News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Tavernacle12

Sunset Blvd done right could be a very big deal. IMO.

Encouraging someone seems to be recognizing that potential.

Is Sunset going to be the only area left with a genuine expansion pad? I'd assume there's space between Beast and Fantasmic as well as behind the counter service restaurants and Rockin.

Princess Leia

Heh... I know they're clones, but they aren't replacing something existing. That's what makes them at least acceptable, at this point. Both are still Iger's Ego attempting to place "his stamp" on the theme parks, though. :cautious:
I think both attractions will thematically fit their areas. They're new rides to WDW, and they won't be a stretch of the imagination like GotG in Future World or Frozen in Norway. GotG is unfortunately a replacement, when it should be a new build, in a newly created Superhero Land, in DHS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is Sunset going to be the only area left with a genuine expansion pad? I'd assume there's space between Beast and Fantasmic as well as behind the counter service restaurants and Rockin.
Between Beast and Fant has been swallowed by the second amphitheater/ stroller path. It wasn't massive to begin with. Showcase took another. The whole Market Ranch and behind is for expansion, as is behind Indy (and potentially on too)

Kman101

Heh... I know they're clones, but they aren't replacing something existing. That's what makes them at least acceptable, at this point. Both are still Iger's Ego attempting to place "his stamp" on the theme parks, though. :cautious:

I don't think Iger's ego has anything to do with Rat or Tron. (Why would he care about those two?)

Guardians? Star Wars? absolutely

montyz81

I don't think Iger's ego has anything to do with Rat or Tron. (Why would he care about those two?)

Guardians? Star Wars? absolutely
I sort of think Universe of Guardians is a Trojan Horse for Iger. Once he gets a foothold of Marvel IP into the parks, it might make it easier to begin to dismantle the contract with Universal for the rest of the IP, assuming Guardians is popular in Epcot.

TROR

Just saw a rumor on Twitter they plan on keeping the name for the attraction as Universe of Energy. Anyone hear anything similar to back this up?

trainplane3

Yes I heard this from CarouselofProgressLove, any thoughts @marni1971? Could be fake but still...
I feel it's almost a bit early to have a name for a ride that is still 3 1/2 years out. Then again, they could surprise everyone. If it is true, maybe it'll have a relation to energy and keep some little bit of Futureworld together.

Edit: Thinking even more on this. I think @marni1971 said the original UoE pre-show area will stay but everything beyond will be queues, more pre-shows, and of course load and unload. So with that, maybe the mural will still live? It'd be nice if it does, literally having the same name would make some sense to keep it...

Last edited:

es135

That brings up the question, if the rumor of keeping the name is true, is it done as a continuation of the mission of the original pavilion through a new medium (GotG) or is it merely lip service to attempt to appease die hard fans? I fear it would be the latter.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom