Rumor All Star Resort Resturant Rumor

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow! Are you implying that guests that stay at the All Stars are cheap and won't tip servers what they deserve? Please clarify because that implication is totally uncalled for.

OK. Let me clarify. Yes. They would be cheap. Not all. But teens are notorious for not tipping. And foreigners, too, since it's not part of their culture. So, imagine serving a table of twenty cheer or Brazilian teens. There wouldn't be enough good tippers there to make up for it.

peter11435

OK. Let me clarify. Yes. They would be cheap. Not all. But teens are notorious for not tipping. And foreigners, too, since it's not part of their culture. So, imagine serving a table of twenty cheer or Brazilian teens. There wouldn't be enough good tippers there to make up for it.
I doubt the Brazilian teenagers would really utilize the TSR nor are they the target audience. Those groups stick with quick service in the parks I don't think their eating habits at the resort would be any different.

Notes from Neverland

That's a pretty bold, unsupported stance to take. Are the values more affordable than a deluxe? Of course, but the values are still full of people who are visiting the table service locations throughout the parks. Some people would rather spend money on food and experiences than on a room where they spend hardly any time. I'd wager a table service location could succeed in any location if it's worth the money.

Cosmic Commando

I was expecting this... sort of. I figured that they would add a TS restaurant somehow to the Pop/AoA area. I really loved how those two resorts make their own mini-Crescent-Lake-like area; they function as one resort in a manner of speaking (no surprise, given the original plan). AoA (or Pop, to a lesser extent) can be rewarding for a non-guest to walk around, just like a deluxe. With the Skyliner coming, that's going to give a TON of people easy access to Pop/AoA. With the resort level categories going away, it makes sense to put a restaurant there because it can make money, instead of "well, it's a value, so they don't have TS". In the future, it will be, "Stay at Art of Animation! Fun Suites! Great grounds to explore! Big pool! Animator's Palate restaurant! Skyliner access to two parks! Give us all your money!" instead of "Here's the value resorts."

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I was expecting this... sort of. I figured that they would add a TS restaurant somehow to the Pop/AoA area.

On the one hand, with the gondolas, a full service restaurant would make sense since people from Epcot and DHS as well as the Crescent Lake and other Skyliner resorts can easily get to it.

On the other hand, it's now much easier for Pop/AoA to get to the much nicer restaurants at CBR, Riviera, Crescent Lake resorts, as well as the restaurants in DHS and Epcot. Plus with all the restaurants now at DS, I don't think the larger WDW area is in need of more outside-the-park restaurants.

But I'm sure Disney will survey the Pop/AoA guests about it.

Which makes me wonder why we haven't heard of a survey at the All Stars if a new restaurant's going there.

Jon81uk

I also can't believe they don't have a small convention space that could easily feed school/cheer/Brazil groups instead of having them clog up a quick service location

I thought All Star Sports had some kind of facility at the back of the resort for the cheer groups? It's labelled Celebrity Hall on the map. Or does this not offer food service?
Disneys-All-Star-Sports-Resort_Full_19886.jpg

Cosmic Commando

On the one hand, with the gondolas, a full service restaurant would make sense since people from Epcot and DHS as well as the Crescent Lake and other Skyliner resorts can easily get to it.

On the other hand, it's now much easier for Pop/AoA to get to the much nicer restaurants at CBR, Riviera, Crescent Lake resorts, as well as the restaurants in DHS and Epcot. Plus with all the restaurants now at DS, I don't think the larger WDW area is in need of more outside-the-park restaurants.

But I'm sure Disney will survey the Pop/AoA guests about it.

Which makes me wonder why we haven't heard of a survey at the All Stars if a new restaurant's going there.
It definitely works both ways, but having a TS restaurant at a resort is a bigger amenity than easy access to other resorts' TS restaurants. All-Stars, Pop, AoA, and PoFQ are the only ones without, I believe. To me, it makes sense in a world without the Value resort category to increase the amenities at a place like AoA. The price for those suites is already more in line with a Mod or a Deluxe, anyway.

G00fyDad

LOLOL I am reading these posts and the level of haughtiness is pretty funny. Those that stay at an All Stars resort are apparently "low class", "cheap" and spoken of as though they are separate from the rest of proper society. HAHAHA MY Family stays there and we are by no means poor. We have the funds to stay at a deluxe and moderate. We just make the decision not to because we really don't care to spend time at the resort for anything but sleep. Well, that and the fact that our kids loved the theme of the All Stars and Pop.

However, as for a TS.... It is about time they made this move. But it should have finger foods only because those of us poor, low brow knuckle draggers need simple foods. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Funny, for all the people bristling at my tips comment, no one responded to the original question if they'd want to work at an All Star TS and live off the tips they get there.

peter11435

Funny, for all the people bristling at my tips comment, no one responded to the original question if they'd want to work at an All Star TS and live off the tips they get there.
Considering the price point they would most likely charge combined with the crowds they would likely bring in I think servers there would probably do pretty well even if they do see some poor tippers. Certainly better than serving at most non Disney non high end establishments.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sooo..They are considering this as a "Buffet Style" Dining.......Why do I get the bad feeling when Tour Groups, Pop Warner and Cheerleaders stay there it will be looking more like this..
giphy.gif

I sure hope this doesn't come to Pop or AoA...:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom