Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria Questions

Dave B

Original Poster
We are thinking of eating here on our November Trip. We have the free dining and had a question for everyone. There will be four(4) of us dining and sharing the pizza and salad

If we go in and order a Pizza and Salad, how many TS credits will that be? I cant find the info anywhere. I would think only one or two credits, but was not sure on a Pizza order?

I know the room service pizza order is 2 TS, but I didn't know if eating in the restaurant would be different, I am not talking about a personal pizza, but a normal 14 or 16 inch pizza.

If you have eaten there on the dining plan please let me know

Mark P.

We are thinking of eating here on our November Trip. We have the free dining and had a question for everyone. There will be four(4) of us dining and sharing the pizza and salad

If we go in and order a Pizza and Salad, how many TS credits will that be? I cant find the info anywhere. I would think only one or two credits, but was not sure on a Pizza order?

I know the room service pizza order is 2 TS, but I didn't know if eating in the restaurant would be different, I am not talking about a personal pizza, but a normal 14 or 16 inch pizza.

If you have eaten there on the dining plan please let me know
According to here, 2 credits for shareable pizzas.

Dave B

Original Poster
Thank you, I did see that, but I was confused by the 1,2 part?
  • Disney Dining Plan
  • Disney Dining Plan
  • DDP Credits 1, 2 for large pizzas to share.????
  • Deluxe DDP Credits 1, 2 for large pizzas to share.????

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes you can get the larger pizzas it will be 2 credits for a large (not per person but 2 adults credits total) , and 4 credits (4 persons credits total) gets you the Big 1 meter pizza. Then each person gets a drink and a desert. Basically you pool the tables credits together to get a larger pizza.
Now the individual pizza is not small that's also included with 1 credit per person, it's about the size of a medium pizza and has 4 huge slices. If you go that route it's plenty of pizza for one person even a big eater and y'all could try 4 different pizzas and share. You'd get a lot more pizza that way than a regular large pizza. We usually just pay VN out of pocket most times being it's a cheaper option. ;)

Dave B

Original Poster
That makes a lot of sense, I was thinking if I go in alone and wanted a large pizza, it would have to be the same regardless of number of people

We will probably try the individual( close to medium size) and try a couple different

Thank you everyone

jmrdv

Via Napoli's idea of an individual pizza is different from the average. They are small and the people go there for the burnt crusts. If you want better pizza - then Blaze pizza in Disney Springs and Wolfgang Pucks place by the bowling alley are vastly cheaper, much bigger and taste better in our opinion.

Dave B

Original Poster
Via Napoli's idea of an individual pizza is different from the average. They are small and the people go there for the burnt crusts. If you want better pizza - then Blaze pizza in Disney Springs and Wolfgang Pucks place by the bowling alley are vastly cheaper, much bigger and taste better in our opinion.
Thank you, if you could only pick one pizza place in all of Disney World, where would it be

jmrdv

It would be a toss up between Wolfgang Puck by the bowling alley - Very quick and rarely a wait with great pizza
or
Blaze pizza-- equally great pizza but usually mobbed with very long lines and a long wait.

In the end we would likely go to wolfgang puck - quieter - quicker and just as good.

mj2v

It would be a toss up between Wolfgang Puck by the bowling alley - Very quick and rarely a wait with great pizza
or
Blaze pizza-- equally great pizza but usually mobbed with very long lines and a long wait.

In the end we would likely go to wolfgang puck - quieter - quicker and just as good.
Wolfgang by Spliitsville is gone. The one by the Chistmas store is open and still owned by Wolfgang.

Blaze is decent fast food type pizza.

Via Napoli is more authentic Italian pizza. I just had pizza at Eataly in Boston today and it's very similar to Via Napoli.

sxeensweet

Wolfgang by Spliitsville is gone. The one by the Chistmas store is open and still owned by Wolfgang.

Blaze is decent fast food type pizza.

Via Napoli is more authentic Italian pizza. I just had pizza at Eataly in Boston today and it's very similar to Via Napoli.

Yep I agree...Via Napoli is authentic neopolitan style pizza from Italy. They as I've mentioned before even import the flour and some other ingredients direct from Italy for the pizza. Best there I'll say it a million times, at Disney. ;)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

I agree that it is the best.

That being said, someone who thinks of pizza as Papa Johns or Domino's may not like it.

Exactly! Lol. Or New York/Jersey style I constantly see comparisons to that style! People it's not supposed to be like any kind in the US it's in it's own Catagory! New York style is delicious too but you can't compare to that. If I had a quarter for every time someone said it's not like our pizza at home etc i could fund my Disney visits for life. It's not supposed to be! Lol Okay rant over! :banghead::joyfull:

Phonedave

Exactly! Lol. Or New York/Jersey style I constantly see comparisons to that style! People it's not supposed to be like any kind in the US it's in it's own Catagory! New York style is delicious too but you can't compare to that. If I had a quarter for every time someone said it's not like our pizza at home etc i could fund my Disney visits for life. It's not supposed to be! Lol Okay rant over! :banghead::joyfull:

For the record though, there are plenty of places in NY/NJ that do pizza like Via Napoli. So it is not in it's own category. There are pleny of wood fired Napoliean style pizza places around that do pizza just like Via Napolui (two within 10 minutes of my house in NJ). So yes, it is not like "normal" NY/NJ pizzaria pizza, but it hardly a style that you cant get anywhere else.

-dave

sxeensweet

For the record though, there are plenty of places in NY/NJ that do pizza like Via Napoli. So it is not in it's own category. There are pleny of wood fired Napoliean style pizza places around that do pizza just like Via Napolui (two within 10 minutes of my house in NJ). So yes, it is not like "normal" NY/NJ pizzaria pizza, but it hardly a style that you cant get anywhere else.

-dave

Yes I was just talking about the standard NY/NJ pizza. Many that don't like VN I have talked to compared it to the standard ones not a napoleon style. But yes there is quite a few that do make Neapolitan style elsewhere outside of Disney. I have had some too but still prefer Via Napoli out of the ones I have had over the years in the US. Sorry though my little rant was about those that say standard ones are better than neopolitan style. One day I hope to visit Italy where my mom's side derives from (her mother's mom and grandmother where from Italy and came to the US and resided in Boston area) to taste some there. ;)

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

I have no dog in this fight, other than to say I like Via Napoli. But I do want to mention that the style of pizza that we're talking about is neapolitan, not napoleon.

Oh, good. I was starting to picture the service at "Via Napoleon" looking something like this:

2e62c29fb9bb3a28037814ee7917c93b.png

Joking aside, my family is planning to go to Via Napoli for pizza (for the first time) on our next Disney trip. While it may not be as good as some of our local eateries (wood-fired, Neapolitan pizza is very trendy in our area, and has been for the last several years), I'm sure we'll still enjoy it. A pizza has to be pretty much inedible for my family not to like it -- and besides, if all we're having is a pizza to share, we won't be spending much more than if we went to PizzeRizzo! We'll weigh in after we visit!

Last edited:

Hockey89

Oh, good. I was starting to picture the service at "Via Napoleon" looking something like this:

2e62c29fb9bb3a28037814ee7917c93b.png

Joking aside, my family is planning to go to Via Napoli for pizza (for the first time) on our next Disney trip. While it may not be as good as some of our local eateries (wood-fired, Neapolitan pizza is very trendy in our area, and has been for the last several years), I'm sure we'll still enjoy it. A pizza has to be pretty much inedible for my family not to like it. We'll weigh in after we visit!
It the trendy places are really good there is no chance... This is the most overrated place at Disney... Loud... Slow service... Where is Buddy Thomas with the picture of his pizza... One piece has no toppings...A couple had a couple... Some had a bunch... It was pathetic...Shows a total lack of care and quality control....

sxeensweet

I have no dog in this fight, other than to say I like Via Napoli. But I do want to mention that the style of pizza that we're talking about is neapolitan, not napoleon.
Thank you I Totally I misspoke! I knew what I meant haha! Neapolitan style pies guess mixed up Napoleon being we were talking about Via Napoli. Lol...I'm Italian and have no excuse for my actions. ;)

Phonedave

It the trendy places are really good there is no chance... This is the most overrated place at Disney... Loud... Slow service... Where is Buddy Thomas with the picture of his pizza... One piece has no toppings...A couple had a couple... Some had a bunch... It was pathetic...Shows a total lack of care and quality control....

I have never had issues with the food, but I have seen that report. It was a mess of toppings. But as far as the service and atmosphere - yes. It is VERY loud, and at times the staff just seems downright confused. I don't know what the problem is, but almost every time I have eaten there, the wait staff is running around trying to keep up with orders, food, checks, etc.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom