Jiko reserv. at 21:55. When should I leave AK?

crxbrett

Original Poster
So I have an ADR for Jiko at 21:55 (9:55p) and will be at the AK that night. It's been 9 years since my last trip, so I'm not sure just how efficient or inefficient the buses have become since then.

Right now, I am planning on leaving the AK at 9pm to head over to the AKL. My question is do you think that is enough time to get over to the AKL. I know it's only about a 3-5 min bus ride, but my concern is the wait time for a bus. AK closes at 21:30, so we would be exiting a solid 30 min before closing.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You should be fine. :) Also if you have a car you could drive that day instead. We prefer driving ourselves but I know not everyone has a car with them. ;)

crxbrett

Original Poster
You should be fine. :) Also if you have a car you could drive that day instead. We prefer driving ourselves but I know not everyone has a car with them. ;)

Thanks. I figured it would be, but with complaints about horrible bus service lately, I wanted to make sure.

rael ramone

My thoughts: Are you looking to maximize park time that day?

If not, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is VERY much worth going over early to see. If you go there early, there are about 3 'common' areas where you can see animals. And I believe all the animals they have over there aren't available to see in the regular AK unless it's on the safari - here you can see them still. The lobby area is good to look at as well. One of the best hotel gift shops on property as well.

If you get tired waiting, you can always check in early for your reservation. Seeing how they are doing promo's to get people to eat there, they might seat you early.... personally I'm not a big fan of late reservations. I tend to try to get them once they open so I don't end up with a big meal just before bed...

crxbrett

Original Poster
My thoughts: Are you looking to maximize park time that day?

If not, the Animal Kingdom Lodge is VERY much worth going over early to see. If you go there early, there are about 3 'common' areas where you can see animals. And I believe all the animals they have over there aren't available to see in the regular AK unless it's on the safari - here you can see them still. The lobby area is good to look at as well. One of the best hotel gift shops on property as well.

If you get tired waiting, you can always check in early for your reservation. Seeing how they are doing promo's to get people to eat there, they might seat you early.... personally I'm not a big fan of late reservations. I tend to try to get them once they open so I don't end up with a big meal just before bed...

I am only visiting AK twice on my entire trip. Mon morning for 4-6 hours on EMH day and then Thursday afternoon/evening for about 4 hours. I wanted to see Pandora at night so I was planning on exploring the area until about 9pm. I have been to AK and the AKL before, but my GF has not. But she wants to see what Pandora is like at night as well. We're doing FOP and Navi River at opening Mon morning so we don't have to do the attractions at Pandora that Thu evening. Although I have a FP+ for Navi River at like 8pm that night.

Last time I went to Jiko I did the early dinner at like 6pm and was able to enjoy the animals and views afterwards. It was amazing! Very peaceful, quiet and tranquil. But that was 9 years ago when the parks were not very crowded, open later and you could walk up for dinner and not require an ADR. I prefer early dinners at like 5pm usually. But since the parks are closing early this year, I am doing a few dinners at like 9:45, 9:50pm. Another reason why I wish Disney would extend park hours again.

I am planning on staying at AKL next year for a few nights so I look forward to relaxing there then for sure!

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom