a bunch... It was pathetic...Shows a total lack of care and quality control....
Oh geez. Okay, well, I guess for like the 10,000th time, here is the pie we had at Via Napoli.
Napoli.JPG

Note the following:

Toppings. Chopped tomato and mushroom. Check out those "chopped tomatoes" (I think they have recently removed "chopped" from the tomato description.)

Notice the slices that are tomato city and the ones that have little to none. There is one slice that has one tiny tomato and one piece of mushroom. I'm not gonna lie. It was really, really gross and flavorless. We asked for extra sauce to do anything to tart this thing up, and our waitress smiled at us and ran away and was never heard from again.

Well, maybe we're spoiled because this is the kind of pizza we usually eat:

salvatores.JPG

Now, after posting this on every Via Napoli thread for a long time, I started to wonder if it was just me. So I looked up some other Via Napoli pies online...because clearly I have too much time on my hands.

Below is what appears to be a pepperoni pizza, which doesn't necessarily look terrible on first glance, until you realize that if you're the sucker who gets that slice on the lower left, you're having cheese pizza, not pepperoni pizza. And I mean, the toppings are pretty sparse in general on all the slices.
Pepperoni.jpg

And what about this one, below. I'm guessing this is possibly eggplant (or mushroom) and artichoke? Not my first choice of pizza toppings, but if you have to have it, must all the toppings be dumped unceremoniously in the center of the pie? And the crust looks wayyyyy undercooked.

What the hell pizza.png

Annnyway, if you like it, you like it. Keep enjoying. But I personally just don't know what all the fuss is about.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh geez. Okay, well, I guess for like the 10,000th time, here is the pie we had at Via Napoli.
View attachment 224289
Note the following:

Toppings. Chopped tomato and mushroom. Check out those "chopped tomatoes" (I think they have recently removed "chopped" from the tomato description.)

Notice the slices that are tomato city and the ones that have little to none. There is one slice that has one tiny tomato and one piece of mushroom. I'm not gonna lie. It was really, really gross and flavorless. We asked for extra sauce to do anything to tart this thing up, and our waitress smiled at us and ran away and was never heard from again.

View attachment 224291

Now, after posting this on every Via Napoli thread for a long time, I started to wonder if it was just me. So I looked up some other Via Napoli pies online...because clearly I have too much time on my hands.

Below is what appears to be a pepperoni pizza, which doesn't necessarily look terrible on first glance, until you realize that if you're the sucker who gets that slice on the lower left, you're having cheese pizza, not pepperoni pizza. And I mean, the toppings are pretty sparse in general on all the slices.
View attachment 224292

And what about this one, below. I'm guessing this is possibly eggplant (or mushroom) and artichoke? Not my first choice of pizza toppings, but if you have to have it, must all the toppings be dumped unceremoniously in the center of the pie? And the crust looks wayyyyy undercooked.

View attachment 224293

Annnyway, if you like it, you like it. Keep enjoying. But I personally just don't know what all the fuss is about.

Wow, just wow. I agree..and those pies never should have been served to a customer. I would have sent it back and demanded a new one, even if I had to walk up to one of the ovens and cook it myself.

We've never had a pie that ever looked like that. But we'll still go. Hopefully, that chef has returned to Italy.

Last edited:

Minnie1986

Yes you can get the larger pizzas it will be 2 credits for a large (not per person but 2 adults credits total) , and 4 credits (4 persons credits total) gets you the Big 1 meter pizza. Then each person gets a drink and a desert. Basically you pool the tables credits together to get a larger pizza.
Now the individual pizza is not small that's also included with 1 credit per person, it's about the size of a medium pizza and has 4 huge slices. If you go that route it's plenty of pizza for one person even a big eater and y'all could try 4 different pizzas and share. You'd get a lot more pizza that way than a regular large pizza. We usually just pay VN out of pocket most times being it's a cheaper option. ;)
I'm going in September and getting pizza/salads, and will be paying out of pocket. Logistically, (to me anyway) it makes more sense to save the TS credit for a more expensive restaurant. The sizes of the pizza are more than decent.

Minnie1986

Exactly! Lol. Or New York/Jersey style I constantly see comparisons to that style! People it's not supposed to be like any kind in the US it's in it's own Catagory! New York style is delicious too but you can't compare to that. If I had a quarter for every time someone said it's not like our pizza at home etc i could fund my Disney visits for life. It's not supposed to be! Lol Okay rant over! :banghead::joyfull:
The last time I was at VN, a family threw a fit for this very reason. I couldn't help but LOL.

Minnie1986

View attachment 224289
Note the following:

View attachment 224291

View attachment 224292

View attachment 224293

Wow. I definitely would say something about any of those pies. I'm actually shocked, because the last time I went, there was actually an over abundance of sausage. I'll make sure to take pics when I go next month and post them.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm going in September and getting pizza/salads, and will be paying out of pocket. Logistically, (to me anyway) it makes more sense to save the TS credit for a more expensive restaurant. The sizes of the pizza are more than decent.

Agree! We usually pay OOP at Via Napoli. And had to LOL too at your post at someone making a fit about the pizza not being up to par! I would of been doing the same. ;)

DfromATX

View attachment 224289
Note the following:

View attachment 224291

View attachment 224292

View attachment 224293

We've eaten there also and it was just ok. I found the pizza to be kind of limp and soggy. It wasn't bad enough to complain and we ate it all, but we probably won't eat there again.

sxeensweet

We've eaten there also and it was just ok. I found the pizza to be kind of limp and soggy. It wasn't bad enough to complain and we ate it all, but we probably won't eat there again.

That's not usual to be soggy but crust is very thin so can be on the more limp side being it's not a hard crispy crust, but soggy is not Normal and we have eaten there a lot. I can't stand soggy pizza. Sorry that was your experience. :(

DfromATX

That's not usual to be soggy but crust is very thin so can be on the more limp side being it's not a hard crispy crust, but soggy is not Normal and we have eaten there a lot. I can't stand soggy pizza. Sorry that was your experience. :(

Maybe I am just used to places like Pappa John's or Gattis?? I do prefer thin crispy crust. It was a festive atmosphere and we still had a good time.

sxeensweet

Maybe I am just used to places like Pappa John's or Gattis?? I do prefer thin crispy crust. It was a festive atmosphere and we still had a good time.
Glad you still enjoyed it in some ways. And Yes their pizza is not supposed to be like the chain pizzas at all. We love Papa John's for what it is, but Via Napoli is more of an authentic neopolitan pizza from Italy. Softer non crispy thinner wood fire pizza. The dough is more supposed to be like thin bread not like a crispy cracker type crust that some types of thin crust pizzas are. ;)

Minnie1986

A great pie from a recent NYC weekend:

View attachment 228794

A recent pie from Via Napoli:

View attachment 228795

I'm sorry - are they serious?

Someone splatted a handful of toppings onto this thing and that was it. Hopefully the person who gets the slice on the lower left hates pepperoni.
A- yet another reason to love my hometown of NYC
B- That Via Napoli pizza would've gone right back

Hockey89

A great pie from a recent NYC weekend:

View attachment 228794

A recent pie from Via Napoli:

View attachment 228795

I'm sorry - are they serious?

Someone splatted a handful of toppings onto this thing and that was it. Hopefully the person who gets the slice on the lower left hates pepperoni.
Quality control sucks there... Service was terrible.... Its wicked loud and our dough was so undercooked... Most overrated pizza place in the country.... I wouldn't go back for free... Not worth the calories.

larandtra

I eat at VN a ton and have never had any of the food quality issues. And as someone who lived in Italy I tend to laugh at NYC people thinking "their" pizza is the best. While VN may not be an exact duplicate of Italy, its closer than the over greased limp crust pizzas Ive had in NYC. Even my Italian friends are ashamed of some of the crap New Yorkers call Pizza. And its supposedly made by Italians. So I can pretty much understand and agree that its laughable to say well its not like what I get at home. Its not supposed to be. maybe you went on a bad day. Every restaurant has them. But, after having been to VN 20+ times, Ive never had that issue. I think there are far worse restaurants on the property and even in WS.

BuddyThomas

I eat at VN a ton and have never had any of the food quality issues. And as someone who lived in Italy I tend to laugh at NYC people thinking "their" pizza is the best. While VN may not be an exact duplicate of Italy, its closer than the over greased limp crust pizzas Ive had in NYC. Even my Italian friends are ashamed of some of the crap New Yorkers call Pizza. And its supposedly made by Italians. So I can pretty much understand and agree that its laughable to say well its not like what I get at home. Its not supposed to be. maybe you went on a bad day. Every restaurant has them. But, after having been to VN 20+ times, Ive never had that issue. I think there are far worse restaurants on the property and even in WS.
Clearly, you're not eating at the right pizzerias in NYC. If you want some suggestions, let me know. ;)

Hockey89

The pizza sucks at VN... Wouldn't go if you paid me....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom