Hurricane Irma Cams and Still Shots

21stamps

Original Poster
Monroe County is closed until further notice, no one even knows how their homes or businesses are doing. Is any media reporting on the Keys?

IMG_4235.jpg

21stamps

Original Poster
The guy at the gas station made a video of some of the damage in Islamorada. They chose to stay to ensure people could get fuel on the way out and now the help that's coming in. That's incredibly selfless.

These people need to stop driving on the bridges though! County officials have put out multiple notices, yet still people are driving.

Here's a few other photos from a storm chaser on Twitter, Sugarloaf Key.

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg IMG_4247.jpg

21stamps

Original Poster
Has anything heard anything about the Key Deer?

I've been searching and haven't found any thing. There's still islands that don't have pics or reports. I know Marco Rubio flew in a littler earlier.. hopefully we will hear something about all of the islands soon!

IMG_4292.jpg IMG_4289.jpg IMG_4287.jpg IMG_4286.jpg IMG_4284.jpg IMG_4282.jpg

mousehockey37

Frustrations from people who are denied entry into the Keys.. some of them are being unreasonable.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article172618031.html

I'm sure there's gonna be plenty more where this came from. People need to realize that they were evacuated for a reason. They're not being allowed back for a reason. It's not just because the authorities want to be a pain about it, obviously there's dangers and such that are going to prevent people from safely returning home.

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm sure there's gonna be plenty more where this came from. People need to realize that they were evacuated for a reason. They're not being allowed back for a reason. It's not just because the authorities want to be a pain about it, obviously there's dangers and such that are going to prevent people from safely returning home.

I agree. Everyone's just worried about the lack of communications available. I think we'll hear more tonight and it may calm people down.

I can't imagine not hearing from my family in 24hrs after a Cat 4 storm hit and not being able to get to where they are. There was rumors that the people who are there now may be evacuated, but I don't see how that would be possible. I don't think you can physically force people to leave.

mousehockey37

I agree. Everyone's just worried about the lack of communications available. I think we'll hear more tonight and it may calm people down.

I can't imagine not hearing from my family in 24hrs after a Cat 4 storm hit and not being able to get to where they are. There was rumors that the people who are there now may be evacuated, but I don't see how that would be possible. I don't think you can physically force people to leave.

This happens with any and all storms though. Comm goes down. If people don't want to go, you have them sign a waiver that they acknowledge they're own their own and they (or their families) can't pursue any legal action due to their declining to leave amid grave danger. It's a grim outlook on it, but some people just aren't gonna go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom