What movies would you put in a GMR 2.0?

Amidala

Original Poster
So, I know GMR has officially closed (and I am excited for the new attraction), but I was watching an old YouTube video where a vlogger suggested revamping the GMR by replacing all of the movies represented in it with a whole new set of iconic/classic movies. To me, this would have been a really cool idea (preferable to the Great Mickey Ride idea IMO) and it's fun to think about the movies that might have been chosen. If this were to happen, I would rather see mostly non-Disney films, and would want them to stay away from Disney-owned IPs like Star Wars and the MCU properties since they're represented elsewhere in the parks.

Maria twirling and singing in the mountains in Sound of Music or the trolly scene from Meet Me in St. Louis would work well for a musical scene, and I would love to see a non-Disney animated film integrated (maybe a Miyazaki film like Spirited Away or My Neighbor Totoro), but haven't thought much about others that would fit. Any ideas for films that would work well in a GMR 2.0 (maybe a solid mix of classic and modern films) or would you rather see GMR shut down than revamped?

Disney Dad 3000

I would hate the idea of leaving Singin in the Rain, Mary poppins and Oz out but if you had to start from scratch there are a few others I think would make for good scenes, music, etc
Willy wonka and the Chocolate factor
The music man
The Godfather
Close encounters of the third kind
Ben Hur
Dirty Harry

Amidala

Original Poster
Friday the 13th, beacause when I have kids, I'm showing them those films early

Oh wow, I can't even sit through Psycho without being terrified.

I would hate the idea of leaving Singin in the Rain, Mary poppins and Oz out but if you had to start from scratch there are a few others I think would make for good scenes, music, etc
Willy wonka and the Chocolate factor
The music man
The Godfather
Close encounters of the third kind
Ben Hur
Dirty Harry

Yes, those are some of my favorite scenes too! I'm partial to musicals. This list is fantastic...I would love to see Willy Wonka and Close Encounters especially, but I feel like all of them have such distinct/recognizable aesthetics they would work really well.

A John Hughes movie like Ferris Bueller or Breakfast Club might be an interesting pick too, very different from the genres we saw in the original GMR but still considered cult classics of the 80s. There are a lot of fantasy movies that have really cool visuals (Pan's Labyrinth comes to mind) but would probably be a little too dark for Disney...then again, Alien is pretty creepy and so was that section of the ride.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well there is Star Wars, but there working on Galaxy's edge, and the Marvel cinematic universe, but you know Universal.
Toontown scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit will be nice for GMR 2.0., even it will have bandit / gangster will get squashed and killed by Droopy Dog in Toontown Hotel scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom