News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster

Also in this video: we've not been able to see it previously, but they've been hard at work on the separate steel structure for the battle escape rock work facade.

Old Mouseketeer

Seven short years after Chappaquiddick?!? I would've taken that bet and asked you to double it. :cool:

And you would have been more astute than I. The irony is that same year I made the most prescient political prognostication (alliteration--HAH!) of my life. In my first Presidential Election I said that I would probably never again have a choice between two such honorable men (Ford and Carter). I would give anything to be wrong about that, but sadly, no.

shortstop

I know everyone saw this from the D23 presentation, but I wanted to highlight the actual footage from Disney (and not someone's periscope footage of the footage).

I somehow made a 1 minute video last 20 with the number of times I paused and played.

Points for anyone who can spot the nods to some of Disney's other recent projects from this decade. I definitely noticed two of them.

Care to drop any hints on when I can find those nods? :)

Stevek

I know everyone saw this from the D23 presentation, but I wanted to highlight the actual footage from Disney (and not someone's periscope footage of the footage).

I somehow made a 1 minute video last 20 with the number of times I paused and played.

Points for anyone who can spot the nods to some of Disney's other recent projects from this decade. I definitely noticed two of them.

Cool video...I always wonder why places like Inside the Magic/ITM watermark their logo on a Disney owned video.

BrianLo

Original Poster
That's a little like saying Haunted Mansion has nods to Pirates of the Caribbean because of all the animatronics… but okay!

More helpful? I guess it was a little like read my mind.

IMG_2084.PNG
IMG_2086.PNG

Ismael Flores

So the parks blog announced that the one mans dream building in DHS will be set up to be a preview area with artwork and the model for toy story land and A PART of the Star Wars galaxy edge model.
Seems like maybe they will get only a section of the model. My guess is that they will not be showing the western edge and/or eastern edge since the model that showed in D23. Was actually the full model of the Disneyland site with the three entrances and pathway.

So the question is why they would ship it all the way to Florida and instead not just exhibit it here in the inniventions building.
I'm sure they have plenty of other artwork they can display in Florida for all the projects they have scheduled for WDW including. Tron, guardians, ratatouille, Epcots main hub and changes and new hotels.

Would be nice if they re-opened the blue sky cellar and at least give us some artwork of Pixar Pier and maybe even some artwork of Marvel proposals

D

Deleted member 107043

So the question is why they would ship it all the way to Florida and instead not just exhibit it here in the inniventions building.

Because WDW is the primary focus of P&R's North American strategy for attendance growth is my guess. Florida is getting an extraordinary amount of attention form Disney. The SW:GE model being placed there kind of underscores it.

TP2000

Well, when you are Disney's Hollywood Studios, you have to do something.

Great Movie Ride closes this weekend. That leaves DHS with exactly four (4!) operating rides; Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Midway Mania. And a half dozen very tired and sad stage shows from the 1990's (some in outdoor theaters in the horrific Orlando climate), plus some abandoned walk-thru exhibits. And the worst Fantasmic! on the planet.

DHS is the most pathetic Disney theme park currently in existence, booting Paris' Walt Disney Studios Park from last place. A year from now DHS gets two more rides; a clone of Mater's C Ticket, and a Slinky Dog family coaster. Six rides?!? It will be a long slog for them until Star Wars Land opens in late 2019.

You almost want to send DHS a care package or something to help. Displaying part of the Star Wars model in an air conditioned room is the least Disney can do for that poor park.

I would assume that Florida will receive a different model, as their version of 'Galaxy's Edge' will be a slightly different layout from Disneyland's version showcased at the recent D23 Expo.

I would assume the part of the model going to DHS is the "village" section from the righthand side of the D23 exhibit. The Imagineer that talked to me about the model on the raised platform at the back of the exhibit confirmed this was the Disneyland version on display and said the lefthand side of the model (connecting to Critter Country) would be the most different at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom