News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

MOXOMUMD

Shame Disney doesn't own Adventure Time or we could get another space princess...

qlukvYQ.png
"Oh oh Lumpy Space Princess" :joyfull:

ssreward

No problem with anyone who can keep it together. People on vacation (aka tourists) are already a bit of a step down from their everyday thought processes and inhibitions. Add alcohol to that and your edutainment park becomes the one with the lowest functioning IQs.
I still call that edutainment - you get educated about what not to do while drinking & I don't know how anyone can say it's not entertaining as all get out watching idiot drunks, lol! ;) I'm usually disappointed to never see as many "hold my beer" shenanigans at Epcot as I'd like - even on weekend evenings @ F&W (which is supposedly a bacchanal per some)

trainplane3

It should be open in just under two years. It's not a difficult project and will partly reuse the unused second corporate lounge.
That doesn't surprise me too much. They just need a foundation that won't sink and the necessary power, water, and gas hook ups. No ride system.

Also, unused corporate lounge? I only knew of the one that overlooked the queue. Is the unused part on the first floor? Can you see it from anywhere in the ride building?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That doesn't surprise me too much. They just need a foundation that won't sink and the necessary power, water, and gas hook ups. No ride system.

Also, unused corporate lounge? I only knew of the one that overlooked the queue. Is the unused part on the first floor? Can you see it from anywhere in the ride building?
The unused lounge is between Space and Test Track. It's not part of the ride building and is visible from the Space overflow queue - a set of covered windows and a set of doors in a curved wall.

Inside is open plan and has an elevator, mezzanine and staircase (with no railings) but no floor or wall finishes. Plain concrete.

P_Radden

The unused lounge is between Space and Test Track. It's not part of the ride building and is visible from the Space overflow queue - a set of covered windows and a set of doors in a curved wall.

Inside is open plan and has an elevator, mezzanine and staircase (with no railings) but no floor or wall finishes. Plain concrete.
Have you ever seen the plan or concept for the original lounge in this space? I've seen inside there once and it is as you said, plain concrete. Always been curious to how it would have looked. Also, I wonder why the building was built and connected to M:S but never fit up?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Have you ever seen the plan or concept for the original lounge in this space? I've seen inside there once and it is as you said, plain concrete. Always been curious to how it would have looked. Also, I wonder why the building was built and connected to M:S but never fit up?
I don't know the designs but would hazard it was designed for Compaq but mothballed by HP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom