Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpAllNight

I don't have any inside info but I think I'd be surprised if Epcot didn't see some form of announcement next month for the D23 event. Maybe I'm just being optimistic...

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
The second pavilion I don't think is developed enough yet to have any attraction details.
The possible third one however...

Oh, the purists are going to love Moana in World Showcase

EDIT: not serious

Last edited:

Bocabear

If it was a Pacific Rim,Islands pavilion all fleshed out with a Moana attraction that is relevant to the showcase theme, then that wuld not be the worst thing...It's when they make no sense whatsoever that I have a problem....Moana is based on an actual myth of the creation of the islands...features lots of cultural references and art...VS Cinderella or Rapunzel that are just fairy tales...
but Moana would be preferable in the Animal Kingdom....
or Adventureland

DisneyFan18

If it was a Pacific Rim,Islands pavilion all fleshed out with a Moana attraction that is relevant to the showcase theme, then that wuld not be the worst thing...It's when they make no sense whatsoever that I have a problem....Moana is based on an actual myth of the creation of the islands...features lots of cultural references and art...VS Cinderella or Rapunzel that are just fairy tales...
but Moana would be preferable in the Animal Kingdom....
or Adventureland
Probably we're getting Moana in place of the Tiki Room

Bocabear

As much as I want all the pavilions to have attractions I will take a new one without an attraction over a no new pavilions. Also with France and UK getting new attractions just because it doesn't open with a new attraction doesn't mean it will never have one. This is all very exciting stuff.
no, it really DOES mean it will never have one... Phase 2 plans rarely ever happen... If it ever does get an attraction it will be so far down the road we may never see it... I would prefer them not build a new pavilion until they have a comprehensive plan that includes an attraction, rather than a chep Brasil themed gift shop and QS location...that would just be pathetic...and kind of insulting to the country they are representing....

Jrn14

I don't mind the countries without attractions. If the pavilion was immersive, architecturally impressive, had good food, unique merchandise and some good street entertainment I feel like it would be a win. :shrugs: of course I would prefer a brand new well themed Brazil E-ticket but we haven't had a new pavilion since what? the 1980s so I will take a representation of South America in the world showcase thanks even if it's rideless... for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom