2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival beginning August 31st

BoardwalkGlenn

Does anyone know for certain if there will be a chase lounge or a chase viewing area of illuminations at Epcot this year during food & wine festival 2017. I called up the first time and was told that there are no chase lounges or viewing area this year & saw this posted on another blog. However, I called up again and this time was told that the Chase Lounges in Epcot are permanent, one near Figment of the Imagination and another in the American Pavilion and was also told I would be able to watch Illuminations by the Gondolas near the Italy Pavilion. I cannot find a definite answer or information on this for 2017. Thank you!

I haven't found anything official about this year, but rumors are Chase is no longer a F&W Festival sponsor. Also, I believe the lounge in the American Adventure pavilion is the rumored WDW Club 33 lounge. The lounge in the Imagination pavilion is for DVC.

Rider

I haven't found anything official about this year, but rumors are Chase is no longer a F&W Festival sponsor. Also, I believe the lounge in the American Adventure pavilion is the rumored WDW Club 33 lounge. The lounge in the Imagination pavilion is for DVC.
Nothing stops them from using a different location (the first year was in Wonders of Life) but the lack of Chase as a sponsor would likely mean no lounge.

jakeman

No. My point is that they weren't selling a growler container while 32 oz growlers were illegal in Florida. The Florida Legislature recently made growler sales legal.
I was responding to and quoted @ford91exploder temperance mini-rant. Did my post inadvertently quote you? The forum does that sometimes weirdly.

But on that topic...really....growlers were illegal? And 64 ouncers are still devil jugs?

States have some of the strangest alcohol laws.

JohnD

I was responding to and quoted @ford91exploder temperance mini-rant. Did my post inadvertently quote you? The forum does that sometimes weirdly.

But on that topic...really....growlers were illegal? And 64 ouncers are still devil jugs?

States have some of the strangest alcohol laws.

Oh sorry. Yeah. Was a weird law. Craft breweries have grown in Florida like anywhere else. The Legislature finally came to their senses.

jakeman

Oh sorry. Yeah. Was a weird law. Craft breweries have grown in Florida like anywhere else. The Legislature finally came to their senses.
I was in Georgia this year and breweries can't sell directly to consumers unless they are a restaurant or offer tours. That was really cumbersome. You had to show up for a $1 tour at a certain time to be able to buy a pint from the brewery. It was like a speakeasy.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I was in Georgia this year and breweries can't sell directly to consumers unless they are a restaurant or offer tours. That was really cumbersome. You had to show up for a $1 tour at a certain time to be able to buy a pint from the brewery. It was like a speakeasy.
Yep I live in Atlanta and its very frustrating but that will change come September when a new law goes into effect.

raymusiccity

Seems like there is a ton of Figment Merch this year. Is that pretty common every F&WF?

Not exactly 'merchandise', but, I think that Annual Passholders will be disappointed in the step down this year during Food & Wine.

The latest edition of the Passholder Newsletter is excited to announce:

"Yes, it's good to be a Passholder. And during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, it's going to be even better. Stop by the Festival Center with your valid annual pass for the opportunity to receive your specialty buttons."

There's a big difference between providing souvenir wine glasses to their Passholders, (as in years past), and giving out buttons!

JohnD

Not exactly 'merchandise', but, I think that Annual Passholders will be disappointed in the step down this year during Food & Wine.

"Yes, it's good to be a Passholder. And during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, it's going to be even better. Stop by the Festival Center with your valid annual pass for the opportunity to receive your specialty buttons."

There's a big difference between providing souvenir wine glasses to their Passholders, (as in years past), and giving out buttons!

Agree. Unfortunately for me, I must have washed my drink glass one time too many because it broke. I do have the wine glass from the year before though.

rocketraccoon

Aww man, the drink glass they gave out last year was a nice change of pace.

Mark P.

Completely meaningless gesture. I'd almost prefer they don't even bother recognizing Passholders at all rather than a half-hearted attempt like this.

rocketraccoon

They seem to be setting up merchandise locations at the moment. The Odyssey's dining area is filled with racks and signage from last year's Food & Wine and this year's Flower & Garden. The VISION House in Innoventions East that usually has passholder stuff also removed whatever they were using to black out the automatic sliding door with temporary walls.

From outside The Odyssey:
7FUlRoG.jpg

The same sign in the VISION House last year:
OOhqjRN.jpg

Presumably it'll change. I don't think I remember what the keepsake box even was.

Tony the Tigger

I hope this hasn't been posted already – I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

During a phone call with Disney Visa® Card from Chase today, I mentioned that we would be up there soon and appreciate the Chase lounge especially to get out of the heat or rain.

To my surprise, I found out Chase is not sponsoring food and wine this year, therefore there will be no chase lounge.

Bummer! I wonder if they will use the space for something else? Or is that where I heard they were building D 23?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom