Disney Wedding Question

mickeyandkrunch

Original Poster
To start I have been a troll on these boards for years but always been scared to reply. I just need some help. Thanks in advance for your time.

So my wife has a co-worker that is getting married on Sat at the Wedding Pavilion. They are HUGE Disney fans. The couple, "drank the Disney cool-aide" and spent over 50K for this event. Now with Hurricane Irma heading our way Disney said she is screwed. Disney won't allow her to reschedule or for-fit a deposit. Disney said the wedding has to continue or she loses all her money. Is this wrong??

Disney did tell them that they won't be charged for the guest that don't show up but the wedding must go on. I know that the bride is already heartbroken that people have cancelled, myself included. I just don't understand why they won't work with her to change the date. Thoughts??

Bolt

To start I have been a troll on these boards for years but always been scared to reply. I just need some help. Thanks in advance for your time.

So my wife has a co-worker that is getting married on Sat at the Wedding Pavilion. They are HUGE Disney fans. The couple, "drank the Disney cool-aide" and spent over 50K for this event. Now with Hurricane Irma heading our way Disney said she is screwed. Disney won't allow her to reschedule or for-fit a deposit. Disney said the wedding has to continue or she loses all her money. Is this wrong??

Disney did tell them that they won't be charged for the guest that don't show up but the wedding must go on. I know that the bride is already heartbroken that people have cancelled, myself included. I just don't understand why they won't work with her to change the date. Thoughts??
Pretty sure this is very inaccurate. I assume the conversation went more like this: 'You can't cancel yet as no hurricane warning has been declared for Central Florida yet. Similar to other Disney cancellation policies, once a warning has been issued by the state, cancellations are waived'

Basically - they can't cancel their wedding yet because magically the storm could turn 90 degrees and miss the state completely.

Just my guess.

drizgirl

Nope she has been calling everyday and this afternoon. They will not work with her.
I know the situation stinks, but I can see why they wouldn't do anything without knowing for sure if the hurricane is even going to hit Orlando. It's the nature of hurricanes, and a risk of scheduling something like this during the height of hurricane season.

Bolt

Nope she has been calling everyday and this afternoon. They will not work with her.
Like I said before, no hurricane warning has been issued. And you seriously think Disney will force her to have a wedding in a hurricane? Like, you actually imagine them setting up chairs in 100mph wind and still having it?

freckling

Like I said before, no hurricane warning has been issued. And you seriously think Disney will force her to have a wedding in a hurricane? Like, you actually imagine them setting up chairs in 100mph wind and still having it?

Setting up chairs in 100mph wind? Need to be more bold - the couple can hold hands and fly off together at 160mph

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom