Tomorrowland is perpetually troubled. So why is it so popular?

Why is Tomorrowland both troubled and popular?

• It's not crowded! It's called a bottleneck, Bozo!

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Thrill rides, mostly Space Mountain.

Votes: 42 58.3%
  • We're all crazy, Tomorrowland is actually amazingly done!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • It's the first land on the right, just the way the traffic flows

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It's interesting too, because if I'm not mis-remembering this, I swore I saw different card designs next to the machine where they printed mine out. I was all prepared to choose, when the lady just handed me the generic one.

mickEblu

Anyway this is precisely the reason I'm hesitant to buy Star Wars merch for my brother in law who is a HUGE Star Wars fan. I'm just a casual fan. 90% of the time he's telling me some back story that he found out on Rebels or some other show and I just nod my head and try to appear interested.

So when I get him that R2D2 alarm clock for Christmas, I'm thinking am I being like (insert random family member) buying me another Mickey Mouse item?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Anyway this is precisely the reason I'm hesitant to buy Star Wars merch for my brother in law who is a HUGE Star Wars fan. I'm just a casual fan. 90% of the time he's telling me some back story that he found out on Rebels or some other show and I just nod my head and try to appear interested.

So when I get him that R2D2 alarm clock for Christmas, I'm thinking am I being like (insert random family member) buying me another Mickey Mouse item?
I learned that I have to give my family specifics if they're going to indulge in Disney merch for me. Either Epcot-related or vintage. Current merch holds no interest for me, but like you, if I tell them I like Disney stuff, that's exactly the kind of stuff they'd get.

Curious Constance

I've learned I'm a fair weather nerd. I enjoy watching Star Wars as much as the next person, but when my son goes on and on about Darth Maul's brother and the backstory of the family, I fall asleep with my eyes open.

Curious Constance

I learned that I have to give my family specifics if they're going to indulge in Disney merch for me. Either Epcot-related or vintage. Current merch holds no interest for me, but like you, if I tell them I like Disney stuff, that's exactly the kind of stuff they'd get.

My brother and sister in law keep getting me generic Disney stuff for Christmas, and I'm like, "Oh great! Thanks!" hahahaha

I'm so picky and limited in what i actually care about owning, it'd be impossible for them to pick something on their own.

westie

Quick backstory. We were married in DLR. Honeymooned in WDW. Did a Disney Cruise and came home with a little souvenir. Holidays are horrible because we get soo much Disney swag. We end up donating a lot to charity.

Curious Constance

Darth Maul's brother?

Yes, Savage Opress. But you don't say savage like a savage beast, you say it like he's french. When my son was about three he used to tell everyone in the family that Darth Maul has a brother like it was the most amazing thing you'd ever heard.

See the family resemblance?

3728560-6668829597-9667d.jpg

mickEblu

I've learned I'm a fair weather nerd. I enjoy watching Star Wars as much as the next person, but when my son goes on and on about Darth Maul's brother and the backstory of the family, I fall asleep with my eyes open.

LOL. Or how about when they show you the cover of a comic with no explanation as if you're apparently looking at something earth shattering and you have no idea how to react. However, being intuitive i let out an excited gasp at the Storm trooper on the cover with an apparent new weapon or light saber.

Curious Constance

LOL. Or how about when they show you the cover of a comic with no explanation as if you're apparently looking at something earth shattering and you have no idea how to react. However, being intuitive i let out an excited gasp at the Storm trooper on the cover with an apparent new weapon or light saber.

LOL dude this happens daily in my house.

Although he's started catching on that I try and fake excitement. A couple times I gasped and said "WOW!" and he's like, "Mom, you don't know what I'm talking about do you?" And then asks me to prove I know what he's referring to LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom