Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

bclane

My initial reaction is, DHS would be so much better for this. But then again, Disney made a lot of effort to explain how Pandora fit into Animal Kingdom and their reasoning had a lot to do with the conservation/harmony with the land message. And imo it actually works and Pandora is my new favorite Disney hangout. I don't know how but maybe they can somehow make this fit too??? Maybe the land will be populated with lots and lots of snakes... Anyway, dinorama needs to go, but I would prefer they just upgraded the land and kept it dinosaur themed and put Indy in DHS.

GlacierGlacier

Dinosaur is already a 'bolt for bolt' reconstruction of indiana jones adventure, with the track and hardware being nearly identical. Replacing the decor and animatronics would probably be a pain but they could reasonably do it. But I'd want more than just a standard clone. Make every old effect work, add new scenes, decor, all that. Just imagine what they could do with the semi-transparent screens from River Journey, or projection mapping, or even a huge, yeti-scale animatronic inside the temple. They already kinda did this with Crystal Skull in Japan, but this could be brand new.

But I love dinosaur too much. Some parts may be aging, and it doesn't have the same brand status as indy, but it's still one of my favorite rides in wdw. A nice touch-up with a modern pre-show, distancing itself from the Dinosaur movie (rebranding back to CTX), and an expansion of the CTX brand to the rest of Dinoland with new rides and resturants there would be perfect. Not likely, but wonderful.

Bolt

With UoE closed and now the possibility of Dinosaur closing, what is Disney going to do with all of these dino animatronics? Please don't tell me they're just going to get trashed.
Based off one comment, you're already assuming Dinosaur is closing and wondering where they will put the animatronics? Happy Monday!

Spike-in-Berlin

Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot should tell you something.

EPCOT is not DAK, the problem with EPCOT is totally different to the problems there. EPCOT's original theme as a "permanent" world fair, with pavilions and attractions rooting in edutainment has been replaced mostly by some "Disney-Pixar-Microedumovietainment" because the park seems to have been to"scientific" and "adult" for the average guests (although I enjoyed it a lot as a kid in the 80ies but I was quite a science geek then). In DAK the problem is different, not enough attractions (because they canceled half the original design plan) but the theme of the park (Animals of past, present, future and legend plus conservation and protection of the natural environment) works quite well, no need to change it and bringing in a movie franchise that is not even remotely connected to the parks theme would definitely change it.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

EPCOT is not DAK, the problem with EPCOT is totally different to the problems there. EPCOT's original theme as a "permanent" world fair, with pavilions and attractions rooting in edutainment has been replaced mostly by some "Disney-Pixar-Microedumovietainment because the park seems to have been to"scientific" and "adult" for the average guests (although I enjoyed it a lot as a kid in the 80ies but I was quite a science geek then). In DAk the problem is different, not enough attractions but the theme of the park (Animals of past, present, future and legend plus conservation and protection of the natural environment) works quite well, no need to change it and bringing in a movie franchise that is not even remotely connected to the parks theme would definitely change it.
To Disney, the only problem is a lack of franchises.

BenJacobs

Hello everyone, it has been quite a while, but I'm back once again. This time I'm hearing lots of rumors from multiple sources about Indiana Jones coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The most extreme of them include all of Dinoland USA being replaced with an Indiana Jones themed land. This would include the closing of Dinosaur to convert it into the Indiana Jones Adventure, an archeology-themed dig site to replace the Boneyard, and the demolition and eventual replacement of Chester and Hester's Dino-rama. (And before you ask, no, I have no idea what is happening to Finding Nemo- The Musical or the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.) This is purely rumor at this point, but I'm curious if anyone else has heard anything similar. Please comment if you know something, or if you're afraid to talk about it publicly, PM me here.

An Indiana Jones ride would be great, but not in Animal Kingdom. Dino-rama could go, and I think that not many people would care, but Dinosaur is a beloved ride(and has just been refurbished). What scares me, is that Dinosaur has the same track layout as Indiana Jones at Disneyland in California, they could quite easily just replace the dinosaurs with an Indy.

Indiana Jones has nothing to do with lifelike nature, a ride would only ever fit in Hollywood Studios or Magic Kingdom.

Also, if they were to change it to an Indiana Jones land, it would cost loads of money, but probably be no more popular(still one very similar E ticket attraction, which people don't want to change anyway, and probably whatever that looping ride is called in Paris, which is basically on par with Primeval Whirl) - so they have no reason to change it.

ryguy

Dinoland itself is a good concept and half the land is themed well. When it morphs into the local carnival it gets stupid. That area needs to be bulldozed pronto.

Finally rode Indy back in June and it's a great ride. Would love to see it come to WDW, would be a great add. So I am hoping this rumor comes to fruition. If it were me I would put it in Adventureland, if not there than DHS. But since Dinosaur is essentially the same ride its a not surprising they would want to put in AK.

BenJacobs

I wouldn't believe those rumors because it is the wrong park, Indiana Jones in DAK doesn't make any sense, the same with an "archeology-themed dig site". What has this to do with the theme of DAK? As much as I would appreciate (a heavy understatement) IJA to finally come also to the east coast (and this terrible cheap dino-rama finally go), it doesn't belong into THIS park. I mean what kind of animals do they want to show in this area? Snakes, tarantulas, siafu ants and giant beetles?

Dinosaurs fit - as they are still real life, they are the animals of the past - but unfortunately there were budget cuts, so they created the thematically stunning Dinosaur, but couldn't make the rest of the land as amazing. You could see that they still put effort into the rest of the land, there is an entire backstory.

But I agree that Indiana doesn't belong in this park.

BenJacobs

Dinoland itself is a good concept and half the land is themed well. When it morphs into the local carnival it gets stupid. That area needs to be bulldozed pronto.

Finally rode Indy back in June and it's a great ride. Would love to see it come to WDW, would be a great add. So I am hoping this rumor comes to fruition. If it were me I would put it in Adventureland, if not there than DHS. But since Dinosaur is essentially the same ride its a not surprising they would want to put in AK.

The track layout is the same, but the experience is completely different, completely different storylines and theming.

Dinosaur is one of my favourite rides at WDW, I would hate for it to go, it's still very popular, there's no need to cahnge it to a ride of similar popularity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom