Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Dinoland is in dire need of a facelift. The tacky, carnival atmosphere is below par and an eye sore within a beautiful park. An Indy makeover could be a quick 50th advancement for AK. With the Dinosaur ride system and the dig site being moderate rethemes, this makes sense. Highly unlikely but in location of Primival Whirl a copy of the Disneyland Paris Indy coaster would add thril and improve an outdated land.

Goob

I'm really curious to what the trip to Bali was all about for Rohde. I'm not convinced it has to do with Indy, but maybe he knows something about the filming location of the Indy 5 that we don't yet.

RSoxNo1

I love summer. The kids are out from school. The rumors fly hot and heavy.

Now, I don't want to say this isn't possible. The fact ToT and UoE have been taken over by the GotG should say otherwise. The fact that Disney's 3rd Gate MAGICal IP Park is losing its signature attraction for a short, screen-based ride themed to Mickey shorts from 2013 to now should again say anything is possible.

That said, beyond the fact it is a horrible idea that waters down the park's cohesive theming (something no 21st century fanboi seems to understand or care about ... it's amazing how these once were the volleys lobbed at UNI when Disney is worse about it as it is actively destroying the whole concept of theme parks), it still is very unlikely.

There ARE plans (as I have hinted at) to remove Dinorama and add a major attraction. I am not sure I would call them anything beyond proposed at this point. But removing Dinosaur isn't the same as removing Dinorama. The land is not Dinorama. And that will go, likely within the next half dozen or so years.

That said, I could see this being Chappie's own idea. And tossed at Iger, who would love it. So however unlikely, I would never say never ...
Would this be any greater of a thematic leap than Indy in TDS? I think much like Pandora in DAK, there's a treatment here that would be appropriate for the park. Now, if they go the Frozen Ever After route then it's a problem.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Should Raiders of the Lost Ark be recut to include Elsa?
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade has an Ilsa, is that close enough?
RPNOj.jpg

bclane

Rohde helped make Pandora a perfect fit for DAK. There are treatments for Indiana Jones that would work for any of the four parks.

A direct lift of Indy Adventure could be parachuted into DHS or Adventureland. In Epcot an attraction playing up archeology in South America (perhaps as an anchor of a Peru Pavilion?) isn't out of question. At DAK, the obvious treatment would be an archeology/paleontology angle.
Since archeologists don't dig up dino bones most people will outright reject this as a possibility. But I can imagine a scenario where Indy has to work with paleontologists because Dino's show up on one of his adventures...say on artwork or as actual bones in one of his digs that seemingly rewrites scientific thought on when Dino's existed etc. Another scenario could be Indy disturbing some artifact which causes an earthquake and opens up a passage into an underground realm where Dino's are still thriving. Anyway just trying to think how Mickey could possibly integrate Indy into a Dino themed area but who knows what they are thinking here.

Daveeeeed

Temple of Peril / Raging Spirits is just as bad as Primeval Whirl tho.

Dinoland needs something better
That is not true at all. RS & ToP are C-ticket coasters, just as you have C-ticket dark rides. Primeval Whirl is I suppose a B-ticket without theming. It's not even a fun wild mouse ride.

Raging Spirits & Temple of Peril are neat looking coasters, that while not fantastic, have way more theming than Primeevil Whirl. I'm not advocating for more coasters like this, but they are well done for their puny budget. A nice add-on attraction. If they were to retheme Dinosaur to Indy and bring in Raging Spirits, then there is a problem.
Coaster-Primeval-Whirl-Animal-Kingdom-Attraction.jpg

Vs.
tokyodisney2008_93.jpg

It sucks that it is a bare coaster, but the coaster itself is mostly hidden from view, and the supports fit the style very well.
asia571_708.jpg

371_main_visual_name_1.jpg

Mickey5150

For everyone who continues to talk bad about Dinoland I think it's time that you learn about the incredible amount of themeing that the Imagineers put into this land. People spend so much time on this site just bashing every little thing without any knowledge about what certain things in WDW are all about. Here's a chance to learn something about everyone's favorite world. http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/08/chester_and_hesters_dinorama.html

Timothy_Q

That is not true at all. RS & ToP are C-ticket coasters, just as you have C-ticket dark rides. Primeval Whirl is I suppose a B-ticket without theming. It's not even a fun wild mouse ride.

Raging Spirits & Temple of Peril are neat looking coasters, that while not fantastic, have way more theming than Primeevil Whirl. I'm not advocating for more coasters like this, but they are well done for their puny budget. A nice add-on attraction. If they were to retheme Dinosaur to Indy and bring in Raging Spirits, then there is a problem.

I agree that it looks better. That's not hard tho when comparing to dinorama

They're both off the shelf coasters with aparent supports tho.

GiveMeTheMusic

For everyone who continues to talk bad about Dinoland I think it's time that you learn about the incredible amount of themeing that the Imagineers put into this land. People spend so much time on this site just bashing every little thing without any knowledge about what certain things in WDW are all about. Here's a chance to learn something about everyone's favorite world. http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/08/chester_and_hesters_dinorama.html

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Immense effort into theming doesn't make it good theming.

Timothy_Q

There are plenty of fun and interesting little design details in the land, for sure

But "amusement park" is still a lame theme for a land inside a theme park.
Especially considering it's a land about dinos, so much wasted potential.

Just4Pics

Rohde helped make Pandora a perfect fit for DAK. There are treatments for Indiana Jones that would work for any of the four parks.

A direct lift of Indy Adventure could be parachuted into DHS or Adventureland. In Epcot an attraction playing up archeology in South America (perhaps as an anchor of a Peru Pavilion?) isn't out of question. At DAK, the obvious treatment would be an archeology/paleontology angle.

You're being too rational for this thread. You're supposed to just say 'it doesn't fit' over and over again. ;)

Razgriz

Making Dinoland over into a Central/South American land and maybe building a Mayan(or other temple) pyramid facade around Dinosaur seems like a great idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom