Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

andysol

Yes- Chester & Hester's needs to be redone. No disagreement from 99% of fans.

But here's a novel idea. If we want South America, how about we put it into the massive expansion pad that Rafiki's currently sits on.

Make an innovative transportation system that can handle the flow to it- add walking paths/animal trails- and incorporate a unique attraction for South America- they're more than welcome to throw an IP in there if they just can't help themselves. - But here's the kicker... by doing that... we can add capacity to the park.

Or... we just rip up something that fits. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, at DHS- God forbid we expand out into the parking lot like what was originally planned- and rip out Indiana jones to make a proper Indy land where it would thematically fit. Also, that would add capacity to the park.

These freakin people...

BenJacobs

I'll agree that DinoLand USA definitely needs retheming, but I'll eat a hat if Indian Jones replaces it in the next 5-10 years. The Indian Jones franchise doesn't fit with the theming, purpose or tone of the park, let alone the current purpose of DinoLand USA as a kids' area. The look of the Indian Jones films is a marginal match for the Africa/India/Tibet portions of the park, but the only real, tangential connection between the two is that Dinosaur and Disneyland's Indiana Jones share a ride vehicle, but that doesn't mean much, since it's an entirely different track and layout in California, not just something you can retheme and bring over. I feel like Joe Rohde would probably resign before bringing this into the park.

A much, much, much more likely replacement is Zootopia. It's theming would fits the current tone and purpose of the section of the park much more easily than Indiana Jones, which really I'd like to see reintroduced in a new way to Hollywood Studios once Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land are open and at capacity.

The Indy ride has a track layout that is very, very similar to Dinosaur, it is about the same, I think that you go up a lot at the start of Indy, but not on Dinosaur.

Zootopia works even less than Indy, because at least Indiana Jones has a lot of wildlife appearing(even if the main stoyline has no relation to animals or nature). Zootopia is all about humans, every theme is a human one, they are just anthropomorphic animals playing out human situations, it wouldn't fit in Animal Kingdom at all.

I think the story wouldn't be about Indy digging for dinosaur bones but rather that he stumbled upon a lost civilization in a South American jungle where dinosaurs haven't gone extinct yet. An Indiana Jones adventure through a dinosaur filled rain forest fits Animal Kingdom just as easily as Kali River Rapids (and its dumbed down deforestation backstory).

Mike S

Yes- Chester & Hester's needs to be redone. No disagreement from 99% of fans.

But here's a novel idea. If we want South America, how about we put it into the massive expansion pad that Rafiki's currently sits on.

Make an innovative transportation system that can handle the flow to it- add walking paths/animal trails- and incorporate a unique attraction for South America- they're more than welcome to throw an IP in there if they just can't help themselves. - But here's the kicker... by doing that... we can add capacity to the park.

Or... we just rip up something that fits. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, at DHS- God forbid we expand out into the parking lot like what was originally planned- and rip out Indiana jones to make a proper Indy land where it would thematically fit. Also, that would add capacity to the park.

These freakin people...
Well if DinoLand becomes South America featuring "Indiana Jones and the Lost World," the expansion pad could become Australia.
I think the story wouldn't be about Indy digging for dinosaur bones but rather that he stumbled upon a lost civilization in a South American jungle where dinosaurs haven't gone extinct yet. An Indiana Jones adventure through a dinosaur filled rain forest fits Animal Kingdom just as easily as Kali River Rapids (and its dumbed down deforestation backstory).
We've discussed that by using "The Lost World."

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Archeologists don’t dig for dinosaurs.
Maybe not, but there's nothing that says they can't find dinosaur fossils while looking for artifacts. In fact, since (spoiler alert) it's all made up and the points don't matter, there's nothing that says Indiana Jones can't find live dinosaurs in a magical cave somewhere.

And DAK is just a theme park. None of us here own enough DIS stock to convince, cajole, plea or persuade the Bobs to adhere to some mythical corporate quest for animal conservation if they want to put another adventure attraction in DAK... as long as they don't kill any animals in the process, that is... that would get PETA's shorts all bunched up.

I'm sure we can take you at your word as an objectively thinking rational person.
And that you aren't biased in your opinion at all.... Indiana Stone :p
Yes I am a fan of Dr. Jones. However, I personally wouldn't want a clone of the Anaheim ride or the Paris ride simply dropped into Animal Kingdom as I agree they don't fit the theme, but it's not too much of a stretch to construct a good back story. If a clone is the goal than I would prefer it be placed at DHS or Adventureland.

britain

Hey do you think they could populate Kali with the Dino AAs?

wdwfan4ver

The Indiana Jones Adventure in DL is set in a ruined temple in India. AK has a whole section dedicated to India and Nepal (Asia).

It actually fits pretty perfectly in that regard, and quite a bit better than blue aliens, or a Yeti for that matter.
Animal Kingdom was never designed to be all real animals a first place. Beastly Kingdom was planned for AK before it was scrapped due to cost.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Yes I am a fan of Dr. Jones. However, I personally wouldn't want a clone of the Anaheim ride or the Paris ride simply dropped into Animal Kingdom as I agree they don't fit the theme, but it's not too much of a stretch to construct a good back story. If a clone is the goal than I would prefer it be placed at DHS or Adventureland.

Exactly what I'm thinking. It seems like people are hearing "Indiana Jones" and thinking the movies and basing the stories in the movies on why this wouldn't work when Forbidden Eye is an original story and has nothing to do with the movies, other than some fun references like the snakes or boulder, for example.

Imo, Indiana Jones is a great adventure character, probably one of the best in movie history, and I don't think it would be that hard to make a better adventure ride containing Dinosaurs and throwing Indy into it. I think they can make it work. I'm also a huge fan of Indy and have been praying for a better presence in WDW so there's a big possibility I'm just very biased on this LOL ;)

djkidkaz

Thinking about this it really seems like a great idea. Change Dinosaur into the more popular Indiana Jones attraction ( I think almost everyone would agree its a better ride ) without having a huge cost since your basically just changing cosmetics for the most part. Keep the bone yard dig site since it still fits the theme and then get rid of Chester and replace it with something else. This opens the door to make a PROPER dinosaur area and attractions. Dinoland is basically one ride so to replace that area and re-do it somewhere else in the park sounds like a win to me.

FigmentJedi

I know they can legally use the concept of "The Lost World", but i fear most guest would confuse it with Jurassic Park, as one of the sequels are titled "The Lost World."
Good thing Disney has another good name for such a locale.
latest

S 2

Hello everyone, it has been quite a while, but I'm back once again. This time I'm hearing lots of rumors from multiple sources about Indiana Jones coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The most extreme of them include all of Dinoland USA being replaced with an Indiana Jones themed land. This would include the closing of Dinosaur to convert it into the Indiana Jones Adventure, an archeology-themed dig site to replace the Boneyard, and the demolition and eventual replacement of Chester and Hester's Dino-rama. (And before you ask, no, I have no idea what is happening to Finding Nemo- The Musical or the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.) This is purely rumor at this point, but I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything similar. Please comment if you know something, or if you're afraid to talk about it publicly, PM me here.

I love this and I hope it's true!! Animal kingdom is the PERFECT HOME for Indie Jones!!

BenJacobs

Thinking about this it really seems like a great idea. Change Dinosaur into the more popular Indiana Jones attraction ( I think almost everyone would agree its a better ride ) without having a huge cost since your basically just changing cosmetics for the most part. Keep the bone yard dig site since it still fits the theme and then get rid of Chester and replace it with something else. This opens the door to make a PROPER dinosaur area and attractions. Dinoland is basically one ride so to replace that area and re-do it somewhere else in the park sounds like a win to me.

I prefer Dinosaur, to be honest, though they are very similar, I think I prefer the theming. Also, Dinosaur is still a very popular attraction, similar wait times to Indiana Jones, you'd be replacing an popular ride, it would cost money, only to be just as popularas before(so why would you do it?).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom