New Hotel to Join Swan & Dolphin

AndrewsJ

Original Poster
Forgive me if this has already been discuss. Please feel free to move if there is already a discussion. I am at the Dolphin now and was just told that a new 700 room boutique hotel is being built adjacent to Fantasia golf. Construction has already begun. The Dolphin is currently going through a huge transformation with a brand new lobby and huge quick service/grab and go market being built. There is also a new Disney store and ladies clothing store now open. I'm taking pics of all of the construction and will post later.

ETA this is still all rumor. Although I have seen some construction I have no official confirmation

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Forgive me if this has already been discuss. Please feel free to move if there is already a discussion. I am at the Dolphin now and was just told that a new 700 room boutique hotel is being built adjacent to Fantasia golf. Construction has already begun. The Dolphin is currently going through a huge transformation with a brand new lobby and huge quick service/grab and go market being built. There is also a new Disney store and ladies clothing store now open. I'm taking pics of all of the construction and will post later.

ETA this is still all rumor. Although I have seen the construction I have no official confirmation

Yes, this was discussed a few months ago. Not sure where the thread is.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

ETA this is still all rumor. Although I have seen the construction I have no official confirmation

It was being discussed in this thread...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/height-balloon-testing-by-fantasia-gardens.908737/

I doubt any actual construction has begun since I have not seen any permits for this.

ABQ

Guess I misunderstood how "boutique" hotel is defined. I had thought it meant not only unique, as in not the same as some other hotel in the owner's chain, but also not many rooms. 700 just sounds large for boutique. But I guess, using just the first criteria, the Swan is boutique as is the Dolphin. I just don't think of them as such.

AndrewsJ

Original Poster
It was being discussed in this thread...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/height-balloon-testing-by-fantasia-gardens.908737/

I doubt any actual construction has begun since I have not seen any permits for this.
This is not the same rumor. This hotel is not the one in Bonnet Creek. Although I honestly have no idea if it's true or not. My partner is an auditor for SPG/Marriott and we were told this over breakfast. I'm not convinced the construction that was referenced is for the hotel though. I'm still trying to coax out more info.

AndrewsJ

Original Poster
You've seen construction/renovation in the lobby, not outdoors near the tennis courts, correct?
There is construction going on outside but it looks to be more in the farther parking lot than the tennis court area that's why I'm doubtful what we are seeing is for the hotel. The source seems reputable and wasn't being secretive at all I just think he's off a little. I think they are also building convention space between the Dolphin and Yacht Club. I don t know if construction has started on that but what I'm seeing seems like it would be more that than a hotel. I've also seen similar construction when Gartner comes to town and practically builds their own exhibit hall in the lower lot. Who knows?? I'm trying to get more info but this could all just be bus driver talk.

Last edited:

AndrewsJ

Original Poster
Guess I misunderstood how "boutique" hotel is defined. I had thought it meant not only unique, as in not the same as some other hotel in the owner's chain, but also not many rooms. 700 just sounds large for boutique. But I guess, using just the first criteria, the Swan is boutique as is the Dolphin. I just don't think of them as such.
I thought the same thing. When I think of Boutique Hotel I think smaller scale, high luxury. Not necessarily 700 rooms. Who knows.

Kamikaze

There is construction going on outside but it looks to be more in the farther parking lot than the tennis court area that's why I'm doubtful what we are seeing is for the hotel. The source seems reputable and wasn't being secretive at all I just think he's off a little. I think they are also building convention space between the Dolphin and Yacht Club. I don t know if construction has started on that but what I'm seeing seems like it would be more that than a hotel. I've also seen similar construction when Gartner comes to town and practically builds there in exhibit hall in the lower lot. Who knows?? I'm trying to get more info but this could all just be bus driver talk.

Show us the location on Google Maps?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is not the same rumor. This hotel is not the one in Bonnet Creek. Although I honestly have no idea if it's true or not. My partner is an auditor for SPG/Marriott and we were told this over breakfast. I'm not convinced the construction that was referenced is for the hotel though. I'm still trying to coax out more info.

We are definitely getting the hotels mixed up. The thread I linked to is NOT about Bonnet Creek, but likely the one you are talking about near the Swan and Dolphin.

AndrewsJ

Original Poster
I have concept art for the revamped lobby area, foyer, lobby bar and Fuel grab and go but I can't figure out how to post from my phone. It looks really nice. The fabric tent over the fountain is gone and there is a huge new chandelier over the fountain.

AndrewsJ

Original Poster
We are definitely getting the hotels mixed up. The thread I linked to is NOT about Bonnet Creek, but likely the one you are talking about near the Swan and Dolphin.
I'm sorry man. I'm making a mess of things. I usually use the forums on my laptop and I'm using my phone today.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is construction going on outside but it looks to be more in the farther parking lot than the tennis court area that's why I'm doubtful what we are seeing is for the hotel. The source seems reputable and wasn't being secretive at all I just think he's off a little. I think they are also building convention space between the Dolphin and Yacht Club. I don t know if construction has started on that but what I'm seeing seems like it would be more that than a hotel. I've also seen similar construction when Gartner comes to town and practically builds there in exhibit hall in the lower lot. Who knows?? I'm trying to get more info but this could all just be bus driver talk.

Yacht/Beach Club is getting an expanded convention center, and work has already started on that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Marriott is building a big hotel in the WDW area, which is not the one that will be on Fantasia Tennis Court.

Marriott/Tishman is building a boutique hotel on the Fantasia Tennis Court. We don't know which of their brands yet. AFAIK, no one has reported seeing demolition of the tennis courts yet. This hotel will be mostly suites.

SPG, then Marriott, has been refurbishing the Swolphin, rooms and lobby. Right now, they are working to move the Dolphin lobby from oversized beach cabana cut-out canopies to elegant gold and black lounges.

As mentioned above Beach & Yacht are expanding their own convention space. As we all know, the Swolphin has its own rather large convention spaces.

This is from the rumor tracker (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-upcoming-timeline-tracker.926402/). Follow the links for map-pictures.

Swolphin tower on Fantasia Gardens tennis court with cabanas turned into more parking (but the miniature golf being more or less left alone) [see here and following]
  • it will be some brand of Marriott, a rumor of a Kessler Collection Tower is being denied by a Kessler spokesperson [here]

Creathir

Does Disney not own that land? I thought the separation agreement was for just two hotels, not how ever many they want to cram into the area.

I'm shocked Disney would allow another 3rd party in on the room game with other projects in the vacinity close to being built.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does Disney not own that land? I thought the separation agreement was for just two hotels, not how ever many they want to cram into the area.

I'm shocked Disney would allow another 3rd party in on the room game with other projects in the vacinity close to being built.
IIRC there is a clause in the original Tishman swolphin contract for a third hotel that has to open before x date to be valid.

articos

Disney gets a piece.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom