News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

EPICOT

Yea I was more suggesting things we know are on the docket for change with the added presumption that things go south. SSE and Imagination are the more likely candidates for major destruction than LwtL or the Seas. But beyond those 4 and the "safe" attractions, I don't know what else they can destroy that already hasn't been destroyed.

Kman101

Yea I was more suggesting things we know are the docket for change with the added presumption that things go south. SSE and Imagination are the more likely candidates for major destruction than LwtL or the Seas. But beyond those 4 and the "safe" attractions, I don't know what else they can destroy that already hasn't been destroyed.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Not sure what's left, lol. I meant to add Imagination into that but that seems in flux. It could go either way there. So not sure what's left to ruin besides SSE.

Kman101

Why can't they just preserve SSE as the only holdover to EC? It could be like a tribute ride that could talk to all the original ride themes.

That would be nice. I think people are simply going to worst case scenario with SSE we've so far gotten no indication that as it stands it's in any danger.

DC0703

That would be nice. I think people are simply going to worst case scenario with SSE we've so far gotten no indication that as it stands it's in any danger.

It worries me that SSE might get gutted at some point, given that Disney seems to be slowly doing away with these types of rides. That said, Marni1971 said that something was being considered for demolition like they are with Innoventions buildings, and I can't see them taking down the geosphere, since it is the park's central landmark (though I suppose anything is possible these days).

My guess is that they are thinking of leveling WoL and moving the festival stuff elsewhere. Imagination would be another possibility, since that pavilion is full of unused and underused space.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Yeah, I have to agree with most people here. Losing SSE in any way shape or form would be damage worthy of revolting against, and yet, something I could totally see current management pulling out of their hats.

I am planning a trip to Epcot in March '18. I have a pretty sad suspicion I should ride everything at least 3 times and bid my goodbyes...just in case.

celluloid

Are you accounting for inflation?
Because
Pirates 1:$450,268,700
Pirates 2:$574,546,200
Pirates 3:$399,818,000
Pirates 4:$266,055,600
Pirates 5:$170,872,400

Guardians Vol 1:$366,068,600
Guardians Vol 2:$386,774,900

Thank you.

Also to note to Movielover Guardians also had the 3D craze to inflate the ticket income and the ride will not even be open until the fourth Guardians appearance film.
I never said they were finished, but I was noting that the second film is where a franchise often peaks, especially with overexpsoure in a short amount of years, hence why Pirates 4 and 5 drastically dropped...and it was easier to quickly cash grab off of pirates synergy as they shoehorned it into the existing ride. Guardians will not even be open for another three years after the level of hype around it that we saw with DCA's Mission Breakout is over. Long story short, a large investment for a new ride and I was comparing the cheap synergy for a more succesful film series that pirates was, which I do dislike what was done to the ride experience and continues.

trainplane3

I just hate how there are so many questions, so little information, and a released "Blue Sky" artwork for ""Future World"" -- Why would they release such NON-Information at D23?
Just to reassure people to the effect of "HEY GUYS!!! LOOK! See? We have plans coming eventually!!".
Edit: What @HatboxGhostbuster said basically

Maybe more at the Epcot 35th event?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

For me, Marvel stateside (especially WDW) was always going to cause issues over the Uni contract. They have handled everything so poorly thus far.

Now there's a huge question mark hanging over more Marvel in DCA (something that was hugely vaguely mentioned at D23...see Spirit's thread for more info).

Personally, I could do without Marvel altogether.

theGib95

Probably corporate mandated to get people excited.

Get us excited about what though, that is the problem.

Just to reassure people to the effect of "HEY GUYS!!! LOOK! See? We have plans coming eventually!!".
Edit: What @HatboxGhostbuster said basically

Maybe more at the Epcot 35th event?

I guess maybe the general public is like "ooo, something shiny and new" but there is nothing there, intact as this and a few other threads have proven its use more uproar and questions to release that artwork specifically...

I will be there the morning of the 35th, I can hope I guess.....

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Get us excited about what though, that is the problem.

I guess maybe the general public is like "ooo, something shiny and new" but there is nothing there, intact as this and a few other threads have proven its use more uproar and questions to release that artwork specifically...

I will be there the morning of the 35th, I can hope I guess.....
Get excited that something "new" and "exciting" and "more relevant, more timeless, more Disney" is in the works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom