CM at Disneyland Splash Mountain Lift Hill

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
Really random question that I'm wondering if anybody here can answer:

In Disneyland's Splash Mountain, if you turn around and look to your right as you start to ascend the lift hill you'll notice a small exit passageway that is curtained off. In years past the curtain was not there and if you looked you could actually see a person sitting in a chair watching the ride vehicles through the passage (I also may have remembered seeing the glow of a TV monitor). Does anybody know what the purpose of this CM is? Is it to monitor the lift hill to make sure nothing gets stuck or something like that?

Friends and I would often make a game of always turning around and yelling "Hi!" to this CM. (I wonder if that's why they put the curtain in...)

No Name

You'll find an employee at the top of just about any log flume hill for the same reason. At most parks they aren't hidden. I like to pretend I'm rowing.

Damon7777

as you start to ascend the lift hill

I count 3 lifts on there......may I ask which one specifically you are asking about? I bet the last one, right? I'm not sure though.

There is a smaller shorter lift early on the ride with a frog then there is a substantial one themed with boards/ barn-like very close to it and finally there is the climactic lift with the vultures.

BasiltheBatLord

Original Poster
I count 3 lifts on there......may I ask which one specifically you are asking about? I bet the last one, right? I'm not sure though.

There is a smaller shorter lift early on the ride with a frog then there is a substantial one themed with boards/ barn-like very close to it and finally there is the climactic lift with the vultures.
Yes, I was referring to the final lift hill. Specifically in the DL ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom