News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20170903_140424.jpg
TGMR had it's signage taken down relatively quickly...UoE not so much....like pouring salt into the open wound of an Epcot Purist/Fan

michmousefan

View attachment 226413 TGMR had it's signage taken down relatively quickly...UoE not so much....like pouring salt into the open wound of an Epcot Purist/Fan
A bit surprised that walls and concept art are not up by now. I know there is a copy of the concept art in the Epcot 35 gallery... but maybe the real reason walls, etc. aren't up yet is that they will be there for the next what, three-four years?

rocketraccoon

A bit surprised that walls and concept art are not up by now. I know there is a copy of the concept art in the Epcot 35 gallery... but maybe the real reason walls, etc. aren't up yet is that they will be there for the next what, three-four years?

Until they start working on the exterior I imagine walls don't really need to be up. GMR got walled up quickly since all they had to do was cover up a single entrance and lock some doors. Depending on how far out they go it could disrupt the flow to Wonders of Life during festivals, plus there's some backstage entrances and a hardly used entrance to Innoventions back there. The UoE exit is honestly nice to relax at though, it's not blocked off yet and nobody is ever down there.

JEANYLASER

Marni1971, Do you know anything about the new name for the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction! Disney didn't say anything about it! Do you know any rumors of the name for the Guardians of the Galaxy? Thanks! :confused:

raymusiccity

Until they start working on the exterior I imagine walls don't really need to be up. GMR got walled up quickly since all they had to do was cover up a single entrance and lock some doors. Depending on how far out they go it could disrupt the flow to Wonders of Life during festivals, plus there's some backstage entrances and a hardly used entrance to Innoventions back there. The UoE exit is honestly nice to relax at though, it's not blocked off yet and nobody is ever down there.

That's the funniest concern that I've seen in awhile. There must be some great analogies waiting out there, but, I don't think we'll ever see a 'flow to Wonders of Life' ! :p

No Name

Could we see a story scenario where the ride takes us to the edge of the known universe with the Guardians characters? A mixture of real life and sci-fi?

I'm hoping for some kind of a mix like that. Although the specific idea you say wouldn't be my favorite, since its kind of treading on Mission Space's ground.

I really do think energy will still be main real-life focus, if there is one at all.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I really do think energy will still be main real-life focus, if there is one at all.
Sorry, but I do NOT want to be preached at by a make-believe bio-engineered racoon with homicidal tendencies, his tree-like buddy with the limited vocabulary, the socially awkward son of an intergalactic egomaniac, his green-skinned girlfriend, their incredibly literal Hulk-wanna-be, or their new touchy-feely friend with the glowing antennae.

No Name

Sorry, but I do NOT want to be preached at by a make-believe bio-engineered racoon with homicidal tendencies, his tree-like buddy with the limited vocabulary, the socially awkward son of an intergalactic egomaniac, his green-skinned girlfriend, their incredibly literal Hulk-wanna-be, or their new touchy-feely friend with the glowing antennae.

Huh? I'm thoroughly confused.

So you'd rather the ride go flat-out against of the park's theme than make any attempt to fit?
And name me a single attraction that's preachy. Educational is totally different than preachy.

Epcot82Guy

I really hope they ditch the energy theme based on what we've seen recently. I would much prefer a nod to science fiction and its impact on innovation and science fact. I think about the popularity of Cons and what not. People really like to understand behind the scenes on these. I could totally get behind a pavilion dedicated to how real world science and ideals translate into science fiction. Honestly, that feels way more "EPCOT" to me. Take something real (science fiction) and celebrate it for what it is. You could easily set the stage in the pre-show room and then enter the world of Guardians. And, you could easily tie in energy - or anything else, frankly - as the sub plot.

Honestly, the beginning of Horizons explored this topic in a very successful way, and it worked well for the park and its general mission. And, it gives the attraction longer legs. Guardians may fall out of vogue. But, I highly doubt the idea or genre of science fiction ever will. So, you update the pavilion to bring in some new IP in 10 years vs. having to lose the concept altogether.

Wishful thinking, I know...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Huh? I'm thoroughly confused.
I can't help you there.
So you'd rather the ride go flat-out against of the park's theme than make any attempt to fit?
Epcot, as we once knew it, is already dead.
And name me a single attraction that's preachy.
Food Rocks was preachy. UoE was preachy. WoL was preachy.
The only thing I want GotG's new ride to teach me is some unique aspects of physics and gravity I haven't yet experienced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom