Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
My apologies, the discussion leading up to your post was about Indy in AK, and the fact that the topic of the thread being Indy in Animal Kingdom lead me to believe you were discussing it as well. My mistake.
And please forgive my temporary diversion from the thread topic...

Magic Feather

So, I can not help but feel partially responsible for this, so, let's drop some clarification.

1. My Primeval Whirl might be closing in a year or two comment was reffering to a different proposal for Dino

2. This proposal (as I believe Martin has stated) is in the very early consideration stage, and wouldnt happen until post-2023, if at all.

3. Just because Indy is being vaguely considered for AK, that doesn't stop other things from being considered for AK, or Indy from being considered elsewhere.

4. It is near impossible to turn Dino into an exact clone of either Indy.

5. Dinos should be here during the 50th.

ChewbaccaYourMum

So, I can not help but feel partially responsible for this, so, let's drop some clarification.

1. My Primeval Whirl might be closing in a year or two comment was reffering to a different proposal for Dino

2. This proposal (as I believe Martin has stated) is in the very early consideration stage, and wouldnt happen until post-2023, if at all.

3. Just because Indy is being vaguely considered for AK, that doesn't stop other things from being considered for AK, or Indy from being considered elsewhere.

So what I'm getting from this is they're fine with AK now, after the opening of Pandora, and it probably won't get anything significantly new till after 2023 maybe? Which would be 6 years after Pandora opened. Yikes

Fox&Hound

This kinda bums me out. Thanks for the update, though!

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
It is near impossible to turn Dino into an exact clone of either Indy.
This is the only thing you've ever said that I have had a problem with. Literally, sure, you're right, it's impossible to make it an exact clone. But to turn Dinosaur into an Indy attraction incredibly similar to Tokyo's? It's absolutely 100% possible and not as costly as one might think. To try and just throw that in there to make it seem like it can't be done is just irresponsible.

Elias

God I hope it hits DHS. It fits brilliantly. Has the excitement that park has. And it would fit in well with the 30's/40's aesthetic of the park. Not sure what the reasoning would be to NOT put it in DHS. It's needed far more there.
Rumors are pointing at Indiana Jones going to DAK not DHS. That means the stunt show could be removed at some point.

jt04

It would stand to reason that Disney wouldn't close down any Dinorama attractions until there is a new draw elsewhere on property, i.e. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

I think TSL and Runaway Train would more than be able to handle the impact of Dinorama closing.

jt04

I think Iger underestimated the SW potential at the Box Office until advanced ticket sales began for VII. Disney may also be underestimating the Indy franchise with a well written and produced sequel.

Point is, they should consider fast tracking an Indy Land at DAK. IMO.

britain

I think Iger underestimated the SW potential at the Box Office until advanced ticket sales began for VII. Disney may also be underestimating the Indy franchise with a well written and produced sequel.

Indy has always been a box office heavy hitter, but never a Star Wars phenom. If they're expecting Force Awakens gold from Indy they'll be disappointed no matter how good Indy 5 is.

rd805

Disney is riding a super high right now -- they had an amazing D23 expo, and got everyone excited/talking about their product again. I agree regarding fast tracking Indy, but with everything that is going on construction wise, even a fast-track is looking at beginning 2020 at the earliest haha!

I just hope Disney keeps this positive momentum. This then pushes Universal, which in-turn motivates Disney right back. I love the competition!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Fogo de chao themed EMV replacing Dinosaur confirmed!
flintstones_ribs2.jpg

Sign me up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom