Universal holiday offerings and Seasonal Pass blockout

Rob562

Original Poster
I've been trying to get an answer from Universal Guest Services, but haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know if the nights where Mannheim Steamroller is playing at the Studios, is that considered a "concert night" for Seasonal Passholders? (And thus the passholder is blocked out from the Studios and can only go into IOA?)

Since Universal tickets all expire after 7 days, and we need tickets that will be good over an 8 or 9 day stretch in mid-November, we were going to go with Seasonal passes. But now that may throw a wrench in the works if we're blocked from one of the parks on our last full day...

-Rob

Rob562

Original Poster
Aaaaand I'll come in and answer my own question, since I finally heard back from Universal.... The Mannheim Steamroller days are considered concert days, and thus a Seasonal AP will be blocked out of the Studios.

Now to talk to my group and figure out if we're OK with IOA only that day, or to pay the extra ~$60 to upgrade to the next level of AP.

-Rob

AndrewsJ

Aaaaand I'll come in and answer my own question, since I finally heard back from Universal.... The Mannheim Steamroller days are considered concert days, and thus a Seasonal AP will be blocked out of the Studios.

Now to talk to my group and figure out if we're OK with IOA only that day, or to pay the extra ~$60 to upgrade to the next level of AP.

-Rob
Good info to know. I thought maybe those days were concert days but really had no idea.

SSH

Aaaaand I'll come in and answer my own question, since I finally heard back from Universal.... The Mannheim Steamroller days are considered concert days, and thus a Seasonal AP will be blocked out of the Studios.-Rob

Did Uni Customer Service happen to mention whether Grinchmas in IOA was restricted as well? That would really be a bummer - both parks would be closed off to seasonal passholders every weekend.

The orlando informer implies that it is - but not sure how accurate they are. I'm going to contact Universal, but just wondering if they already told you?

PURCHASING ANNUAL EVENT TICKETS "And since we’re talking about annual events, let’s just take a moment to point out that the Seasonal Pass’s blackout dates interfere with a few of the ones that don’t require a special ticket – chiefly, Grinchmas and the Mardi Gras concerts that always prove to be so popular."

Rob562

Original Poster
Did Uni Customer Service happen to mention whether Grinchmas in IOA was restricted as well? That would really be a bummer - both parks would be closed off to seasonal passholders every weekend.

The orlando informer implies that it is - but not sure how accurate they are. I'm going to contact Universal, but just wondering if they already told you?

PURCHASING ANNUAL EVENT TICKETS "And since we’re talking about annual events, let’s just take a moment to point out that the Seasonal Pass’s blackout dates interfere with a few of the ones that don’t require a special ticket – chiefly, Grinchmas and the Mardi Gras concerts that always prove to be so popular."

I'll be able to get into IOA those days.

Perhaps OI was referring to the blockout period later in December? Did Grinchmas start later than it does this year?

Here is the applicable paragraph in Uni's response to my question:
"Your Seasonal Pass will be blocked out at Universal Studios Florida™ only on Mannheim Steamroller concert dates. You will still be able to access Universal's Islands of Adventure™ on these concert dates. Please be advised, block out dates for both Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal's Islands of Adventure™ begin on December 21, 2017 and run through December 31, 2017."

-Rob

SSH

Thanks Rob! :) Universal's response is pretty clear. Relieved, as our seasonals expire about a month after our Dec trip - seemed like a such a waste of money paying the full year's upgrade charge for just 1 night. This way, we can wait to upgrade when renewing in early Feb instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom